Liquor on the Ships???

RabidDolly

Can you bring liquor on the cruise ship and if so how much do you think i would be allowed to bring on? Should I just buy my liquor on board the ship or bring my own? Is the liquor thats on the ship similar to what we have here in the states? I don't want to have to RESORT to anything other than what were used to. Basically do they have Bud Light Beer and Smirnoff Vodka? You know the common stuff... lol i probably sound really stupid asking these questions. Well anyhoo Happy Cruisin' to all of you.

Thanks in advance.. icon_wink.gif

~~RabidDolly

Carnival Jubilee 6/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You are *technically* not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages with you at embarkation. However this is a rule that is rarely enforced by Carnival, as opposed to some other lines.

Any booze that you buy in port is supposed to be turned in to Security when you reboard, and it will be returned to you on the final night of the cruise.

Any bottles you purchase onboard will be held by the gift shop until the final night of the cruise.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Originally posted by tef43:

You are *technically* not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages with you at embarkation. QUOTE]

Not technically correct. Your are allowed to bring on champagne or other wines. They don't like you to bring beer and hard stuff.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

hey dolly-

officially you can only bring wine and you have to turn that over to ccl for them to serve it to you at dinner... and they do charge you a "corkage fee" for doing that.

they do have a good selection of beer/wine/liquor at the bars on board so you will probably find your favorite.

if you are going to bring your own, like we do, just put it in your suitcase... not your carry-on. i do put the bottle in a big plastic zip-lock bad (just in case it breaks but it never has) and then wrap some clothes around for cushin it. i've heard some people say they also use bubble wrap.

it works out well if you bring a little of your own. makes it real easy to have a drink in the room whenever you want. i don't know how much money we actually save though cause we still get a lot of drinks from ccl.

on a different note. where did that topless thread we had going get to? i can't even find the 2 post i made to it in my record of posts. my record said i have made 12 posts but it only shows 10. the 2 from that thread are missing. very unusual.

LMFAO... Well I checked on the thread yesterday and it was slowly sinking to the next page. That is very unusual to be missing the threads.. I think I'm going to start a new one about it... lol

Thanks guys for the responses and Happy Cruisin' icon_cool.gif

~~RabidDolly

Carnival Jubilee 6/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I've never seen it happen on Carnival, but here's how it works on another line.

If the bottle is detected when x-raying the luggage, the bag is tagged and not delivered to your cabin. You will get a call from the Purser's Office to come to a certain location and claim your luggage. Thye will ask you to open the bag, and the bottle will be confiscated. It will be returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Some cruiselines take this much more seriously than others. Carnival is not one of them.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Posted by Sgtmonz

officially you can only bring wine and you have to turn that over to ccl for them to serve it to you at dinner... and they do charge you a "corkage fee" for doing that.

You do not have to turn it over to CCL you may take it to your cabin to enjoy there without corkage fee or you may take it to the dining room to enjoy there with a corkage fee. I do belive that Sgtmonz has CCL confused with RCCL.

jedgar- i thought ccl charged you the fee no matter where you consumed it... i'll have to remember that... thanks for setting me straight.

dolly- i finally saw the post that you edited. yeah, start it up again... i'll back you up... it was very entertaining... icon_wink.gif

what i wrote you on that thread that you probably didn't get to see was that my girlfriend and i would love to have you guys join us on the funnel deck but we are not on the same ship (fantasy) although we are going at almost the same time (06/17/04). she's wild, crazy totally w/o shame when on vacation... you guys would love her!!! i know i do!!!

Yah meeting you guys would've been really cool ... too bad we couldn't have been on the same ship, it wouldn've been nice to know someone else on the ship to pary with. But I'll just have to get over my shyness and get my butt up to the "Funnel deck" and get naked.. lol icon_biggrin.gif well you know what I mean... topless.

~~Dolly

Carnival Jubilee 6/2004

i know what you mean... i was a little unsure the first time i went topless up there... wait, i'm a guy... what am i talking about...

seriously, my girlfriend just looks at it like this:

1. it's officially accepted there

2. it's supposed to be free of kids

3. there's probably not going to be anyone she knows there (though she really doesn't care)

4. and, well, she's a little bit of a show off

oh, and we would have loved to have hung out and shared our stash with you guys

Archived