Any Secret/BEST Cabins On Conquest/Liberty Class?

ciship

I have been looking for a thread like this all morning. Please let me know if one is archived somewhere??

Looking for those cabins on the Conquest Class of ships that few people know about. The ones that have different/odd configurations and layouts....more space.....bigger balconies, etc....

Conquest class doesn't have as many "freak" cabins as the Spirit class, but here is a run-down of some cool cabins.

Category 1A:

Cabins 2462 and 2465: Each of these cabins, though designated "upper/lower" , this is not always the case. This room has two standard ocean view windows (3'X4'). On the Valor and Liberty, there are two twin beds, and to my understanding, on the Conquest and Glory, there is a single bed and a convertable sofa bed.

Category 4C:

Cabins 6287, 6289, 6291, 6293, 6295, 6297, 6299, 6301, 6303, 6305, 6307: These are the interior cabins on the middle hallway of Upper Deck. These cabins are laid out completely different than other interior cabins. These are more square shaped than rectangular. What this design does, is it eliminated the traditional hallway between your bathroom and closet, making for a much more wide open interior room. I have had one of these cabins on the Valor before, and it seemed MUCH larger than any other interior cabin we have had, AND it seemed larger than even the balcony cabins. While it is still 185 sq feet, it is just laid out so much better. Many of these cabins also have adjoining doors, making them some of the only connecting interior rooms on the ship.

Category 8A:

Cabins 6442, 6450, 6473, 6481:

These cabins each have larger balconies (roughly 75 sq ft instead of 35 sq ft). The only catch is that they do NOT have sofas in the rooms.

Category 8B:

Cabins 7434, 7439:

These cabins also have much larger balconies. The interior room space is a bit larger though, and they do have sofas.

Category 11:

Cabin 7228:

This room is modified for a wheelchair, hence it is much larger. MUCH, MUCH larger. If you can luck out and get this room, do it -- it has more interior space, and a larger balcony than a Cat. 12, however, if you do not require a wheel chair, and someone at a latter time does need a room with one, they will bump you out of this room. FYI, the "blank space" in the floor plan next door to this room is actually part of this particular room.

ROOMS TO AVOID:

Category 11:

Cabins 9205, 9206:

These rooms have the same amount of interior space, BUT their balconies are only 35 sq ft -- the same size as a standard balcony cabin's balcony.

Certain Upper Deck cabins:

Be careful that you are not in the rooms directly above the night club or piano bar -- you will have noise in those rooms late at night.

Thank you AU48 for responding. I thought a TON of people would have opinions on this. I really appreciate your efforts in typing this all out and I have printed out for future reference.

Anyone else?????

No problem. I cruise very often, and what I have found for the Conquest class, is that if I go with a balcony, I usually just go with a standard one in a good location -- I usually don't go for those "freak" balconies I told you about. I personally like to be a little forward of midship on this class of ships -- just my personal opinion.

When I go interior, I try to get one of those square rooms on Upper deck that I told you about -- they are great.

Ocean view cabins -- stay midship. The aft cabins on Riviea and Main deck vibrate a TON. Also, avoid the 6B ocean view cabins on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10. They have obstructed views, and no one should willingly choose one of these rooms unless they need a wheelchair modified room.

No problem. I cruise very often, and what I have found for the Conquest class, is that if I go with a balcony, I usually just go with a standard one in a good location -- I usually don't go for those "freak" balconies I told you about. I personally like to be a little forward of midship on this class of ships -- just my personal opinion.

When I go interior, I try to get one of those square rooms on Upper deck that I told you about -- they are great.

Ocean view cabins -- stay midship. The aft cabins on Riviea and Main deck vibrate a TON. Also, avoid the 6B ocean view cabins on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10. They have obstructed views, and no one should willingly choose one of these rooms unless they need a wheelchair modified room.

When we cruised the Conquest, we were on Deck 8 balcony smack dab mid-ship. It was the smoothest cruise I have been on (not that I have been on many). Some days I didnt even know I was on a ship. Amazing! We have since tried FAR forward and corner AFT. I'll go anywhere on a ship as long as it is a balcony and doesnt have any "quirks".

Category 1A:

Cabins 2462 and 2465: Each of these cabins, though designated "upper/lower" , this is not always the case. This room has two standard ocean view windows (3'X4'). On the Valor and Liberty, there are two twin beds, and to my understanding, on the Conquest and Glory, there is a single bed and a convertable sofa bed.

