taking alcohol on board

911teri

I am hearing differing opinions about what is allowed as far as bringing alcohol aboard. One passenger said she brought a rolling ice chest full and tipped her porter to be careful with it. I have also read that you are not allowed to bring any on board when you board. Help??

Oh no icon_wink.gif no one on this board would ever bring alcohol on board icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif if it wasn't allowed. We brought two bottles of "fine" wine which most certainly is allowed. I have heard of people icon_wink.gif who bought gin and vodka in plastic pints icon_wink.gif and put it in their checked luggage, but never anyone on this board. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif I have also heard that they mix it with the free lemonade on the Lido deck. icon_wink.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/17/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/23/04

Mary,

Thanks for the info! Of course no one on this board would ever break the rules, but if a non-cruise-critic cruiser were to show up at the dock with a rolling ice chest w/ soda & a few other varieties of beverage inside, what do you suppose would happen to that cruiser?

I don't think anything would happen to said cruiser, but I would choose to be a little more discrete than using an ice chest to sneak on my contraband. Even as we speak, someone very dear to me has a nice sized suitcase with an 18 pack of beer, four bottles of wine, two bottles of champagne and water bottles filled with Captain Morgan and Parrot Bay rum. Also assorted soft drinks and bottled water, along with a soft-sided collapsible cooler. I'm told that mixing fruit punch, lemondade, and a dash of orange juice with said Captain Morgan rum makes a very nice Mai Tai! I'll let you know when I get back Monday.... er... when this dear person I know gets back Monday!

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

our rolling ice chest only had the diet sodas and the bottled water. We had the liquor in plastic bottles and packed in our luggage that was checked. Spread the bottles out in case one got caught maybe another would get through.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;28;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise with Mom- Early 80th birthday celebration!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;06;10;15;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Since our 5/30/04 sailing on the Pride in aft cabin 4228!

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Ecstasy 09/13/02

I always bring a couple of bottles of Rubbing alcohol on board, didn't know that was a problem. Course if you are resourceful, you can bring almost anything on in your checked luggage except a bomb. Might even be nice to have a drink on your balcony on sailaway. That is always one of my favorite times on a ship, and that drink tastes so good as I am waving goodbye to my Landlubber friends. Have a good Cruise, there are no bad ones unless you allow it to be so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gator Man:

I always bring a couple of bottles of Rubbing alcohol on board, didn't know that was a problem. Course if you are resourceful, you can bring almost anything on in your checked luggage except a bomb. Might even be nice to have a drink on your balcony on sailaway. That is always one of my favorite times on a ship, and that drink tastes so good as I am waving goodbye to my Landlubber friends. Have a good Cruise, there are no bad ones unless you allow it to be so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOHHH MY, Gator Man...

THIS post must have been 'before' the jello shots kicked in, huh????

ROFLMAO!!!

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

911Teri, the "dear person" returned yesterday. I, I mean, this person, actually returned with a great deal of the alcohol he took on board.

By the way, everything is his liquor cabinet went on board virtually hassle free.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Kenster, so, if we were to pack 8 bottles of champagne in 4 different checked bags, wrapped in bubble wrap and clothes, you think they would "sail right through"??? We are planning a party in our suite for 14 people. Thought we would purchase a canape tray or two, and get some goodies off the buffet line. Your thoughts? thanks, Martha

Mike & Martha 1992 RCI Nordic Empress 1997 Dawn Princess 1998 RCI Vision of the Seas 1999 Carnival Celebration 2000 Grand Princess 2001 HAL Veendam 2001 RCI Radiance of the Seas 2002 RCI Grandeur of the Seas 2003 Celebrity Mercury 2004 Oceania Regatta

You don't need to put wine or champagne in your checked luggage; you can carry it on. Carnival allows you to bring wine and champagne. It's only other types of alcohol that are best put in the checked luggage, as Carnival's policy states you are not allowed to take it. On the Glory last month we took our usual soft-side collapsable cooler containing our champagne (2 magnum size bottles, 3 regular size) and also had some small bottles of water in it as well. The large water bottles (filled with Parrot Bay) were packed in our checked luggage. When the cooler was about to go through the scanner at the port, all they were concerned with was whether it had ice (or water that would leak out) in it. My husband replied no, only liquor, and they didn't say a word. (It did NOT have liquor, only champagne.) My SIL did have liquor in her cooler (vodka in a water bottle), and made it through with that. They never opened the coolers (as they have on two other cruises) to check the contents.

In fact, we never saw anyone collecting alcohol in ports we visted, either. In Belize we bought some wine and in Progreso we bought two bottles of tequilla, and carried all back on the ship without having to check it. There was no table set up taking alcohol to hold till the end of the cruise, as we've seen done on several other cruises.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

I understand that you are limited to 6 bottles of wine (for carry on). So you might want to have your T.A. verify how many bottles of wine you may carry on. Then you just stash the others! We have always "packed" our favorite libation carefully in our checked luggage. Also, on each cruise we carry on wine (or champagne). Enjoy!

Cruising with Family and Friends !

Sitmar Fairsky 10-81

Tropical 5-84

Tropical 4-85

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 6-96

Holiday 5-98

Elation 2-99

Viking Serenade...4-00

Holiday 1-1-01

Carnival Spirit Inaguaral..April 29, 2001

Carnival Pride 10/31/2004

You may get a different answer every time you ask Carnival about how much wine you can carry on. It isn't in writing anywhere that I can find it, but I've had people tell me Carnival told them anywhere from two to six bottles is the limit. The most we've taken is seven bottles of champagne, but I got the feeling (at least on the Glory last month) we could have taken as much as we could carry.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Glory Pictures (Part 1), Costa Maya:

http://community.webshots.com/album/153054619sWISTk

Emerald Seas 6/86 & 11/87, Royale 10/88, Celebration 6/97, Grandeur of the Seas 6/98, Sensation 6/99, Carnival Triumph 6/00 & 11/17/01, Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02, Carnival Victory 5/25/03, Carnival Glory 5/22/04

You could be right Cruisemom2. When we did our 16 day Panama Canal cruise we carried a case of wine onboard. Of course we had 2 bottles of vodka (martini's and bloody marys), 1 bottle of single malt scotch, and one bottle of plain old everyday tequila packed in our luggage. I'm not saying we like to drink, we just like to be prepared.........LOL ')

Cruising with Family and Friends !

Sitmar Fairsky 10-81

Tropical 5-84

Tropical 4-85

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 6-96

Holiday 5-98

Elation 2-99

Viking Serenade...4-00

Holiday 1-1-01

Carnival Spirit Inaguaral..April 29, 2001

Carnival Pride 10/31/2004

Archived