Worst Cabins ?

dmk

We've had a lot of threads on this board listing cabins with extra large balconies on Celebrity. Maybe it is time to start a thread listing cabins with smaller than regular cabins and obstruted views etc.

That way we can avoid the diappointment of booking one.

AVOID Celebrity Suite 9096 on the Summit (do not know if it is the same on all of that class ships) has a major noise issue all night over the bedroom. Do not book this cabin. No one knows what is causing it, as there is nothing above that is open at night. However, the suite on either side of us did not have this issue. Perhaps it is harmonics, but it is so bad you will not be able to sleep.

I started to make a list: Here is what I found so far, and please correct me if I am in error: (M class)

8108 8102, 9100 9094 7136 7142 extra small balconies

8100 ?

9096 Noise from above

any additions?

We recently had Celebrity Suite 9096 on Constellation.

I would agree that it is noisy - strange noises - lots of creeking and the odd bang!!

It didn't bother us too much but I guess if you were a light sleeper it might.

Apart from that it is a great room!

Julie Jean

I just read on another post that cabins 8043 and 8041 both had obstructed views due to the window washing platform being parked there. This was on the Infinity.

One of the most annoying issues could be from doors opening and closing by the crew, going to their stairway and elevator. We had this problem on the QM2.

Does anyone know which cabins would be affected by this?

Just the fact that it is on the Galaxy!!

Never been on any celebrity cruise before, but have been on Princess, RCI, Carnaval and Holland America. We found all the lines to be great except for Carnaval which was more like a frat party than a cruise.

Looking at Greek Isle cruises Princess has a 12 day itinerary that is over a $1000 more ($2300 for an inside Vs $1,299 for the Galaxy) when compared to the 14 day Exotic Med and Black Sea. I have read on these boards that while celebrity may not be the best cruise line, it's comparable to Princess and RCI...Would you say that it is not the case...I really don't care about a foggy window in some bar, or that some carpet may be a little worn. I would be concerned if the food was terrible, or the stateroom infested with roaches...Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

Never been on any celebrity cruise before, but have been on Princess, RCI, Carnaval and Holland America. We found all the lines to be great except for Carnaval which was more like a frat party than a cruise.

Looking at Greek Isle cruises Princess has a 12 day itinerary that is over a $1000 more ($2300 for an inside Vs $1,299 for the Galaxy) when compared to the 14 day Exotic Med and Black Sea. I have read on these boards that while celebrity may not be the best cruise line, it's comparable to Princess and RCI...Would you say that it is not the case...I really don't care about a foggy window in some bar, or that some carpet may be a little worn. I would be concerned if the food was terrible, or the stateroom infested with roaches...Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

Worst cabin:confused: ??

Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

Without regard for any other aspect of the cruise but the cabin I think you have made a mistake. Specifically Galaxy's mattresses are very old and extremely uncomfortable and should have been replaced some time ago. You can read thru other threads where almost all of the people talk about having to request that egg crates be added etc.. If they replace them with new it could change things.

With respect to other comparisons other than the cabin apparently DMK started this thread and would like it to pertain to the cabins only. Check Oceania's threads and other Galaxy threads.

I keep a record of my personal observations and all posts on the CC message boards regarding good or bad cabin experiences for the Celebrity M Class ships. Here are my bad boys. Unless otherwise noted the problem was usually noise and of course others would differ with me, but here goes:

Anything immediately under the pool grill area

Aft cabins on the Sky Deck (unless you like being observed by patrons using the cocktail bar above you)

8108 - There's a picture of the miniscule balcony somewhere on CC

8039 - Obstructed view from window washing device

8041 - Same

8043 - Same

9173 and possibly other cabins nearby - Horrible noise from cafe setup in the wee hours of the morning

7163 - Absolutely no privacy on this deck, completely visable from balconies above

7161 - Same

7159 - Same

9185 - Obstructed View from window washing device

9189 - Same

9193 - Same

Any balcony cabin midships on deck 6 - Amazing view of the lifeboats.

We had a cabin over the lifeboat used as the tender on this deck. It was terrible. When they lowered it for launch in tendered ports it was loud in the early am. When they didn't use it they cleaned it (also loud) and you'd better not open your curtains unless you are fully dressed.

C'est tout. I'm personally backing off of Celebrity for awhile. Posts here to the boards have me worried about my once favorite cruise line. :eek:

We recently had Celebrity Suite 9096 on Constellation.

I would agree that it is noisy - strange noises - lots of creeking and the odd bang!!

It didn't bother us too much but I guess if you were a light sleeper it might.

Apart from that it is a great room!

Julie Jean

Yes, it is a noisy cabin. Also banging, almost like a hammer in the living room........my DH thinks it is a pipe of time kind.

Has anyone considered the supernatural (ghost) in this cabin? You frequently hear about certain hotel rooms with a ghost, why not a ship cabin?

To be honest........You Bet! I ask if anyone had died in there? Just the room steward said that no one could understand where the noise was coming from, and he had been there 7 or 8 months.

It is a real mystery especially since the sky suite next to us, and the celebrity suite on the other side heard nothing the whole two weeks.:confused:

I started to make a list: Here is what I found so far, and please correct me if I am in error: (M class)

8108 8102, 9100 9094 7136 7142 extra small balconies

8100 ?

9096 Noise from above

any additions?

Yes, avoid 8102, which has a wedge-shaped balcony about 22 sf, rather than the standard CC of 42.

I've been on two cruises now where my cabins were across from service doors, and I must be the world's heaviest sleeper because I never heard a thing! I think being next to a service door must be worse than being across from one.

Avoid 9068. It is conceirge class, not classified as partial obstruction, but the painters rig is set up out side it, so even 9070,too, and also more so.. the cabin that is directly below, too. Better yet, avoid the Summit all together.This painters seat would not be moved when we complained.

We are in 1219 on the Galaxy for our Oct 2007 cruise....Any problems anyone is aware of for this inside stateroom?

Dont know about 1219 but we were in 1216 last November and had no problems, its a good location

cabin.JPG

Our group of five couples just booked the Constellation for a June 2007 sailing in the Baltic. We are in cabins 6007 thru 6015. Anyone have any information about the location of these cabins. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Archived