Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old February 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Waitlist only...

Hello;

I am booked on Sept 23rd Caribbean Princess western caribbean, due to my daughter's school schedule, I need to switch my booking to the Oct 7th sailing. They have double rooms available but no triples, it states waitlist only. How often should I check to see if a room becomes available. I have my travel agent who has listed me, but I am like all of you and sometimes am 3 steps ahead of him. Soooo tell me guys how often should I check to see if one is available?? And what are the chances I won't be able to get on this sailing with triple availability at all????

Teresa who TIA

MySpace Countdown Clocks

Last edited by abteer; February 21st, 2006 at 03:03 PM.

Old February 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abteer
Hello;

I am booked on Sept 23rd Cb western caribbean, due to my daughter's school schedule, I need to switch my booking to the Oct 7th sailing. They have double rooms available but no triples, it states waitlist only. How often should I check to see if a room becomes available. I have my travel agent who has listed me, but I am like all of you and sometimes am 3 steps ahead of him. Soooo tell me guys how often should I check to see if one is available?? And what are the chances I won't be able to get on this sailing with triple availability at all????

Teresa who TIA
Even if you have a booking they may never show up as available even if they are. It is still far enough out that it should not be a problem getting a triple or a quad.

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

Old February 27th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Call Princess often if you booked with them. I was waitlisted for a catagory all agencies said were totally booked. I called Princess almost daily and got the catagory I wanted. You have plenty of time also!

Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean March '04
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean March '05
Grand Princess - Mediterreanean August 6, '05
Grand Princess - Western Caribbean March 25, '06

Future:
Freedom of the Seas - March 25, 2007

Old February 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was waitlisted for a minisuite on our upcoming Sea Princess cruise this July (we were booked in an outside, non balcony cabin). I checked 4-5 times a day for minisuite availability. I saw minisuites available two times over the course of 6 months that we were on the waitlist and neither time were we offered the chance to switch, despite being #1 on the waitlist. Due to it being late at night the first time I saw a minisuite available we missed out and were not able to book it, but lucked in the next time I saw one available and were able to switch. I had already checked two or three times the day I found one available. Ironically, both times I found a minisuite available was on the last day of the month.

Next up: Emerald Princess - Transatlantic, April 18, 2013
Past cruises: Crown Princess - Alaska 1997, Veendam - Panama Canal 1999, Maasdam - Canada & NE 2000, Maasdam - E. Caribbean 2001, Zaandam - Alaska 2001, Star Princess - Pacific Coastal 2002, Royal Princess - Europe 2003, Star Princess - Alaska 2003, Viking Spirit - Europe 2004, Golden Princess - Europe 2005, Star Princess - Baltics 2005, Sea Princess - Iceland, Norway, British Isles 2006, Sea Princess - Mediterranean 2007, Grand Princess - British Isles 2008, Grand Princess - Iceland and Norway 2008, Island Princess - Alaska Cruisetour 2009, Grand Princess - TA 2010, Ruby Princess - TA 2012

Old February 28th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default wait list advice from a TA

Always make sure that when you ask to be put on a wait list, that you ask to be waitlisted in all categories for the type of cabin you want. If you only waitlist for an AB mini suite if an AA or AC comes available you will not get confirmed. You will only get confirmed if an AB comes available.

Theoretically clearance to a wait list should happen automatically, as it is all done by computer. However sometimes you will find that if you happen to check at the right time you may get a cabin that has cancelled before it gets to the waitlist.