Right Beer Glass Wrong Ship

Halcruzer

Hello all,

I am new here. Well I have been reading for a long time, but this fourm caught my eye. I was sailing on the old Westerdam now with Costa and was at the Ocean Bar:D when I saw something strange. There was a beer glass on the back bar and I ask Don the bartender if I could look at it. He handed it to me and to my suprise it had the name MS Westerdam, the HAL logo and a nice picture of the MS Niew Amsterdem, all in blue. I said to Don "That's the wrong ship". Don said "I know and look at this", he opened the cabinet door and there was 2 cases of the beer glasses in there. One not ever opened. "Can't use them, wrong ship" he said. I said " can I buy one"? He went and talked to the bar manager and came back. He said "yes you can" and smiled. I said "how much"? He smiled and said "you name it". I looked at him and said 25 cents. He said OK!!:eek: I bought the unopened case and have them in my home today. So there you have it. Right time right place.

Richard

Hello all,

I am new here. Well I have been reading for a long time, but this fourm caught my eye. I was sailing on the old Westerdam now with Costa and was at the Ocean Bar:D when I saw something strange. There was a beer glass on the back bar and I ask Don the bartender if I could look at it. He handed it to me and to my suprise it had the name MS Westerdam, the HAL logo and a nice picture of the MS Niew Amsterdem, all in blue. I said to Don "That's the wrong ship". Don said "I know and look at this", he opened the cabinet door and there was 2 cases of the beer glasses in there. One not ever opened. "Can't use them, wrong ship" he said. I said " can I buy one"? He went and talked to the bar manager and came back. He said "yes you can" and smiled. I said "how much"? He smiled and said "you name it". I looked at him and said 25 cents. He said OK!!:eek: I bought the unopened case and have them in my home today. So there you have it. Right time right place.

Richard

OOOOOOOOOOO, I am so jealous! I have several ashtrays from Carnival's early ships, Mardi Gras, Carnivale, Festivale (no I didn't steal them..they would just give them to you if you asked for one - can you imagine?). Also from NCL Southward and the mighty lady herself the SS Norway.

A couple of champagne glasses from the Golden Princess (I was on the inaugural) with the Sea Witch etched on them. Ditto, from Regency Cruise lines....

I love to collect this stuff....

seamama1

I also collect ashtrays from the ships. To date I have 112 from different ships. Some very old. It's getting very hard to find them in this age of cruising. Most have been gifts but not all.:rolleyes:

Richard

• 8 months later...

Archived