Lunch Box on Cruise

goodone123

First of all thanks a lot to everybody for wonderful forum.

I am the first time cruiser ,Will be taking HAL cruise in month of June.

I was told by my travel agent that u can request for lunch box whenever u will visit port.

is it true?

if true what kind of lunch pack cruise will provide you?

since my wife is vegetarian..

Thanks in advance,

If you mean a lunch box to take to the port, I haven't heard that. But I might be wrong. The closest thing I got to lunchbox is the breakfast room service. They brought the the breakfast in a plastic container..

When we traveled to Hawaii we would order sandwiches from room service in the morning; then we would load up our rolling collapsible cooler with food and ice from the room steward and went on our way for the day. This way we could stop and eat whenever we wanted.

When we traveled to Hawaii we would order sandwiches from room service in the morning; then we would load up our rolling collapsible cooler with food and ice from the room steward and went on our way for the day. This way we could stop and eat whenever we wanted.

How long ago was this and was it NCL America ships??

I was there in January and indeed on the US NCL ship, you could pack off food. But would be highly doubtful now on any other ship. OR did you just do this and ignore the postings??

Most cruise lines have a problem with sending any sort of perishable food ashore with you. Too often, passengers do not store the food properly when they take it ashore. Then it spoils, they eat it and get food poisoning. Then they sue the cruise line. It's just not worth the risk.

On the other side, the US Food and Drug Administration will not allow "foreign food" (any food from a foreign flag cruise ship) to legally enter the USA. That's why the NCL America ships (with US Flag) can legally send food ashore in Hawaii, but the others cannot. But even if it's legal, it still is not very smart.

Archived