Martha Stewart as Godmother of the Crown Princess??

bdwyer

Imagine my surprise - I'm looking at the new Martha Stewart Weddings magazine tonight and splayed across the upper right hand corner of the Princess Cruises ad is a red stripe that declares "Princess Cruises is pleased to announce Martha Stewart as the Godmother of Crown Princess, christening the ship in New York, June 2006." Hmmmm....had anyone else heard about this?

Imagine my surprise - I'm looking at the new Martha Stewart Weddings magazine tonight and splayed across the upper right hand corner of the Princess Cruises ad is a red stripe that declares "Princess Cruises is pleased to announce Martha Stewart as the Godmother of Crown Princess, christening the ship in New York, June 2006." Hmmmm....had anyone else heard about this?
--------------------So she can get pass the security gate with that GPS shackel on her ankle!!!LOL LOL ;)

You know what this means, don't you? Frilly dust ruffles everywhere, a bezillion pillows of various sizes on the bed (none useful for actual sleeping), and toilet seat covers so the lid won't stay up. Guys, we've got to nip this in the bud!:)

But the desserts will be fabulous!

You're darn right it's a good thing!...someone that has been gone thru what she went thru and still is so resiliant speaks volumes....you go girl...Martha! Crowning of the Crown by Queen Martha:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Martha Stewart - - - YUCK!

Why would Princess choose a criminal to be the godmother of a ship?

I agree with the OP who said, BAD CHOICE. It is not "a good thing".

I think we should send protest letters and e-mails to Princess headquarters.

Please save a tree and send an email to Princess!...but my IMO is that there way more pressing things to complain about like that "driveway sealer" they call Coffee!...better still "boycott" the Crown and that way prices will drop even further if bookings are lower and we all WIN!...cheap cruising!

Tony

I agree with Tony. While Martha is not my favorite person and I'm not a fan of hers, she has accomplished a lot and handled her problems with the law with grace, unlike many politicians and others who shall remain nameless.

I am not a big Martha fan either. But now that most of you seem to have a problem with her being a Godmother to a Ship:rolleyes: you need to have a solution. Who would you recommend. Remember why you think it is wrong to have Martha. The same "rules" will apply.

Who hasn't been busted for something these days.:D

Maybe they can have the chef from the Golden come over for the christening and she can give him some cooking lessons. You should have seen his Fettucini Alfredo. Noodles swimming in a white alfredo sauce.:(

And we all know how delish it is supposed to be:)

Please save a tree and send an email to Princess!...but my IMO is that there way more pressing things to complain about like that "driveway sealer" they call Coffee!...better still "boycott" the Crown and that way prices will drop even further if bookings are lower and we all WIN!...cheap cruising!

Tony

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST COFFEE!!!! I don't really care who is the "queen" of the crown....it means nothing to me but the coffee, now that is important stuff! Please lets boycott the crown for any reason if it will make them change that "driveway sealer" they call coffee....Thanks T&J maybe we can get somewhere with Princess on this one...I've been trying for couple of years now!:rolleyes:

A convicted felon, being granted this honor? My e-mail is on the way to Princess.

What next, Ken Lay Master of the Fleet? Jeff Skilling Head Pursuer? O.J. Simpson Head of Security?

Mine TOO!!:mad:

ICK - I'm cancelling my cruise! :D :D :D j/k, but those of you who say, well, everyone is convicted of something??? C'mon!!!!!! There are plenty of wonderful women out there who are excellent role models and have been neither accused of nor convicted of ANY crime. Sheesh.

I'm glad someone else can recognize that a common criminal is not "godmother" material. She did wrong, and by the grace of her wealth, got off easy. That does not make her any less a criminal.

I once had respect for her and her accomplishments. No More. She does not deserve any respect. Just because she gets out after a few months in jail and a few months on house arrest, she is not and never will be anything less than a criminal.

Those of you who are suckered in by her - I feel sorry for you that you can't recognize her for what she is. A rich criminal, who, because of her wealth and power, is reinventing herself.

I too e-mailed Princess. Hopefully more who see this choice as godmother as inappropriate will do the same.

Burn me if you wish, Martha supporters. The woman is a criminal. Let's not go soft on crime.

Yap keep floading that server at Princess with Ditch Martha emails ...soon enough the Crown Princess will be on a flash promotion because no one wants to sail her!...yippee cheapy cheap cruising here we come!

Tony

I know alot of people who have not been "busted" for any reason, myself included. I do think it wrong to bestow this honor on a convicted felon. Yes, she has paid for her crime, but there are many people out there who have never commited a crime in the first place, who would love to have the honor.

I am not a big Martha fan either. But now that most of you seem to have a problem with her being a Godmother to a Ship:rolleyes: you need to have a solution. Who would you recommend. Remember why you think it is wrong to have Martha. The same "rules" will apply.

Who hasn't been busted for something these days.:D

Maybe they can have the chef from the Golden come over for the christening and she can give him some cooking lessons. You should have seen his Fettucini Alfredo. Noodles swimming in a white alfredo sauce.:(

And we all know how delish it is supposed to be:)

Archived