Who has brought beer on board with them and how much??

crazycruzer68

DH is a lover of Bud Light, in a bottle only, not the new metal cans that look like a bottle. I am not saying that we would bring enough to take out and drink on the lido during the day, but he loves sitting on the balcony drinking his Bud Light. I personally love the foo foo drinks and he will consume his share of those as well, for our last 5 day cruise we racked up about $400 in just alcohol, so we do our share of buying. What about bringing a 12 pack of beer on board with you? What's the amount you bring? And what method do you bring it on board?

Yeah.....Don't pack bottles of beer in your checked luggage.

I take a 30 pack of cans and a box of wine every cruise. Plus plastic flasks of vodka and Jagermeister.

Bud light in the bottle cans is good. That's what I drink on deck. Buy the bucket of course.

We are driving in this time so bottles shouldn't be a problem they will be in our carry-on.

So not to take money away from the cruise line we will buy all of DD water bottles, we only bring the beer because he can't get what he wants from the bar!!!

You will still have to put them in your suitcase to be checked by the porters - rougher treatement than the airline in my book, beer hand carried will most likely be confiscated as you are not allwowed to carry it on.

Bottles are not allowed on the Lido or by any pools, nor do they have any on board for bud products, for drinking on the balcony that is fine, just make sure they don't go in the ocean.

My last cruise I was able to sneak on 5-12 packs in my suitcase. Seeing my suitcase show up that night was just about as exciting as seeing my wifes face after she walked into our Cat 11 wraparound after expecting a regular balcony.

Yogi- I am so glad that I am able to wake up everyday and not feel as sour as you seem to on a regular basis. Go for the little blue pill:)

I seem to remember on our prior Carnival cruises, we could buy beer in a plastic bucket with ice. Maybe 4 to the bucket? Does anyone know if

they still do this and the price?

We are on Carnival Legend 3/8/07 for our 38th anniversary.

DH is a lover of Bud Light, in a bottle only, not the new metal cans that look like a bottle. I am not saying that we would bring enough to take out and drink on the lido during the day, but he loves sitting on the balcony drinking his Bud Light. I personally love the foo foo drinks and he will consume his share of those as well, for our last 5 day cruise we racked up about $400 in just alcohol, so we do our share of buying. What about bringing a 12 pack of beer on board with you? What's the amount you bring? And what method do you bring it on board?

I have placed in my luggage a case of beer.

Okay, so I can pack a case of MGD for my husband in a suitcase and it should go through? It is okay to carry soda and water on right?

How about that boxed wine, did you pack that in your suitcase too?

We are driving and leaving sunday on the conquest.

I appreciate any tips!:o

• 2 months later...

When you put it in your suitcase do you all lock it up or keep to where they can open it. Also what happens if they catch you? Me and my wife are leaving on our first cruise in 10 days and were worried about blowing all our money on alcohol. Also the person who cleans your room doesn't rat you out for having it on board? Thanks, I know its a lot but we've never done this before.

Archived