Beverage Smuggling on Princess

CruiseFever

Has anyone walked on the ship with cases of beverages or must it be hidden in checked luggage? On the Golden we packed a case of Dr Pepper (not offered on the ship) for my daughter. Could we have just walked right on with it? What about other beverages, any personal experiences?

Carrying what you're allowed to bring isn't smuggling. When possible, I bring along a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi. We bring a few bottles of wine. I have smuggled on a few mini bottles of liquor.

I still want to know what they're going to do in Security when I walk up with my hand truck with a case of wine stacked on a case of beer stacked on a case of Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Think they'll let me through?:D :confused: ;)

Each ship varies somewhat in its security in regards to carrying on beverages. Have never seen anyone stopped for soda though. Just remeber the stuff is heavy and you have to do the hauling. If you put it in your checked luggage, Princess does the hauling.

John

Chris,

We just sailed on the Carib. Princess 6/12-19 and the lady standing in line right in front of me at embarkation carried on a 12 pack of Diet Coke w/Lime as did her companion and nobody stopped her, I know that they boarded with it b/c we rode in the same elevator to our cabins.

Enjoy!

Sandyjabs

We're bad...we bring our own booze on board in our luggage.

Not that we're not willing to pay for it..we certainly drink plenty of Princess beverages during the day and order wine with dinner.

We just like to have bottles in the room for cocktail hour and the only bourbon they offer for sale is Jack Daniels (not my taste).

I met someone on board the CP a couple of weeks ago who had most of their drinks stolen from their luggage in Fort Lauderdale.. They were likely taken by the port porters, not the CP staff. I suggest that you carry it on board with you or really secure your luggage.

Just curious as to why you post questions that you already know the answers to? I've seen you involved in this same type of discussion on several occasions.

Hmmm...

Perplexed,

Taters

I always roll on a case of Dr. Pepper for my wife and about 12 bottles of water and a couple of bottles of wine.

Have never been stopped or ask anything about it. The only problem is you have to take it yourself through screening. I use a little old metal luggage caddy to strap the cases to.

:)

Taters, I think that Chris has posted this question a couple of times before because he has never really gotten an answer from those people with this kind of experience...and as others have said, it really depends on what ship you're on...and not only that, but it seems that the reaction varies from time to time, so I believe that he's asking those who have travelled with Princess recently to get a feel for how easy or hard it might be.

Good luck, Chris! let us know how it goes! ;)

"Just curious as to why you post questions that you already know the answers to? I've seen you involved in this same type of discussion on several occasions"

Because the answers vary so widely. I was even told by Princess directly that it depended on who was working at the port on a given day. That's why. Get it?

We have always brought liquor onboard with us. We always place the liquor on the counter or bar (if we are lucky enough to have a suite) for the duration of the cruise. No one has ever said anything to us. September 25 will be our 16th Princess cruise. We have also bought liquor in port. Princess now checks carry on bags as you re-board the ship. They tell us we will have to check the liquor and it will be returned to us when we disembark. We say "Thanks you" and walk to the elevator and up to our room with the liquor.

We never saw the need to carry in the open, we have plenty of bag space and that way we can mix brands and flavors. I guess I could carry a beer box on board but why not put it in a bag and use that for bringing home "treasures"?

So Chris---

I'm just curious if you have deceided if your going to risk taking the Heiniken on or not?!?!?! What's it gonna to be?!?!?!? I've observed the debate over this for quite some time now! Good luck whatever you do and have a great cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it :p

Amanda

We have always taken liquor in our checked luggage - but then I buy the cheap vodka - I think next trip I will order the Absolut from the ship - one bottle should last me two or three days. The drinks they serve at the Captains and Circle parties are rather mild - I usually start with one of my own then order two at a time -

On our last cruise we met with some other CC's at the aft bar on sailaway and I ran out of my own - I ordered from the bar and got the last shot in the bottle - I told the bartender that where I come from when you get the last shot, the first one from the fresh bottle is free - He acknowledged and gave me a healthy double for the price of a single!!

I didn't realize that they would confiscate your booze until departure. Has anyone had a problem getting it back? We were planning on buying "Reserve Rum" to bring back home for friends. How hard is it to get your booze back?

We have always taken liquor in our checked luggage - but then I buy the cheap vodka - I think next trip I will order the Absolut from the ship - one bottle should last me two or three days.

A liter in 2 or 3 days and I thought I really liked vodka....for a real treat spend another $10 and get the Grey Goose instead of the Absolute.....

It doesn't get much better.

Scott

I didn't realize that they would confiscate your booze until departure. Has anyone had a problem getting it back? We were planning on buying "Reserve Rum" to bring back home for friends. How hard is it to get your booze back?

They deliver the booze you buy in port to your cabin on the last day. That is if they confiscate it at all.

Scott

We were on the CP 6/5-6/12 and we took on a case of Natural Light, a 12 of Corona, and a 12pk of Diet Coke. I split it up and took the bottled Corona on in my carry-on (because I was afraid they might throw the luggage and it might break) and Terry took half a case of Natural Light in his carry-on. The other was in checked luggage. No questions were asked and everything went on fine. Someone on the ship did offer to buy one of my Corona's though!!( I didn't of course).

Khfadpi: Remember Cindy & Steven? :p

On Your cruise, they were the ones who had their Pepsis stolen from their duffle bag. They took 10 and left 2 of them.

RiskyWood: That was my Daughter. They left the Rum and Vodka and water in the Bag. In St. Thomas, the Purser had a case of Pepsi delivered to the cabin for Michael (he doesn't drink Coke). :cool: I thought that was very nice of the Purser, considering that it was the Union Dock Boys that drank the Pepsi.

I guess they are in the Program and have no use for the alcohol. :eek:

Archived