Bringing non-alocohol on-board

Baley

OK - I've seen all the "can I bring alcohol?" posts. But, can we bring non-alcoholic beverages on-board? My wife cannot have aspartame and only a few diet sodas do not use aspartame. A friend of mine said that his TA sent him a case of his favorite soda to his cabin before he cruised once (because Carnival did not have it on-board).

Thanks!!

OK - I've seen all the "can I bring alcohol?" posts. But, can we bring non-alcoholic beverages on-board? My wife cannot have aspartame and only a few diet sodas do not use aspartame. A friend of mine said that his TA sent him a case of his favorite soda to his cabin before he cruised once (because Carnival did not have it on-board).

Thanks!!

Yes, NA drinks are allowed.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

We brought a 12 pack of Soda and a 12 pack of bottled water no questions asked. I don't know what amount they are referring to when they say small quanities, but we were fine. We also stocked up while in port when we ran out.

...again, "small quantities" just wording they added in case you have a coke truck back up to the dock:p

We have always been fine with 1 -2 12 packs per person and have cruised three times in the last year, so our experience is pretty fresh.

......(because Carnival did not have it on-board).Thanks!!

It really doesn't matter if they have it available for sale on board or not. They don't specify which brands can be brought onto the ship. I always take my own Cokes or Sprites. I'm usually a solo cruiser, and I prefer five night cruises, and I always take a 6-pk. of the 16-oz. plastic bottles.:)

• 1 month later...

I am traveling with a friend who is underage. (She is 20 and will be 21 shortly after the cruise.) Carnival cruises (unlike most cruise lines) have a minimum drinking age of 21 no matter where the cruise is going. We will be in the Mediterranean and Italy's drinking age is 16, Greece 17 and 18, etc. So sampling wine or liquor at the ports is no problem, but being that this is a vacation, I know she will feel left out and bored if she is our age (practically) and unable to enjoy a coctail. Now, none of us are binge drinkers or alcoholics and I see nothing wrong with a 20 year old, a legal adult, having alcoholic beverages, especially when it is legal and in international waters. So basically, it is only against the rules of Carnival and really no different than this whole discussion board on smuggling alcohol. Please do not respond with telling me underage drinking is bad or prohibited for a reason. Most countries recognize 16-18 as legal consumption age (Canada, Mexico, Italy, Turkey, Germany, etc.... and some US states also did for a short time.) I know this is a long explanation, but my question is, How is this rule enforced? Is there a way around it or do they always check ID, roomcard, etc? Any tips or comments would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

I am traveling with a friend who is underage. (She is 20 and will be 21 shortly after the cruise.) Carnival cruises (unlike most cruise lines) have a minimum drinking age of 21 no matter where the cruise is going. We will be in the Mediterranean and Italy's drinking age is 16, Greece 17 and 18, etc. So sampling wine or liquor at the ports is no problem, but being that this is a vacation, I know she will feel left out and bored if she is our age (practically) and unable to enjoy a coctail. Now, none of us are binge drinkers or alcoholics and I see nothing wrong with a 20 year old, a legal adult, having alcoholic beverages, especially when it is legal and in international waters. So basically, it is only against the rules of Carnival and really no different than this whole discussion board on smuggling alcohol. Please do not respond with telling me underage drinking is bad or prohibited for a reason. Most countries recognize 16-18 as legal consumption age (Canada, Mexico, Italy, Turkey, Germany, etc.... and some US states also did for a short time.) I know this is a long explanation, but my question is, How is this rule enforced? Is there a way around it or do they always check ID, roomcard, etc? Any tips or comments would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Carnival use to have the reputation as the Spring Break cruise line, with drunks and wildness everywhere. They have tried over the past decades to change their image, so thats why they have drinking and age limits that are more stringent that other cruiselines.

I have seen underage drinking, the S&S Card are flagged, preventing those under 21 to get a drink on the ship. Usually someone of age will buy the person a drink.

This is the rule/policy from the contract. I have never heard of them enforcing it to this extreme.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

Archived