Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Cayman Islands

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Anyone just off Jewel of the Seas lately ?

We are due to go to GC in a couple of weeks time on the Jewel of the Seas, I've had a look at some private excursions to visit the stingray sandbar, but most of them leave before the Jewel is even in port.
Can anyone who has been on the Jewel lately advise me on how we can do one of these tours. We would prefer a morning trip so that we can go to the beach in the afternoon. We dont really want to do any further snorkelling on this port, so stingrays and a short snorkelling stop would be ideal.
Its our first visit to GC so ideally we want to do as much as we can whilst there.
Anyone who has done this recently who can guide me on this. I'd be most grateful.
TIA
Happycruzer
Jewel of the seas E/Car march 06
Costa Atlantica july 2003
Norwegian sea 98
norwegian sea 97

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 12th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Late arrival on Jewel

I just reserved a trip with Sharon of Nativeway. At first she told me I couldn't do anything since the jewell came in so late. Then she sent me an email that they changed things for the Jewell. I don't know if that is going to be from now on, or if you need to talk her into setting up something for your date.

have good news. We have decided to open up a later “Stingray & Island Tour” for people traveling on Norwegian Jewel. It would depart the cruise ship pier at 1 PM Eastern Time and complete at 5 PM Eastern Time. If you come ashore earlier, you could do a little shopping before the tour.
NEXT: May 17 2014 Golden Princess- Inside passage with Glacier Bay -Dec 8,2014 National Geographic/Lindblad Expeditions "Journey to Antarctica" Jan 25, 2014 - Carribean Princess -- Western Carribean,Aug 25, 2013 - Golden Princess--Inside Passage Alaska, ,Jan 16, 2013 - Golden Princess -- Hawaii,Jan 15, 2012- NCL Star- W. Carribean (RT Tampa), Dec 10, 2011--NCL Epic---E. Carribean, 10/2011--NCL Epic - Western Med. (RT Barcelona), 10/2011--NCL Jade--Greek Isles (RT Venice), 1/2011---NCL Pearl--West Carribean, 6/2010---NCL Gem--Greek Isles, 1/2010---NCL Jewel-- West Carribean, 10/2009--NCL Star--Mexican Riviera, 9/1008---NCL Sun--Vancouver BC to San Fran via Alaska,2/2008---Carnival Legend--Western Caribbean, 2/2007---NCL Sun--Western Caribbean, 3/2006---NCL Jewel--Caribbean, 7/2005---Diamond Princess--Alaska, 10/2003--Radiance of the Seas--Pacific Northwest, 12/2000--Carnival Elation--Mexican Riviera, 7/1979--Baltic Shipping Co "Baltica" --London, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Leningrad