Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default A Country Music Theme Cruise..maybe a little Toby Keith?

Hi all!! I've read about the Kenny Chesney cruise, taking place now I believe, and I think Buffett has had one....what about a country music theme cruise??? With entertainers on board...top name, not has beens like has been done before. Let's get Toby Keith on a cruise, can you imagine the fun???? Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, what shows they would put on!!!! Maybe if we email them enough or suggest it on their website? If anyone is interested in Toby...go to his website and go to forum...LET's DO IT!!!! also, if interested in pre-ordering his new White Trash CD put in the referral code krazykate58 and you'll get a discount. When I was 19 I was on a Carnival cruise that had a Country theme. 2 men and 1 woman performed and we had a talent contest....I got up and sang DIVORCE...I remember the woman coming up to me and telling me to keep at it and plugging away or something....wish I could remember who was on that cruise!!

Carnival 9/76
RCCL Radiance 4/03
Costa Atlantica 3/04
Carnival Fascination 3/05
Grand Princess 2/06
Carnival
Imagination 10/06
Diamond Princess 9/1/07 To Alaska!
RCCL Majesty 2/11/08
Adventure of the Seas 3/22/09
Carnival Glory 8/29/09
RCCL Navigator 5/6/10 Mediterranean!
RCCL Serenade 4/9/11
Carnival Valor 3/17/12
Princess Golden 9/1/12-Alaska!
RCCL Navigator MARDI GRAS 2/9/13
Carnival Glory 2/22/14
RCCL Brilliance 5/26/14 Baltic!

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Count me in!

You could definitely count me (and DH) in on that cruise - particularily if it was TK. I could probably even talk my sis and BF to come along - they're not cruisers, but would partake for a TK cruise.

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just returned from the Kenny Chesney cruise- wow what a great time! On ship entertainment we had Chris Cagle, Little Big Town, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, Blue County and Catherine Britt. On the "secret island" we had Dierks Bentley and of course Kenny Chesney. But what was a pleasant surprise was a group of songwriters from Nashville. All have written famous songs for all the famous country western stars. They all just jammed on stage for 3 hours+- individually each songwriter would give the history of the song and who sang it then they would sing it as well. It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again!

Jean

Old March 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeancmo
It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again! Jean
I will be watching the boards to see if they do this again next year. This would definitely be my ideal cruise!

Vicki

Old March 19th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Oh for a real Country Cruise

If we could find a cruise as described above my DW and I would be on it in a flash. Our local CW station promotes a cruise every year. One of the 3 day to Ensenada on the big C. What a joke for those who came to enjoy country music and dance. They did have a couple of cocktail parties with a B grade act, but there was no place to dance or listen to CW the rest of the time.

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yep the Chesney cruise was a blast and done right...Loved the Chesney tunes over the PA...Non stop party with tons of great people...

Old April 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

There is a large group of us here in RI that would sign up for a country cruise - especially if Toby Keith were onboard!!

Old May 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeancmo
Just returned from the Kenny Chesney cruise- wow what a great time! On ship entertainment we had Chris Cagle, Little Big Town, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, Blue County and Catherine Britt. On the "secret island" we had Dierks Bentley and of course Kenny Chesney. But what was a pleasant surprise was a group of songwriters from Nashville. All have written famous songs for all the famous country western stars. They all just jammed on stage for 3 hours+- individually each songwriter would give the history of the song and who sang it then they would sing it as well. It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again!

Jean
Hi all. I was just flicking through these boards & came across this thread. I remember hearing about the KC cruise a while ago but couldn't remember when it was. It must have been FANTASTIC. I love country music but unfortunately it's not that big here in Australia. Would love to know what you thought of Catherine Britt.

