Pre-Boarding Liquor Order

CruisesOnMyMind

I heard that you could pre-order a bottle of rum or whatever you desire, plus mixes to have waiting for you in your room for consumption. The cost apparently was $17.00. This is on the Caribbean Princess. Anyone else hear of this? I checked Princess web site, nothing there but a survey on what you like to comsume.

It's a fabulous service they provide. We ordered several bottles of different things. When we arrived in our cabin there were little cards telling us to call room service to have it delivered whenever we wanted it.

They delivered the bottles with setups, nuts and pretzels

Not bad prices either

Just remember everyone, you can also call room service when you get to the ship and order exactly the same things as you would to send yourself a gift. But the prices are a couple dollars cheaper. I mean, no matter how it is delivered, you need to tip, even if it is ordered before you arrive if you have to call room service to have it delivered, right?

Save the 2 bucks and order it when you board and then give that extra to the steward that delivers it. ;)

Just remember everyone, you can also call room service when you get to the ship and order exactly the same things as you would to send yourself a gift. But the prices are a couple dollars cheaper. I mean, no matter how it is delivered, you need to tip, even if it is ordered before you arrive if you have to call room service to have it delivered, right?

Save the 2 bucks and order it when you board and then give that extra to the steward that delivers it. ;)

Toto- some day I will see you in person and we are going to arm wrestle over this one just to settle it once and for all.

I predict it will be the first "draw" in arm wrestling history

I like your thing about saving a couple bucks by waiting till we get on the ship to order our booze but I also like the idea of being able to buy it months in advance, spreading out a little of the total cruise cost and giving me something cruise-related to do to kill time

Such decisions!

I was looking at the same thing by coincidence tonight and noticed that there is a beer package that offers 6 for the price of 5 and also a soda package for the same. So, if I preordered 6 buds for me, 6 silver bullets for my wife and a bunch of sodas, wouldn't we save a bit more than 2 bucks. Plus we are going to buy at least one bottle of vodka for BM's on the balcony and the pamphlet states "prices include gratuity". We of course always tip nicley for room service. I'm not trying to cheap out here. We thought it would be cool to have some cocktails ready for us when we boarded. I see you still have to call room service which I didn't know until now. In giving it some thought now it seems to me you could sav some bucks by doing this. Or maybe I'm missing something.

When you purchase a bottle from room sevice, the gratuity is NOT included, when you pre-order, it is. BUT, when it is delivered, I think most people will tip anyway no matter where they ordered it from, at least we always do. We tip the one that brings it........................it also ensures very quick service for the rest of the cruise. LOL So, we just wait to get on the ship and then call in our order.

As Chris has brought up though, if you pre-order it then you pay for it when you order, if you call room service, it is put on your shipboard account. I look at it as I am going to pay one way or the other, why pay for it sometimes months before you get it when you pre-order? Just put it on my shipboard account and pay for it when the cc bill comes in.

I am surprised they have it on their room service menu. If you pre-order and still have to call and have it delivered, then can't see the difference if you order it by room service. As stated you would tip no matter what. Unless you can't get room service the first day until a specified time later in the day.

I notice on the order form they do not mention the size of bottle for Crown Royal! Does anyone know what this might be. Since it is a normaly a bit more expensive than the others listed, 375ML (micky size). Less than that is a couple of drinks so gets pretty expensive then.

We just got back from our cruise on the Golden, and I had pre-ordered 2 of the beer packages beforehand. When we arrived in our cabin, the room steward had already placed the beer inside our fridge and was nice and cold. What a great way to start the vacation!

About wellwishers.com I read a post today that said that they had stopped delivering beer and liquor to Princess ships, by order of Princess Cruise lines. Not sure if this is true, as I did read it in someones post. They said that they called wellwishers and were told that they had just received a letter from Princess that prohibits the delivery of these items from now on. Sounded like it took place in the last couple of days. Wine and Bon Voyage packages were OK but no beer or hard liquor. :confused:

Anyone know for sure if this is true?

Squeeky, all that we have ordered have always come in liter bottles. If the price for Crown Royal was $27, then that is a liter, as it is $25 from room service.

Wellwishers just told me the same thing, I ordered beer from them Sept 2002 on the Star Princess and it was ok. Now princess is the only cruise line that prohibits them from beer deliveries. Sounds like greed has set in !!

I have never used wellwishers but have used another service like it. Does anyone know if Princess has stopped accepting beer deliveries from all services? Will Princess let us carry our own beer onboard? DH and I go a day early and stay in a hotel and I was thinking I would just have the beer delivered to our hotel and carry it on to the ship myself.

Angie

A little note to add to the discussion: You have to per-order at least two weeks in advance of the cruise or you have to pay a "fax" fee. I'm remembering $2.

We didn't get our pre-order liquor delivered until the 3rd day of our Star Princess cruise in April. The cabin steward was going crazy because he must have thought it was going to impact his tip. We stood in long lines at the Purser's Desk trying to get some action earlier. Eventually it appeared in our cabin without our even signing for it.

Pat

I just called Just because of you , the gift service that we use and Laurie said that she hasn't heard a thing. They just delivered 15 packages this past weekend without any problems. She said that Princess charges the highest surcharge of any of the cruiselines ($8) per package. If you order multiple items you pay multiple surcharges and she doesn't think Princess is going to stop the practice because they do make money off of it. So then I called Princess and they have no clue. The guy who answered the phone said they have never allowed outside services to deliver gifts to any ships, that Princess has their own Bon Voyage services. So I thought okay I'll ask if they have what I want. They don't offer 4 of the 5 items that we ordered through Just because.. The guy got really upset and asked what's wrong with the beer on the ship. My DH is a vegetarian and the only beer Princess carries that fits that criteria is Becks and they don't offer Beck's in their Buy 5 get 6 plan. He said they'll make an exception just ask the steward to substitute once we are on the ship. I said no thanks I don't want the hassle. The poor guy was upset that he couldn't be more helpful, I felt kinda sorry for him so I thanked him for everything and said that I was satisfied with my call. Apparently phone calls are monitered. Now I wonder if our order will be denied delivery because I called Princess. Oh well...

Angie

Archived