Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old July 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Live From the Tahitian Princess!!!

We are on the ship, and it is the first day at sea. Those of you that will get to be on this cruise are in for a treat. The people are so friendly and warm. We did a pre-cruise on Moorea for three days, and met a wonderful Tahitian couple who gave us a ride to the store in the back of their truck, waited for us, and took us back to our hotel. Then they invited us for a boat ride to a motu the next day, where they prepared lunch for us. We saw a few stingrays, and got to touch them. It was a special day and experience for us, and we made new friends.
We did Patrick's 4X4 excursion in Tahiti, and it was fun. Met up with fellow Cruise Critic's while on one of the trucks. It could have been about 2 hours shorter, but we enjoyed the waterfalls, and off roading.
We were in Huahine yesterday, and booked Marc's tour. This was one of, if not the best, excursions that we have ever taken. The drift snorkeling was unbelievable, and the picnic in the water was great. We would definitely do this again.
We have met up with most of our Cruise Critic friends, and we are all having a fantastic time.
More later....~Debbi

Old July 29th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

Default Thanks!

We should pay you to come back frequently throughout your voyage.

The tale of your great adventure would be greatly appreciated, just what we need here.
Examiner.com
@OrlandoChris

Coming up:
Carnival Destiny 09-01-11
Allure of the Seas 10-09-11

Cruise Critic Reviews-
Freedom of the Seas
Ruby Princess
Celebrity Solstice
Carnival Destiny
Norwegian Pearl
Sovereign of the Seas
Celebrity Century
Majesty of the Seas
Queen Mary 2
Empress of the Seas

Old July 29th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Hey cruzefevr...how are the desserts on the Tahitian Pricness?...I hope it's really good extravagant deserts, cakes, deep dish pies and many varieties of exoctic ice cream and not that mass produced mocha everything, or berry this and that in the Horizon Court!...do tell and share with us...as I am counting my carbs until I board the Star on August 20th....can you say withdrawl!

Old July 29th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Thanks for taking time to post

I am hoping the Tahitian Princess will be our cruise for 2005. We will be watching for all of your post. Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Until Golden Princess

Old July 29th, 2004, 06:47 PM
10,000+ Club

I heard that the rooms on the Tahitian Princess have no refrigerators.. True??

Future Cruises: Star Princess September 2013 & January 2014, Golden Princess August 2014
Completed Cruises: Coral Princess (11),
Star Princess (5), Regal Princess (old) (5), Golden Princess (4), Caribbean Princess (4), Dawn Princess (3), Grand Princess (3), Sky Princess (2), Fairwind (2), Ruby Princess (1), Sapphire Princess (1), Island Princess (1), Fair Princess (1)

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:49 PM
5,000+ Club

cruzfvr,

We would love to hear more as you go, as long as it doesn't take away from this relaxing cruise. We will be doing the Marquesas itinerary in February and can't get enough info on Tahiti.

See reviews and pictures of our Island Princess Alaska Cruise and Land Tour
Now Posted; Oceania Regatta - Bermuda; HAL Westerdam; Celebrity Reflection; New England/Canada; Celebrity Eclipse Baltic cruise and England land tour; Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise; Celebrity Silhouette Mediterranean Adriatic cruise; Allure of the Seas; Paris to Prague River Cruise; South America; SE Asia; Danube River Cruise; Celebrity Solstice; Alaska; Egypt; NZ/Australia; Fr. Polynesia/Marquesas; Mediterranean; British Isles/Norwegian Fjords; Panama Canal and other cruises at: Mike and Carol's Website LINK

Upcoming Cruises:
Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2014 - Spain & Canaries
Celebrity Infinity - Nov 2014 - Westbound Panama Canal
Oceania Riviera - Dec 2014 - Mayan Mystique
Oceania Nautica - March 2015 - China/Japan

Old July 29th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Yes it's true Largin no fridge except in mini-suites and full OS on TP.

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

The suites have fridges. We are in an Owner suite aft on deck 7, and our teens are next door to us. Our suite is very roomy, and has a bathtub/shower combo which has a jacuzzi button.
The desserts are fab. The first ight I had a warm pudding with whip cream that was to die for. It had a soft cake inside, topped with warm pudding that was dripping down and whip cream mounds on the plate. They serve ice cream in the dining rooms, and the rocky road is good. The pizza is thin crust and yummy. Lot's of food, you won't go hungry!
Our daughter who is 15 is in the spa getting a facial, and I am going in about 10 minutes for the hot rock massage, so I will let you know how they are.
Tonight is the first formal night. So far in the dining rooms, it is a mixed group, with some very casual diners. Even some shorts for the men! We are dressing up tonight (son and hubby in tuxes). Hopefully, we won't be alone!
It is a bit rough at sea today. A lot of people have been to the gift shop for sea sick meds. We brougth ginger and ginger gum, and haven't had a problem.
Tomorrow we are in Rarotonga (sp?). A hint for excursions here: You can get shuttle service into town to the Muri Beach for $8/pp ea. way. This is what we will be doing.
Have been checking on prices for pearls, but haven't found the one that is calling me. The ones in the ship's boutique are gorgeous.
Will write more later...~Debbi

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

P.S. This is the slowest internet connection that I have ever encountered. Guess it is on Tahitian time!

