Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Crystal for our Honeymoon! Any Tips/Advice? :)

Hello Everyone, this board seems very informative!

My future husband and I just booked the 12-day "Jewels of the Mediterranian (7319)" for our Honeymoon!!! We have room 11034 next to the elevator, is that an issue? We are both in our mid/late 20s. Any advice would be so appreciated! We are so excited! THANK YOU!

Lauren

Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Elevator will be fine. I don't think any of the passengers will be bothered. (Just kidding - but the lobbies are very quiet at night. ;-)

You'll have a great time. Don't be afraid to let everyone know it's your honeymoon. Romance is contagious!

19 and counting...

Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Whenever possible we book a cabin close to the forward stairs/elevators. Except for after the shows in the evenings they are not heavily used and are a great way to get around the ship fairly quickly. We rarely use the elevators as the stairs are quicker and have the side benefit of helping to work off the second or third dessert!!! As far as noise is cocerned, we have never found it an issue, even on the last night when they use those elevators to move luggage. Enjoy the cruise. Serenity is a great ship with an equally great crew! We just got off her a week ago and are already looking forward to our next cruise on her in November.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
5,000+ Club

Thumbs up

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. YOu will love Crystal. I have friends that took a Crystal cruise for their honeymoon and they were in their late 20's and just loved the whole experience.

Nancy

Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Have your travel agent contact on board guest services. I don't know if they do anything special for honeymooners, but your agent should tell them it is your honeymoon. One never knows! Also, read the sticky at the top of the page of STEX. No one posted for your cruise yet, but there are a lots of days to go. From one celebrating her 46th anniversary, have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Judith

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Serenity 11034

Lauren:

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful week in 11035 in January.

While the suites are not adjacent, I can guarantee noise will not be a problem for you.

You will love Crystal and will receive wonderful care from all the staff and your butler especially.

Congratulations.

Old February 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Lauren ~

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and your honeymoon selection!

Have you or your future DH cruised before? DH and I had taken about 20 cruises before we experienced Crystal. Oh, my. It's an amazing experience, and you will be Crystalized in no time. What a great start to what I'm sure will be a long and happy marriage.

Best wishes, Carla
Crystal 2005, 2005, 2005, 2006, 2015 ; Cunard 2008; NCL 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009; 2013; 2014; Celebrity 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010; Royal Caribbean 1998, 2001; 2011; Princess 2001, 2009, 2012, 2012; Disney 2000; HAL 2000, 2003

Old February 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

In December we had a newly wed couple on board and I was their stex partner. I invited them to eat at our table and they wanted a table for two by the window so they declined. Later toward the end of the cruise they realized it would have been better to eat at a large table for 8 and gotten to know more people sooner. The MD of the dining room will do his best to hook yall up. In fact the MD can perform miracles making great tables. Just my two cents worth. Ernie

Old February 25th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the good wishes and tips!

Neither I, nor my future hubby have ever cruised, but we are very excited to share our first experience together. I hope we dont get to spoiled with our first Crystal Experience!! I have been to Europe, but none of the ports of call we will be visiting, and it will be his first trip overseas.

Anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Russie in Rome? We will start off there before our cruise. Also, our cruise is in August, the famous month of the Roman holiday, do you think this is going to be an issue on our cruise?

Keep the tips coming, I enjoy reading this board so much!

THanks so much again, Lauren

Old February 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

May I add a couple of quick thoughts on your questions.
1. On the hotel in Rome, I have not heard anything one way or another. You might want to post a note on the "destinations" board asking about it. Or, you could ask a general question about hotels in Rome on that Board or check some of the other sites such as tripadviser.
2. August would not be my preferred time to be in Italy, not just because of the "Roman holiday" reasons you mentioned. While those are serious enough, it means that some of the things you may want to see or experience may be closed. It is wise to check ahead on items of particular interest. Just as important, Rome and your other stops will be full of visitors, making it difficult to get around and difficult to get into the attractions you are interested in and getting into the restaurants that are most known by tourists, etc. Advance reservations and/or tickets, where available, are advisable. Alternatively, for Rome, when you arrive, just spend a couple of days recovering from jet lag and enjoying the unique atmosphere of Rome. It is a truly unique place.
3. You cabin assignment is, to me, not ideal. Notwithstanding what the others on this post have said, I am not a fan of being so near both the elevator lobby and the laundry room. There will be significant traffic around your door particularly in the early morning (laundry rooms in particular seem to attract very early morning users) and in the evenings. From personal experience, Crystal cabins far quieter than those on other lines but you will still be able to hear some of the traffic and the noise in the cabin. While it may not bother you, it will be present. Since there is still a lot of time before the cruise, I would have your TA seriously look into another cabin.
4. While this may be obvious, in addition to what Judith02 said (and she is exceptionally knowledgeable about Crystal) have your TA contact Crystal for any special requests now - that includes specialty restaurant requests, etc.
5. Enjoy your honeymoon. What a wonderful way to start your marriage.

Old February 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
5,000+ Club

I do not think that the maitre d' for the alternative restaurants takes reservations from travel agents for the two restaurants. Now that these can be done on line for those paying six months in advance, Crystal perfers it to be done that way or reserved on embarkation day -- not through on board guest services. I do know, however, that the on board guest services department will send through dining requests to the dining room maitre d' any seating time or table size reservation and any information about birthdays, anniversaries, etc, and possibly honeymooners. P.S. A St. Honore cake makes a great celebration cake.