Carnival Hiring PVPs

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:26 PM.
#1
Perry, FL
241 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Did anyone else get an e-mail about Carnival hiring new PVPs? It said this:

Carnival Cruise Lines………NOW HIRING!!!
Personal Vacation Planner

If you or anyone you know is interested in working for “The Most Popular Cruise Line in the World,” you are in luck. Carnival Cruise Lines is currently hiring Personal Vacation Planners to assist our guests in planning their next cruise…Earn from $40,000 to 90,000 in your first year…Sales experience not required but a positive attitude and good work ethics are!!!


EARNING POTENTIAL: $40,K ++
Lucrative Commission Plan, + Base Salary +, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including full health coverage, 401 (k), stock purchase plan, cruise benefits and 20 paid days off each year.


Training Class (4 weeks) Begins: 05/03/04 and 05/17/04
Work hours: Monday-Thursday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and
Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in our Miramar location


Fax resume to (305) 406-6482 or E-mail [email protected]
or
Contact: Ray Gladney 1-800-819-3902 Ext: 82917
3400 Lakeside Dr. 3 rd floor

Miramar, FL 33027

www.carnival.com
#3
Delta, Ohio
221 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
I'm not certain, but when my daughter asked about shipboard employment in the kids club, one of the staff members there told her that their families can cruise for 30 bucks on a space available basis. Maybe PVPs get the same deal

-------
Big Red Boat 8/97 (hey I won it, it was free!)
Sovereign of the Seas 1998
Enchantment of the Seas 1998
Carnival Sensation 11/2000
12/2001 Carnival Triumph
11/16/2002 Carnival Pride

3/13/2004-- CC SPRING BREAK CRUISE-- TRIUMPH
#4
boynton beach, fla, usa
4,275 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Damn damn damn...If I didn't have 6 years to go for 30 years with my current job, I'd be the first one on line....

And Miramar is only an hour away from me...it would be worth the trip!!

#5
Sarasota, Florida
1,923 Posts
Joined May 2000
WOW........My dream job.
I'm always helping friends and family plan vacations.
They are always saying I should be a travel agent.
#6
Margate, FL
586 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Hey you guys, just sent off Hubby's resume and cover letter. We live about 1/2 hour away and he's just laid off a 20 year long job. Really bites. Anyway, wish us luck - he really, really, really wants this job!

Deb in South Florida
Carnival Valor 01/23/05

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04
Golden Princess 01/25/03
Voyager of the Seas 12/01
Majesty of the Seas 11/00
Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99
Carnival's Paradise 11/98
NCL Westward 9/93
MS Dolphin 9/92
Sky Princess 4/91
Regent Sun 4/90
#8
Margate, FL
586 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Thanks Colette! I'll keep y'all posted. It really is a perfect fit. He's such a people person.

Deb in South Florida
Carnival Valor 01/23/05

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04
Golden Princess 01/25/03
Voyager of the Seas 12/01
Majesty of the Seas 11/00
Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99
Carnival's Paradise 11/98
NCL Westward 9/93
MS Dolphin 9/92
Sky Princess 4/91
Regent Sun 4/90
#9
Simpsonville, South Carolina
8,853 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Sure wish I lived in Florida. This would be the perfect job for me.
SoFloDeb - Good luck to your husband. Please keep us posted.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England
RCI - Mariner of the Seas,
Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005
RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005
Celebrity Mercury, April 2005
#10
Plano, Texas
43 Posts
Joined Jan 2003

Boy I wished I lived there as that would be a great job. I do know from a Carnival kiosk in the mall by my apartment that full time people get to sail for free !!!
I could do that in a second. I would actually even enjoy being a social host or gift shop manager, but I know they don't hire a lot of Americans. Oh well I will just settle for my yearly fix.

Days til Miracle Cruise 12/12/04




Conquest December 7, 2002
Glory December 13, 2003
Miracle December 12, 2004
#11
Merritt Island, Fl, USA
746 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
I recieved that also in e mail wish i needed a job sounds like fun...... I think they sent it out to florida customers....
#12
2,036 Posts
Joined May 2001
"A six-day, 48-hour workweek on the phone behind a desk doesn't necessarily mean a paycheck padded with overtime. A brewing legal battle over what kind of work deserves overtime pits Miami-based Carnival Cruise Line and a group of former employees who say they're owed thousands of dollars. Carnival says the employees, who worked as personal vacation planners, are exempt by law from time and a half pay because the bulk of their earnings come from high commissions earned on the ......"

source: Miami Herald June 16, 2005, page 3C
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
326 Princess [email protected] More than a year @Sea by this time next year.
#13
Ontario Canada
1,700 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
The original poster had the trainging dates listed as May 2004....