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:49 PM

Boy my mouth was just salvatating while you vividly described that warm pudding with that dripping sauce. and mountain of whipped cream...control yourself HR...back down boy back!

Oh please tell me each day what your having for desert...can't wait to hear from you cruzfvr...

P.S. I am doing the Marquesas sailing on December 3rd this year...so I will fill you in with all the good details and do a live HR on the air broadcast as well.

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

My husband and I are taking the same cruise next week (August 5) Please keep posting as Thursday can't get here soon enough. I have written down the tours ya'll took as we can't decide which ones to take.

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Cruzfvr,

We are enjoying your cruise with you.

HighRoller,
We will watch for you in December, particularly since you are on our itinerary.

See reviews and pictures of our Island Princess Alaska Cruise and Land Tour
Now Posted; Oceania Regatta - Bermuda; HAL Westerdam; Celebrity Reflection; New England/Canada; Celebrity Eclipse Baltic cruise and England land tour; Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise; Celebrity Silhouette Mediterranean Adriatic cruise; Allure of the Seas; Paris to Prague River Cruise; South America; SE Asia; Danube River Cruise; Celebrity Solstice; Alaska; Egypt; NZ/Australia; Fr. Polynesia/Marquesas; Mediterranean; British Isles/Norwegian Fjords; Panama Canal and other cruises at: Mike and Carol's Website LINK

Upcoming Cruises:
Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2014 - Spain & Canaries
Celebrity Infinity - Nov 2014 - Westbound Panama Canal
Oceania Riviera - Dec 2014 - Mayan Mystique
Oceania Nautica - March 2015 - China/Japan

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Yes HR will be on the air in December on the Tahitian and Sapphire Princess back to back....stay tuned folks!

Old July 30th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi HR,

What itinarary are you doing on the Sapphire Princess - We're doing LA to Sydney Trans-pacific crossing in November/December.

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:33 AM

Jim and Louise don't wory no need for your to clear everything out from under your bed...I am on the Sapphire Princess from SYD-AKL Dec 23rd-Jan 8th so when your getting off, I will the the fool running up the gangway trying to beat everyone else to the desert line!

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

HR - if the cruise is half as good as I'm expecting it to be - you'd better check under your bed - we may well be stowed away under there!!!

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:00 AM

I have no problems with that all....just eat all those bland mocha pastries and mocha cakes, and mocha non-fat puddings in the Horizon court and pass it along to everyone else (saying it's just divine)....so you all can depleat that stock and then they can put out the "good stuff" for HR....can't understand what's the big push in the past 8 months with "Mocha" on Princess?...the Chef seems pretty horny and hell bent on that Mocha this, Mocha that (I mean you all know I love coffee, but come on, hold it on the Mocha)...could it be he is adding the taste of coffee to ALL deserts in the absence of real coffee on Princess?....hmmmmm sounds pretty evviilll too me!

Last edited by HighRoller; July 30th, 2004 at 07:07 AM.

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sign me up to the 'you crack me up' club

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:03 AM

Wow I am on one hot shoe here, better double down, the sign me up to the "Crack me Up Club"#7 for Jim and Louise...done...your membership is iin teh mail just like Princess with those "infamous" member cards and mailings!

Old July 31st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

cruzfvr, Thanks for the updates, it's so much fun reading them since we're leaving in 2 weeks. I have one question for now, where have you found the best place to exchange money? On our first two trips we exchanged at LAX, then found out that wasn't a good idea. Your input is greatly appreciated, as well as any other tips you have found useful.
Keep on enjoying your trip in Paradise, don't you think FP is the most beautiful place on earth?
Thank you!
Renaissance 4,Tahiti-8/01
Tahitian Princess,Tahiti/Cook Islands-8/04
Tahitian Princess,Tahiti/Hawaii-7/06
Sapphire Princess,Mexican Riviera-4/4-4/11/09
Moorea Island, 3 weeks Club Bali Hai(our island home) - 8/09
Moorea and Tikehau, 4 weeks - 7/11-8/11