Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Clipper Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nantucket Clipper Help

A friend and I are considering the Nantucket Clipper Antebellum South and Intracoastal waterway cruise. Time is getting short and we need to decide, but has anyone done this cruise that clue us in on cabins, shore tours, etc. Thanks.

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Hi Jessie1,

I did the same cruise this past November on the Nantucket Clipper and will be happy to answer any questions you have. I loved my Clipper cruise! I didn't hear one complaint on board, which is so rare. My clients who have cruised Clipper have been very pleased as well. Do you have specific questions?

Old February 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation Nantucket Clipper

Jeani, Please tell me everything you know!!!! I am deciding by Monday whether to do the Antebellum Cruise-intracoastal waterway. I need to know about the cabins-is Cat 3 Promenade deck good? Are the shore tours good and what about the people on board? My friend and I are late 50's. Also, are there any "hidden" costs? Thanks a lot for your help-guidance is most helpful!

Old February 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Don't forget the fuel surcharge..........It really adds to your bill, and most people do not know about it.

Old February 12th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Hi Jesse1,

I am not aware of any hidden costs. Although, the shore excursions are optional, meaning they will have an additional charge. The ports are really cool. Be sure to do the Cumberland Island trip. Although it's long and there are few facilities on the island, it is worth the once in a lifetime experience!

I am 55 and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, as did many my age. Cat 3 is fine, adequate for 2 people, twin beds (they all have twin beds that don't move together). However, if you look at the deck plans you'll see that CAT 2 on the lounge deck is in the back, and not around the area where people will do a lot of walking, so it's a little bit more private and the same size as cat 3. In addition, you can go right out your door, a few feet to the back, and it's like your own private balcony. Very few people sit out there. It was my favorite spot! Both cats are 125 square feet, beds aren't too comfortable but you get used to them. See my post under your previos thread where I explained a bit about the rooms.

You're going to have an older crowd on this cruise. If you like exploration style cruises and a small intimate experience, you'll like it, in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Old February 12th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nantucket Clipper

Thanks for your replies. Jeani, I am confused about your answer in re to my previous post and cabin info. I am new to these boards and hope I haven't broken a rule! Anyway, am sure we will have more questions for you. And I had not noticed the fuel charge, Cruise Lover20.

Old February 12th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Jessi, What are you confused about? If you can ask specifics I will be happy to reply as best I can.

Old February 12th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Nantucket Clipper

Is engine noise a significant problem on a small ship? I am not really worried about motion, being on the intracoastal, but was curious about noise.

Old February 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

I didn't notice engine noise. This is a very different kind of cruise. You're only traveling about 200 miles and taking 7 days to do it, so you're moving very slowly, you stay at port until very late, and you're at the next port before you know it.