Posted April 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
We feel this was our best vacation ever despite the noise from the pool equipment room above room 9227 (avoid this room!!) that woke us up several times a night and left me very sleep deprived for the first half of the cruise until we were finally moved. Met some awesome people! Had a blast in the ports. Danced almost everynight.
- Best dinner we had: Le Bistro for fillet mignon and best desert was the chocolate fondue in Le Bistro.
- try the cold fruit soups when offered as appetizers - they are just like having a fruit smoothie - delicious!!
- generally a nice selection everywhere. Be sure to check out all sections of the Garden Buffet. You might not realize that one side has a vegetarian section with a nice selection of flavourful dishes. They also have the New york deli section with different items too. Also, in the garden buffet, one section may not have an omelet station, but the next section will.
- pretty good mix of music in The Spinnaker - Modal Magic is a great band.
- Jumari and Gabrielle sang in Dazzles several times - very good, excellent singing and great to dance to also. Not sure if they are regular entertainers on the Dawn though.
- They don't always offer what it says in the daily , e.g. one night in Dazzles it was supposed to be Motown at midnight, but got there and they said R+B, at the request of our group they played 3 Motown songs only.
- it really depends on your taste what you will like.
Our favourite was Roatan. Loved them all though, they really made the cruise as great as it was. Again, it depends on what you are into.
- We always bring ear plugs
, but even these did not help in room 9227, but are good when in normal noise environments and worked well in our second room.
- a night light
is helpful in the bathroom if someone in your party tends to wake up in the middle of the night to use the facilities - you can see well enough and don't have to turn on the bright bathroom light. The switch to the bathroom lights is outside of the bathroom, therefore, you can't avoid shining the light in their eyes and possibly waking them up when you turn it on.
- can't buy alcohol-to-go in Cozumel after 3 pm on Sundays. We didn't find this out until 3:30 pm when we were in line at the local grocery store with a basket full of liquid support.
- cheapest and best quality t- shirts in Cozumel were actually on the tender boat! $5 each. Sign says $5 each, but when you go to buy they say, oh it is $5 for kids shirts and $7 for adults, but if you walk away, then they say OK, $5 for adults. We only got one, wish now we bought more. Probably could get a better deal when you buy more. In some places in Cozumel they advertise 3 for $9, we checked them out, but you get what you pay for - The quality was much lower, but "THATS OK"! Depends on what or who
you want them for.
- the Murder Mystery dinner
was a hoot!! So much fun!!
Thats all for now - still feel like I am on the ship and swaying from side to side. I wasn't sick at all on the ship as I took ginger pills regulary, but after 10 hours on land yesterday, I was nauseated and sick as could be last night. Darn house would not stop rocking!
I had to take a ginger pill again!!
Cheers and have fun!!
Hello to all the cruisin fools!