Bringing Own Liquor

tiffiany595

To smuggle or not?  

801 members have voted

1. 1. To smuggle or not?

• No
    • Yes

I didn't really think of bringing my own liquor but after reading so many peoples post saying they did I think it would be a good idea. How do you bring it on. In your carry on or in the luggage that you have delivered to the room? They don't check for bottles? Thanks.

You'll find hundreds of ways if you do a search, but we filled water bottles (so that we weren't packing glass) and put them in the checked luggage. No they don't check - too many people to get through in way too little time. If your bags make it through airport security, then you have no worries with the cruise.

I didn't really think of bringing my own liquor but after reading so many peoples post saying they did I think it would be a good idea. How do you bring it on. In your carry on or in the luggage that you have delivered to the room? They don't check for bottles? Thanks.

You will need to put it in your checked luggage. If you have it in your carry on you will probably have it taken as bringing liquor is against Carnival's rules. A couple of bottles of wine or champagne can be in your carry on as that is allowed as well as an undefined acceptable amount of soda and bottled water. If you pack it in the checked luggage be sure to pad it well and place it in large zip loc type bags to protect your clothing if there is something broken.

We leave it in the original bottles, wrap in newspaper and then in bubblewrap and then roll jeans around it - then pack it in our checked luggage. It made it from New Orleans to Anchorage without a problem and then onto the ship. Then we saved our wrapping for the bottles we bought on the ship (real cheap) to bring home.

So with the new regs on airlines, even though liquids are permitted in checked bags, when they put these thru the xray machines would a bottle inside "red flag" the bag and result in possible delay of bags making a flight? Just wondering.

Should not be a problem, since now all liquids, mostly from toiletries, shampoo etc, have to go in the checked bag with the booze - it is not illegal to carry booze in a checked bag on the airlines.

Guest YesitDonna

Ok has anyone else wondered how the OP read lots of posts about people bringing their own on but didn't see the parts about how to do it? lol :D

In the past I have chastised booze smugglers as cheapos, thieves, and dishonest people with noxious body odors, so I won't comment on this again........................................This time :D

I don't smuggle but if I were to do it to save money, I would wait until we arrived at our first port where the booze is cheapest. Buy it there and smuggle it back on the ship.

This would save the most money and present the greater challenge to smuggle it aboard.

Dan

You can call Carnival and order a bottle to be waiting in your room. No hassle of packing it or worrying about it breaking...and it is perfectly legal!

Yep. And it is perfectly legal if you stick it in your checked luggage too;)

It may be against the rules but it is legal.

Ordering a bar set up is a much better idea. Read the print: Carnival, as well as all other cruise lines say: no liquor is to be brought on board for personal use; am I the only one that believes in obeying the policy? I don't like it, but have given up smuggling. It all those who do smuggle that are shooting up the price of drinks on the ships.

NMNita

...It all those who do smuggle that are shooting up the price of drinks on the ships.

NMNita

I agree. Also, we need to ban all the "Friend's of Bill" from Carnival cruises. Its shameful how they are driving up the price of drinks on the ships.

I don't recall the OP ever asking for opinions on whether it is right or wrong. If you really want to discuss the morality of it, start another thread so that the OP can get the info she's looking for.:)

Exactly!! How's that song go, You do your thing I'll do mine.

Jess

Ordering a bar set up is a much better idea. Read the print: Carnival, as well as all other cruise lines say: no liquor is to be brought on board for personal use; am I the only one that believes in obeying the policy? I don't like it, but have given up smuggling. It all those who do smuggle that are shooting up the price of drinks on the ships.

NMNita

You can order a bottle ahead of time from Carnival, but not setups... you can get mixers from room service or any bar, but there are no setups on Carnival... I wish they had that option.

I agree. Also, we need to ban all the "Friend's of Bill" from Carnival cruises. Its shameful how they are driving up the price of drinks on the ships.

Exactly who and what is this group of people? I hear that all the time on Carnival, and I can't find anything about what kind of group it is.

:confused:

Exactly who and what is this group of people? I hear that all the time on Carnival, and I can't find anything about what kind of group it is.

:confused:

The Friend's of Bill (actually the Friends of Bill W.) are members of Alcoholics Anonymous. Bill W. was Bill Wilson, who along with Dr. Bob Smith started AA in 1935 right here in Akron, Ohio.

what a tacky and insensitive statement. There is a big difference between people who have a problem or a desease or choose not to drink for that matter and people who are choose to think rules are made for others, not themselves.

NMNita

Archived