NCL Liquor policy

CEV426

I know that liquor carried aboard will most likely be confiscated, however I have a unique situation. We will be sailing on the Dawn in Sept and when we dock in Port Canaveral we are meeting up with relative that have recently relocated to FL. I would like to present the person who has so graciously offered to drive to the pier, pick us up, (then drive back to Orlando area then do it again in reverse in the afternoon totally four trips for him) with a nice bottle of good vodka ( which I know he would love). I am willing to buy it at home and carry it on, or I am willing to buy it on the ship. My question is: Will they give me back the bottle at Port Canaveral and let me off the ship with it? Seems simple enough, but God knows how anal they will be about it.

I guess I will eventually call them, but I thought I would check here first.

If they agree to do that for you ask them to send you the permission in writing or e-mail, in case they change their mind once you get there. As I've found out, what NCL says they will do over the phone ,and what they actually do, can be two very different things. Even if you have it in writing though I'm not sure they will abide by that:(

Gardencat has a good point. I would disagree about having it in writing. I do believe in this case in writing would solve any problems, but it is always best to have something that is out of the ordinary in print. Good luck and keep us informed. NMNita

Well, I did call them, and as expected didn't get very far. I was persistant, and asked the less-than-professional, gum cracking young lady to speak to a supervisor. I didn't appreciate the "Yeahs".....and "all dat information is clearly printed in your brochure" She suggested that I buy a bottle when I get off the ship in Port Canaveral.

Duh, that's why I am calling you because I know it is the brochure and this is a special situation. I was not impressed by my first experience with NCL.

This is not over however. I will eventually go up the "food chain" of authority and I want it explained to me WHY they have this policy and WHO is this policy protecting.

I am also going to see if maybe I can get away with maybe gift wrapping it.

(Dont ask, dont tell) but I dont know how that will be with security.

Gift wrapping sounds like a pretty good idea. Though I assume scanning would identify it anyway, not sure. I'm surprised all the "smuggler threads" haven't mentioned that one. Your experience is unique, good luck and keep us posted if NCL comes through for you.

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

This is not over however. I will eventually go up the "food chain" of authority and I want it explained to me WHY they have this policy and WHO is this policy protecting.

Good luck with that! I suggest you allow a lot of time to work your way up the chain. Whenever I tried to speak to a supervisor they were 'out to lunch', 'at a meeting' or 'gone for the day.'

If I have the schedule right, any time up to about 11:30 was 'in a meeting', from 11:30 until about 2:30 was 'out to lunch' anytime after 3 was 'gone for the day.'

Maybe you should call about 2:45. You might be able to actually reach a supervisor then or, at least, you might force them to think of a cute new excuse!:D

cev::

good luck I have had the same problems contacting higher ups with rccl alot of run arounds and phoney supervisors they say they are sups until the conversation gets to the gritty points and then they need to speak to their supervisor... I wanted to know who was responsible for a temporary tent top full of rain water dumping its contents on me at cape cannaveral (new pier for the mariner of the seas) I even got a reply from john williams the ceo without a answer....

now to answer your question most people smuggle booze on board so they dont have to pay the premium price on the ship, and the ship loses all that profit the answer is MONEY... good luck !!!!!

I can see her chewing her gum now: DH just had a similar situation with customer service calling SPrint PCS last week. All he wanted was to purchase a new phone. His is beyond repair and he uses mine all the time. We live 50 miles from a Sprint store thus thought we could save time by making a phone call. We didn't want to change our service, complain, anything: Exactly 1 hr and 42 minutes later, after requesting a supervisor6 times he hung up. This is a man with no patience but he stayed very calm. The person he was dealing with spoke very little English which didn't help. After trying to sell us on about 100 different plans, quoting us 4 different prices, and telling us we should have 3 lines instead of two, nothing was accomplished. Finally DH asked to cancel the one phone til we could straighten the mess out. The guy had the gall to say we couldn't do that. This particular line we have had for about 3 years and are not on contract. Hope you get further than we did. Good luck,

NMNita

Newmexiconita

I have had great service from my phone company, of course I am always polite when I call them. I guess it's all just a matter of attitude. People who are nit picking and demanding often don't get good service.:p

Okay just fooling but I thought if it worked for people with complaints about their NCL cruises why not for people with complaints about their phone service

:D

Archived