The "Big Liquor Sneak Play"

I cruised on the Pride in 2002 and I know you are allowed to bring champagne or wine on the ship. Do people still sneak other things (Rum) on board? Can you still bring water or soda on with you?

We are going to cruise on the Glory.

Thanks for any info.

I sailed on the Pride in May 2003. We packed an ice chest with diet sodas and bottled water. We checked this with our luggage. We also took liquor on board and packed one bottle in each suitcase that we checked. Everything got through just fine and was still in our luggage when it was delivered to the cabin.

I'm not sure if this helps but, I read in another post that any clear liquer looks like water in a water bottle so we are planning to fill some water bottles in a little cooler and see what happens...Can't hurt to try.

Just returned from our first Carnival cruise. Took on vodka, khalua, and whiskey, with all the mixers including fresh limes. Left them all on the counter and the cabin steward iced down the limes daily for use. We take our own alcohol every cruise (9 so far) and nothing has ever been said. We also take bottled water (about 4 to start) and soda's. We replenish those in port, as needed. Hope this helps.

Until I read this post on another cruise review site I thought that I had seen and heard it all.

This guy claims that he hollows out his wife's artificial leg....and it will then hold 9 beers. Once on-board the ship, he takes a large cork screw and bores a hole into the leg and inserts a beer tap....Folks I am not making this up!

I replied asking him if his wife had to sit around while he used her leg as a beer keg! I also asked him how long the leg kept his beer cold.

Archived