Casino Rate

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:15 AM.
#1
88 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
I'm new to these boards and am looking into booking my first cruise on the spirit in October.

I gamble quite a bit in Vegas, etc. So i called the casino dept at NCL and gave them some information. They called me back with their 'casino' rates.

But they actually seem to be similar or even a little more than the rates that i get if i try and book thru ncl.com. Has anyone else seen this to be true?

I mentioned it to the casino employee that i spoke to and she told me the rate that i got online might not include port charges, etc. But I'm pretty sure that it did because it included all govt taxes in fees.

I'm a little confused because i am new to this whole cruise thing...any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
#2
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
774 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Derek King
I'm new to these boards and am looking into booking my first cruise on the spirit in October.

I gamble quite a bit in Vegas, etc. So i called the casino dept at NCL and gave them some information. They called me back with their 'casino' rates.

But they actually seem to be similar or even a little more than the rates that i get if i try and book thru ncl.com. Has anyone else seen this to be true?

I mentioned it to the casino employee that i spoke to and she told me the rate that i got online might not include port charges, etc. But I'm pretty sure that it did because it included all govt taxes in fees.

I'm a little confused because i am new to this whole cruise thing...any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Where there any perks you were getting with this package?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



DAWN PRINCESS - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2004
NORWEGIAN SUN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2005
PRIDE OF ALOHA - HAWAII - AUGUST 2007
CARNIVAL SENSATION - BAHAMAS - MARCH 2008
COSTA ATLANTICA - EASTERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2010
SERENADE OF THE SEAS - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - AUGUST 2010
NORWEGIAN DAWN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - DECEMBER 2012
NORWEGIAN DAWN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - DECEMBER 2013
NORWEGIAN JEWEL - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - NOVEMBER 2014
CELEBRITY SUMMIT - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - JANUARY 2015
DISNEY FANTASY - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - JANUARY 2016
#3
Bonney Lake, WA
1,994 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
The Casino rates are a 17% discount off the actual cruise price. The does not include the port charges, Government taxes and fees and insurance. The discount used to be 18%. In fact if you book now and later on the pricing decreases on NCL's site, if you call them they will lower the cost. This actually happened to me yesteday for our alaska cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TOM
SSBN M.G.Vallejo 658 69-71 Guam, Holy Loch
SEA ESCAPE 86, 88 - Bahamas
SS BRITIANIS 06/90 Western Caribbean
RCCL 01/97 - Ensenada
SEA BREEZE 03/00 - Western Caribbean
STAR PRINCESS 02/03 - Mexican Riveria
NCL MAJESTY 03/04 - Western Caribbean
NCL STAR 03/05 - Mexican Riveria
NCL STAR 02/06 - Mexican Riveria
NCL PEARL 02/07 - Southern Caribbean
NCL PEARL 08/07 - Alaska
NCL SPIRIT 03/08 - Western Caribbean
NCL JADE 02/09 - Europe
NCL STAR 09/09 - Coastal Reposition
NCL STAR 03/10 - Mexican Riveria
NCL JEWEL 10/15 - Mexican Riveria
RCL EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 09/16 - West Coast
#4
North Carolina
1,537 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by CRUZIN TOM
The Casino rates are a 17% discount off the actual cruise price. The does not include the port charges, Government taxes and fees and insurance. The discount used to be 18%. In fact if you book now and later on the pricing decreases on NCL's site, if you call them they will lower the cost. This actually happened to me yesteday for our alaska cruise.
How do you qualify for the Casino rate?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Dawn 4/10, NCL Majesty 2/08, NCL Dream 1/07, NCL Majesty 12/06, NCL Sun 1/06, NCL Majesty 2/05, Disney Wonder 1/04

#5
20,069 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by FB
Where there any perks you were getting with this package?
Could you please change the massive picture in your signature. It creates wide posts and makes the thread difficult to read.

No real perks just a better price.
#6
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
774 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by shoreguy
Could you please change the massive picture in your signature. It creates wide posts and makes the thread difficult to read.

Sorry. Is that better. I have a widescreen laptop so it all looks normal to me. Sorry if I caused an inconvience to you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



DAWN PRINCESS - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2004
NORWEGIAN SUN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2005
PRIDE OF ALOHA - HAWAII - AUGUST 2007
CARNIVAL SENSATION - BAHAMAS - MARCH 2008
COSTA ATLANTICA - EASTERN CARIBBEAN - MARCH 2010
SERENADE OF THE SEAS - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - AUGUST 2010
NORWEGIAN DAWN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - DECEMBER 2012
NORWEGIAN DAWN - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - DECEMBER 2013
NORWEGIAN JEWEL - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - NOVEMBER 2014
CELEBRITY SUMMIT - SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - JANUARY 2015
DISNEY FANTASY - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - JANUARY 2016
#7
1,197 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Best thing to do is use an outside Casino Rep. You can call your landbased Casino Marketing Dept or beter yet if you have a Casino Host in Vegas, AC and ask who they use for NCL and or other Cruiselines for there players. Based on how much you play they should be able to help you, If you played with a players card they will have it in the computer coin in lenth of play ETC...

Hope this helps
#8
271 Posts
Joined May 2006
OP if you gamble quite a bit, the points you get on your players card will get you Free cruises on NCL ships. Star Cruises the parent company of NCL operate casino ships here in Asia and I have been on 60 cruises in the last 2 years with no cash payment but using my players card. But most of these are cruise to nowhere, read that as gambling in internatioal waters, but I have been on a handful of 7N cruises also.
#9
20,069 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by FB
Sorry. Is that better. I have a widescreen laptop so it all looks normal to me. Sorry if I caused an inconvience to you.
That's cool - thanks.