Hi there! Why haven't you registered yet?? You are missing out on our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY! Register Now!
It's been several years since cruising on the Statendam but if memory serves me correctly the fore pool (Lido) was freah water and the aft pool was saltwalter. No heating at that time. They also need to dump the water in the pools at night occassioanly due to the depth of various ports visited, weather conditions and routine maintenance. I'm sure someone who has recently cruised the Statendam can give more up-to-date information. Have a great cruise!
Yes, I'm hoping someone who's recently cruised aboard the Statendam will comment. I do prefer the pool near the stern. I can't imagine they wouldn't heat all the pools on their Alaska cruises, but maybe they don't.
There's almost always one fresh water pool and one salt, and typically 1 of the 2 pools will be heated.
I would imagine the open aft pool would be the heated one.
As the lido pool is the "family friendly" pool, I would guess that might be the fresh water one.
Ultimately I think it comes down to the captain's decision.
__________________ Holland America Line Ships I've Been On:
● Statendam(x2) ● Ryndam ● Rotterdam ● Volendam(x3)
● Amsterdam(x5) ● Zaandam(x3) ● Zuiderdam(x2) ● Oosterdam(x4)
● Westerdam(x5) ● Noordam ● Eurodam ● Nieuw Amsterdam(x2) Norwegian Cruise Line Ships I've Been On:
● Norwegian Star ● Norwegian Pearl(x2) Carnival Cruise Line Ships I've Been On:
● Carnival Splendor(x2) ● Carnival Magic ● Carnival Breeze Celebrity Cruises Ships I've Been On:
● Celebrity Solstice Princess Cruises Ships I've Been On:
● Star Princess