Bringing liquor on board

rebsar

Not sure how you figure that one. We bring a few small plastic spill proof jugs with the pour spouts (walmart) and fill with select high end stuff we like like vodka or rum for those in the room balcony parties. My tab with the ship, welll above $1k for other incidentals is high enough so I don't get the smugglers blues.

All the best

Christmas on the Caribbean Princess begins in...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;18;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Princess sells 1 liter bottles of vodka and rum for cheaper than what you'll pay for the same brand at home. If you don't beleive me go to their web site and look at the price list.

I don't know of anywhere in the states that you are going to pick up 1 liter of Absolute for much less than $22.

You can preorder it, call room service or pick it up at one of the lobby bars.

Scott

Ahracer,

I was going to pre-order our vodka at $22. a liter - thought that was very fair.

But then I found out that if I wait and order it from room service, a liter is only $20.00.

Even better!

That's for Absolut, Grey Goose is only $10.00 more, also very fair.

I agree with you, why bother schlepping?

Jane

I too thought the liquor prices were quite fair so I ordered some champagne and various other bottles to have waiting when we board. I plan on packing some Bloody Mary mix and other mixers in our checked luggage. Just to test and see how good Princess really is I attached a note to my fax order requesting various bar setups like limes, etc along with the order...we'll see how that goes.

I'm still a bit disappointed that they do not offere a more comprehensive selection of beer on the ships but have decided to upgrade my libation selection on this cruise....maybe that's what they have in mind in a subtle way.

I'll look better in my tux with a cocktail than a beer bottle anyway

See how adaptable I am?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

I know I’ve read on these boards you can buy beer (duty) on board to take back to your cabin. Is there a place on the Princess web site that lists types and prices? I’ve found the wine and liquor, just didn’t see any beer.

BTW Chris… A pint of Guinness would make even the cheapest tux look fabulous!!!

Z (A stout drinkin’ fool)

I looked at the princess web site that was posted and it did not show where you could order liquor. It just stated that they would "hold" it for you until the end of the cruise. Can you let me know where you found the price list and order form? We leave in 2 days.

Archived