Karen

Good friends are worth more than money in the bank - that's what I always say

*SS Australis-Sydney to Southampton-28th July -31st August 1975
*Tss Fairstar-Coral Sea Cruise-6th September-22nd September 1986
*Pacific Sun-N611-2nd April-13th April 2006
*Pacific Dawn-W735-9th November-23rd November 2007
*Pacific Dawn-W909-20th March-6th April 2009
*Pacific Dawn-W929-21st Oct-31st Oct 2009
*Pacific Jewel-J029-22nd Sept-30th Sept 2010
*Pacific Jewel-J030-30th Sept-10th Oct 2010
*Rhapsody Of The Seas-3rd Feb-6th Feb 2012
*Pacific Sun-N211-17th Mar-19th Mar 2012
*Pacific Pearl-P225-20th-23rd July 2012
*Pacific Pearl-P233-5th-8th Oct 2012
*Pacific Pearl-P324-8th-17th July 2013
*Voyager Of The Seas-10th-13th January 2014
*Celebrity Solstice-17th-20th January 2014

Old May 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmac
Hi all. I was just flicking through these boards & came across this thread. I remember hearing about the KC cruise a while ago but couldn't remember when it was. It must have been FANTASTIC. I love country music but unfortunately it's not that big here in Australia. Would love to know what you thought of Catherine Britt.

Karen

I enjoyed Catherine Britt- really like her new song Swinging Doors. She may have just a little bit too much "hillybilly" in her voice to be big here in the states but I may be wrong. Her fiddle/violin player Kaitlyn was FANTASTIC!! WOW! never seen anyone that can play like her!!!

Jean

Old May 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

a cruise AND a toby keith concert ? wouldnt that be awesome

Old May 21st, 2006, 07:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Country Cruise

There is a big Country Music Cruise planned for Feb. 25 out of Fort Lauderdale on the Costa Mediterranea. Last year rocked! Neal McCoy, Craig Morgan, Jamie O'Neal and Erika Jo. This year, 2007, the cruise has another good country music line-up- Collin Raye, Bellamy Brothers, Mel Tillis, Scooter Lee, Peter Myles, and Rick Henry.

Plus, Country Dance lessons and nightly country dance parties, country karoake, country trivia, and more.

Many of us have turned this in to an annual event. It's done right! The artists stay on the ship and mix and mingle with everyone. Plus, a question and anwer session, where you can ask the stars questions and a meet and greet session, where you can take pictures with the stars.

I don't think a big star like Toby would ever be featured on a cruise. Most A level stars are too expensive, and need to play arenas with thousands of people to pay their hefty fee. Plus, many of the "super" stars don't want to be stuck on a boat with fans for a week. It's unfortunate, but true.

Who is the coolest star you ever met on a cruise?

Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

THis sounds fantastic. Do you need to part of a special group to have all of the amenities you listed Country Kevin or could you just sign up for this through any TA?

Bermuda 7/00; Spirit of America -Hawaii 8/01;
Maasdam- E Carib 4/03; Adventure of the Seas- S Carib 11/01/03; Century-W. Carib 7/03/04;
Mariner of the Seas 6/26/05; Coral Princess-Alaska 7/17/06; Caribbean Princess-E. Carib 12/23/07; Carnival Valor 11/29/09; MSC Poesia 1/30/11; Carnival Miracle 12/4/11: Carnival Paradise 5/19/12; Carnival Ecstasy 6/18/12; Carnival Destiny 1/7/13; RC JOS 1/24/13; 11/16/13 Carnival Dream, 12/7/13 RC Brilliance OTS; 1/26/14 Carnival Legend

Old June 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Oh....was reading another theme thread for "couples cruising" and they talked about a clothing optional cruise on the costa mediterranea for Feb 26. This isn't the same sailing as the country cruise is it???

Bermuda 7/00; Spirit of America -Hawaii 8/01;
Maasdam- E Carib 4/03; Adventure of the Seas- S Carib 11/01/03; Century-W. Carib 7/03/04;
Mariner of the Seas 6/26/05; Coral Princess-Alaska 7/17/06; Caribbean Princess-E. Carib 12/23/07; Carnival Valor 11/29/09; MSC Poesia 1/30/11; Carnival Miracle 12/4/11: Carnival Paradise 5/19/12; Carnival Ecstasy 6/18/12; Carnival Destiny 1/7/13; RC JOS 1/24/13; 11/16/13 Carnival Dream, 12/7/13 RC Brilliance OTS; 1/26/14 Carnival Legend

Old June 10th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

I want to know more please.... is the country dancing for couples or is there line dancing involved also. Please - you definitely got my interest.

Karen

Old July 5th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Looking for Kenny Chesney info

Hello- just joined CC, and looking through boards came across this "theme". I am a Chesney fan, so am looking for any info regarding Kenny. I was told on another board that this was the place to look, but I can't find much info. I am especially interested in a tour someone told me about when the boat is in St Thomas. Does anyone know of a tour with a company called Interlinesail that takes you swimming and snorkeling on St John at Cinnamon Bay? If you do, can you send me the website or any info you have?

