Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > What Ever Happened To........???

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

What Ever Happened To........??? A place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories.

Old March 4th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default C T C cruiselines

hi all im newbie to this can anyone tell me what happened to the southern cross or m v karelia

Old March 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Howdy wozstock!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum!

Thank you for your inquiry. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software on avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here.

Per our Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the What Ever Happened To........??? Forum where it will be more on topic. The new location for your thread is described as follows:

What Ever Happened To........??? A place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories.

Also, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the What Ever Happened To........??? Forum (or any other Cruise Critic forum) with your key word or words to help narrow down the threads you will want to research for even more information.

I hope you don't mind a friendly suggestion, but you might want to read FAQ and Community Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in the different forums. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope all this information will be satisfactory! If you have any other questions about using the Cruise Critic software, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum to see if your inquiry topic has already been asked and answered there before. And it probably has, many, many times! If not, please feel free to post your new inquiry there and we will be happy to try to help you with a solution.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!!
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Last edited by Host Kat >^..^<; March 4th, 2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: typo.

Old March 4th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Welcome aboard!

CTC, as a company, disappeared after their charter of SOUTHERN CROSS ended in 1997.

The SOUTHERN CROSS went to Festival Cruises (also now defunct) as FLAMENCO and now is with the Spanish cruise line Travelplan as NEW FLAMENCO.

KARELIYA later became OLVIA and is now the gambling ship NEPTUNE out of Hong Kong.

Old March 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default c T c

Thanks Doug for your help.I worked on both , was on the Karaliya when it got arrested then flew back to close down the Southern cross. thanks again for your help .

Old November 25th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Southern Cross and Kareliya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozstock View Post
hi all im newbie to this can anyone tell me what happened to the southern cross or m v karelia
CTC Cruises Sydney office closed it's doors in May 1996 and on the 8 October 1997 CTC Cruises London office closed it's office in 1 Regent St London.

The Southern Cross became the Flamenco owned by a Greek company and was painted white. The Kareliya also had a name change and various companies. I worked on both these ships and I have many happy memories of them both.

Annette Westwood