Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old September 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Goodclicks,
I usually try to book for at least 14 days or more and that usually means two back to back 7 day cruises. That way I can cut down slightly the effect of the single supplement by more cost-effective flying.
I think I went overboard this fall, since I'm away from home from Oct 13 to Dec 3. Just the logistics of making sure I have pre-paid all bills likely to come during that time is getting a bit tedious. It also means I can't use a credit card during the first few weeks because that bill would arrive before I get back. I will be carrying a lot of travellers checks I guess. I had forgotten how tedious this can be. Although I've done a couple of seven weeks trips in the past, it has been a decade since I last did it.
I've also booked back to back on Victory next february! Have not booked flights yet though, so I can add an extra cruise on the end if I find a good one. The single supplement stops me from adding a Princess cruise - I simply refuse to pay double rate.

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs2000
I'm flying to England Oct 13. Then travelling down to Rome and returning on Carnival's Liberty Nov 3. That's a 16 day returning cruise, well under $100 a day, single occupancy.
Carnival and Royal Caribbean usually have the cheapest solo cabins.

Back in April I also went solo transalantic on Legend of the Seas for about $1000. I tend to book 6 or more months in advance but have often seen last minute solo offerings even more cheaply.
Hey, I will be on that same cruise. I am traveling solo as well. Would love to say hi to you.
Cruzn

Old October 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

4ME2CRUZ: Hi. I had not checked this board in a while - just too busy tidying up all the loose ends. I will be going to the roll call, which I think is at aft pool bar 4 pm first sea day. (I have to go look that up again and make sure.) I will be checking up cruise-critic from some internet cafe in Europe a couple of times before I make it down to Italy. If we don't meet up at the roll call we will probably bump into each other sooner or later. If the weather is bad at sea I can usually be found in the library reading. I am really beginning to get quite excited about the cruise!

Old November 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi again guys. I trust you are safely home and hope that you avoided the dreaded lurgy.

How did you enjoy cruising solo on a voyage with so many sea days?

It's only just over a week until my Armonia cruise to Rio. Getting excited now!