Old July 21st, 2006, 10:45 AM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanskier
Hello- just joined CC, and looking through boards came across this "theme". I am a Chesney fan, so am looking for any info regarding Kenny. I was told on another board that this was the place to look, but I can't find much info. I am especially interested in a tour someone told me about when the boat is in St Thomas. Does anyone know of a tour with a company called Interlinesail that takes you swimming and snorkeling on St John at Cinnamon Bay? If you do, can you send me the website or any info you have?
You may want to go to the "Ports" St Thomas/St John section of this board and ask there as well.

Found many favorable reports including this one:

Daysail - Interlinesail out of St. Thomas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone has been so helpful to us on these boards, I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful time we had on Interlinesail's sailboat "Slo Dancin" recently on our cruise to St. Thomas on 5/17 (off the Carnival Glory).

My DH and I had never been on a sailboat, so this was a new experience for us and it was one of the greatest times we've ever had! We took a open air taxi to Red Hook where we were met promptly by Captain Omar, who took us out to the sailboat on his dinghy, where we are also welcomed aboard by Jan, (his wife & first mate) and served rum punches (which flowed as much as we wanted the entire trip). They made us feel right at home and were so friendly. We sailed to St. John, and along the way Jan pointed out to us the island that Johnny Depp (sp?) had just bought and also told us some of the history and various stories of the area.

Our first stop was Honeymoon beach at Caneel Bay. Captain Omar took us to the beach where we snorkled, sunbathed and walked along the most beautiful beach we'd ever seen (with hardly a soul in sight)!! He left us a horn if we wanted to come back before the 90 minutes were up (Jan was preparing lunch on the boat) - we didn't go back early! After Capt. Omar picked us up we returned to the most delicious gourmet lunch you could ask for, served under the boat's awning still viewing that gorgeous beach.

On the way to our second stop we saw a large swimming iguana and some of the island's wild donkey's. We saw a group of 5 donkey's walking among the guests at the Caneel Bay Resort, foraging for food. We also saw many beautiful fish and turtles. Unfortunately, the rain prevented us from snorkling at the second stop, but hey, what can you do about the weather? Jan was very hospitable, and gave us raincoats (and more rum punches ).

All in all, this trip was something we will remember for the rest of our lives. Jan & Omar are so very friendly, and even helped us get a cab back to the ship and told us to ask the driver to go another way back that was more scenic than the first way.

We are now planning a cruise with a stop in St. Thomas for next year, and are already talking about booking their sailboat for a day! If anyone has questions, please let me know & I'll try to answer. Their website is www.interlinesail.com.

COMPLETES THE FLEET

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
22 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale) ONLY Double Milestone under the age of 21 in the world.....woo hoo!!
Showing the world what a kid with Autism can do!!!
25 year old son... finally DIAMOND (college got in the way). About to "cruise more than all of us under the water" as a. Naval Officer.

Holiday Ship On A Stick with a MARBLE base...

Last edited by LHP; July 21st, 2006 at 10:48 AM.

Old August 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Country Kevin,

Can you tell me where we can get more info about the "Feb. 25 country cruise" out of Fort Lauderdale??

Thanks!

Norwegian Star - Hawaii March 2003
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06-Western Caribbean

Pirate Name: Dread Pirate vane

Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just heard on the local Tampa country station that Tim McGraw will be on a Country Music Cruise 3-night Carnival out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have any info?

Love2travel, here is a link I found for the cruise Country Kevin mentioned.

http://www.countrymusictravel.com/www/id66.html

Last edited by bigscrb15; August 22nd, 2006 at 09:26 AM.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscrb15
Just heard on the local Tampa country station that Tim McGraw will be on a Country Music Cruise 3-night Carnival out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have any info?
Carnival Liberty Jan 28, 2007
some info on this cruise and another 3 day to follow on Jan 31 (with Brooks and Dunn, I think) on this thread from the Carnival board (if it hasn't been moved or deleted):
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=401671

Old August 30th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Country cruises Coming

Hey guys, Tim McGraw is coming in Jan 2007 aboard Carnival's new ship. Being done by the same people who did Kenny Chesney. I also heard inside info Brooks & Dunn will be announced soon too.