Thanks so much for posting this information!

Any tips on actually finding a cruise with one of the "secret" 1A cabins available? I was looking at the Sept. 07 Liberty sailings and Cabins 2462 and 2465 are already booked.

Thanks again.

we are booked in the connecting cabins for Feb. Do you know if you get a key to lock and unlock the door? Our daughters are in the other cabin. Do you have any pictures of this configuration? I have been looking all over for one. I was a little worried about the configuration, you have relieved the anxiety quite a bit thank you.:D

Keep checking. Originally the Valor had its 2465 booked for the busy president's week cruise but I kept checking and it opened up about 3 weeks ago. After a quick call to the PVP I had it reserved even after he assured me it was not open. He called back in 5 minutes to say trhe cabin was indeed open. I also have reserved it on the LIberty for April 8th and again I simply called and asked if it was open, even though it did not show on all the web sites as open. I prefer 2465 to 2462 on the LIberty because it has a full shower, but less storage. Be persistent.

CCL Liberty 4/07

CCL Valor 2/07

CCL Liberty 7/06 (Med)

CCL Holiday 4/06

CCL Liberty 2/06

CCL Valor 2/05

HAL Zuiderdam 12/04

NCL Wind 4/04

CCL Paradise 2/04

NCL Majesty 2/03

CCL Ecstasy 4/94

CCL Ecstasy 4/91

Emerald Seas 4/78

Emerald Seas 4/76

we are booked in the connecting cabins for Feb. Do you know if you get a key to lock and unlock the door? Our daughters are in the other cabin. Do you have any pictures of this configuration? I have been looking all over for one. I was a little worried about the configuration, you have relieved the anxiety quite a bit thank you.:D

the cabin steward has the key for conencting cabins. Once it is opened the first day-- it stays unlocked- you cant lock it and unlock it all week.

I was in 6305 in the Valor, and it connected with 6303. We had some friends in the cabin next door. Each door has individual locks on it. There is a door in each room, meaning each room has to have their door unlocked and open for the rooms to connect -- much like a hotel's connecting rooms.

I will go thru all my pics from that cruise to see if I have any pictures of that room...

the cabin steward has the key for conencting cabins. Once it is opened the first day-- it stays unlocked- you cant lock it and unlock it all week.

This is the case for connecting balconies; however, it is not the case for physically adjoining staterooms -- on the Conquest class at least.

Thats good to know, Lord knows I dont need another S&S card for that door.

I would be interested in a picture if anyone has one Thanks so much.

I was in 6305 in the Valor, and it connected with 6303. We had some friends in the cabin next door. Each door has individual locks on it. There is a door in each room, meaning each room has to have their door unlocked and open for the rooms to connect -- much like a hotel's connecting rooms.

I will go thru all my pics from that cruise to see if I have any pictures of that room...

The cabin steward will still have to unlock the door. I would hate to think that if that door was accidently left unlocked and the peopl enext door were people I didnt know they could access the cabin.

There is still a lock that needs to be undone by the cabin steward.

I was in cabin 6205 on the Valor last week - an odd shaped cabin - but spacious. Although the cabin is marked as having an obstructed view - it is a large window - the view is quite nice. That being said - the curtains cannot be left open with the lights on as the light is distracting to the bridge, and security wil be sent down.

The deck plans say the beds cannot be pushed together, but they can. There is an open deck at the fron which was never used by anybody - very nice in the morning - but I would not advise going out there at night - very dark.

The cabin is built for wheelchair accessibility - but other than pull cords for emergencies and a pull down seat in the shower it is a standard cabin. The bathroom is larger than in regular cabins, and in fact it is larger than #6203 next door. I truly liked this cabin, and would gladly stay in it again...

I noticed reading through it doesn't mention cabin 6487 as an aft cabin on the Liberty. My TA said it was..can anyone confirm??? I am booked for next spring in the cabin...

Are you askin gif 6487 is an aft cabin???

here is the deckplans for the Liberty- http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plans.aspx?shipCode=LI

yes it is an aft cabin

We are going on the Conquest Oct 8 and we have a 6B room 2284 is this a good location or should we be concerned?

You should be very concerned. That is steerage, and you will be sharing a bathroom with the engine room crew.

Archived