Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Peter Deilmann Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Peter Deilmann Cruises

Peter Deilmann Cruises Profile & Ship Reviews
Peter Deilmann Member Reviews
Peter Deilmann News
River & Canal Cruising Info from Cruise Critic
Peter Deilmann Cruises Website

Old July 12th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Peter Deilmann Grand European Cruise

Could anyone please give me some info on Peter Deilmann's cruises, specifically types of clothing for dinner, tipping @ end of trip--do staff perfer cash or can you use credit card?. I am leaving Sept. 29th (Amsterdam to Budapest). First time river cruise.
Any infor would be of help.
Thanks

Old July 13th, 2007, 02:30 AM
5,000+ Club

CanadianCruiser07,

You´ll find a review of our last years cruise on Deilmann´s Mozart linked in my signature. We´ve also done a cruise on Deilmann´s Dresden on the Elbe river but my review isn´t online yet.

Clothing for dinner is more formal than on any other river cruises. On our Elbe river cruise there were only 2 "maritime casual" nights. The other 5 nights were formal (2) or "jacket and tie" (3).

Tipping is cash only. As the Casanova is about the size of the Dresden I assume that tipping is the same: 2 waiters and cabin attendant (app. EUR 2 per person per night). There´s a box at the reception desk for additional tipping for the rest of the crwe (pooled tips).

steamboats

Old July 13th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

steamboats:

Thanks so much for the information. Looking forward to reading you Deilmann's Dresen-Hamburg review.

CanadianCruiser07

Old July 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

I loved my Mozart cruise. I haven't taken any other river cruises, but quite a few of ocean cruises. I find the river cruise I was on was less formal than an ocean cruise. Even on formal night it was wear something that you might wear to a nice restaurant. Most of the Germans had nice pants suits and the men a sport jacket.
6/12 CCL Glory, 9/10 CCL Freedom, 5/08 CCL Miracle, 05/07 Crown Princess, 10/06 Jewel of the Seas, 9/06 Valor, 4/06 Peter Deilmann Mozart, 9/05 Enchantment of the Seas, 9/04 Fascination, 2/04 Paradise, 9/03 Century, 1/03 Fascination, 8/02 Holiday, 3/01 Fantasy

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Peter Deilmann Cruise

I just returned from an 11 day trip on Peter Deilmann's Heidelberg from Mainz to Amsterdam. There were two nights that were "formal" (Dark Suits and tie) the rest where Smart casual. For those evenings most men wore a jacket and were split 50 50 with and without tie. Some just wore a dress shirt.
Tips are pooled. We were traveling with a group and tipped $120 each.
Service staff were very good but a little over worked.