Dessert questions

Glittercat

Do you eat dessert every night on board a ship?

Just occasionaly?

Not at all?

What was your least favorite?

What was your favorite?

Are portions generally small and decadent, or large and forgettable? Can you request fruit for dessert? Do you order dessert at the same time as the rest of your food, or after your entree has been eaten?

LOL! Sorry for the goofy questions, I had not considered dessert when wondering about food quality and such on a cruise. *blush* The "cheesecake" tthread started it. ;)

~Rebecca

Do you eat dessert every night on board a ship?

Just occasionaly?

Not at all?

What was your least favorite?

What was your favorite?

Are portions generally small and decadent, or large and forgettable? Can you request fruit for dessert? Do you order dessert at the same time as the rest of your food, or after your entree has been eaten?

LOL! Sorry for the goofy questions, I had not considered dessert when wondering about food quality and such on a cruise. *blush* The "cheesecake" tthread started it. ;)

~Rebecca

yes we eat dessert of some sorts everynight... but we may eat it later not necessarily at meal time....their portions are small...NCL has the best cheesecake but not as good as what you would make at home from scratch but much better than CCL........fruit is always available even if it is not on the menu they will gladly get it for you as it is available about all the time at the buffet....try and not worry so much about all the little details ...there is plenty of good food and tons of varieties......

I don’t have dessert every night on a cruise but about half of them. (I never have dessert at home.) I always partake in any flavor soufflé they are offering - let's face it you can't get a soufflé at most restaurants. Other than that I will pretty much skip it unless there is something totally new and different to try. Oh, and on baked Alaska night I will have one bite with strawberry ice cream and meringue - I love the taste of toasted meringue.

Rebecca, not knowing which line you're interested in.....

Carnival, for instance, has fairly good desserts and they are ordered after your meal. I sometimes choose one of the French pastries or Flan, but I often skip dessert and have a cappuccino instead. If I order a dessert, I have an espresso. (Both are complimentary at all meals in the dining room on Carnival ships - Unfortunately, there is a charge on RCI.)

Fruit is always available.

Well your answers are appreciated. :) As I am still really new here, I found the boards AFTER I had booked our cruise. lol. As there have been many not so favorable reviews of our ship (NCL's Pride of Aloha), I am keeping myself upbeat by thinking of the experiences unique to being on a cruise. Such as dressing up, menu choices, etc. So, dessert is fun (if somewhat goofy ;) ) to think about. We don't eat them often, but when we do we prefer small portions and interesting ingredients. :) Have a great day!

~Rebecca

Archived