I wonder if the email parrothead received was a scam, ?

Sure hope not...

#14
n/a Posts
Joined
Originally posted by w0kie
"A six-day, 48-hour workweek on the phone behind a desk doesn't necessarily mean a paycheck padded with overtime. A brewing legal battle over what kind of work deserves overtime pits Miami-based Carnival Cruise Line and a group of former employees who say they're owed thousands of dollars. Carnival says the employees, who worked as personal vacation planners, are exempt by law from time and a half pay because the bulk of their earnings come from high commissions earned on the ......"

source: Miami Herald June 16, 2005, page 3C
Hmmm, seems to me there were discussions on here that the PVP's claimed they didn't get commissions. Anyone else remember that?

Rich, ACC
Carefree Vacations
#15
Moscow , PA
158 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
I am thinking and I may be wrong that PVP's are just a travel agency directly for carnival ...
The same as Sea Miles....is just a travel agency.
I know that for sure...
I dont think either one is actually WORKING for carnival............
#16
1,886 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by gumdrop38
I am thinking and I may be wrong that PVP's are just a travel agency directly for carnival ...
The same as Sea Miles....is just a travel agency.
I know that for sure...
I dont think either one is actually WORKING for carnival............
Carnival's PVP's work in the same building as the rest of the Miami staff from bob Dickinson all the way down. They actually have less experience than most travel agents. They are simply telemarketers.
#17
iowa
626 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by mc'smom
The original poster had the trainging dates listed as May 2004....

I wonder if the email parrothead received was a scam, ?

Sure hope not...

Check date of original post...dated April 2004
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




Legend 10/24/10
Legend 1/25/09
Legend 10/28/07
Inspiration 1/2/06
Miracle 11/7/04



#18
Austin, TX
170 Posts
Joined May 2003
Originally posted by nhrich
Hmmm, seems to me there were discussions on here that the PVP's claimed they didn't get commissions. Anyone else remember that?

Rich, ACC
Carefree Vacations
I don't remember that thread, but my PVP told me last week that she doesn't get commissions, she gets "points" (1 point per booking) and she needs to accumulate a certain number of points before she can be promoted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebration 11/2002
Elation 10/12/03
Conquest 1/08/2006
Ecstasy 12/07/2006
#19
North Carolina
3,483 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Originally posted by ParrotHeadFL
Did anyone else get an e-mail about Carnival hiring new PVPs? It said this:

Carnival Cruise Lines………NOW HIRING!!!
Personal Vacation Planner

If you or anyone you know is interested in working for “The Most Popular Cruise Line in the World,” you are in luck. Carnival Cruise Lines is currently hiring Personal Vacation Planners to assist our guests in planning their next cruise…Earn from $40,000 to 90,000 in your first year…Sales experience not required but a positive attitude and good work ethics are!!!


EARNING POTENTIAL: $40,K ++
Lucrative Commission Plan, + Base Salary +, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including full health coverage, 401 (k), stock purchase plan, cruise benefits and 20 paid days off each year.


Training Class (4 weeks) Begins: 05/03/04 and 05/17/04
Work hours: Monday-Thursday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and
Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in our Miramar location


Fax resume to (305) 406-6482 or E-mail [email protected]
or
Contact: Ray Gladney 1-800-819-3902 Ext: 82917
3400 Lakeside Dr. 3 rd floor

Miramar, FL 33027

www.carnival.com
My hubby applied to CCL and they offered him this job two years ago ... My friend who works as a supervisor of reservations told him its not worth it to come in as a PVP you get paid a low salary and need to work on commission. She said most people leave the position after 3 months. She said its the worst job to have at Carnival.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Betty
#20
Ontario Canada
1,700 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Originally posted by gjules
Check date of original post...dated April 2004
Duh !

Sorry I didn't have my coffee yet at that point !