Bringing your own alcohol on board (not wine or champange) - is it acceptable?

JimandLouise

Is bringing alcohol onboard (other than wine and champange) acceptable?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Is bringing alcohol onboard (other than wine and champange) acceptable?

• Yes, its acceptable.
    • I go outside the guidelines occasionally, but I don't push it.
    • If the Cruise Line doesn't stock my favourite drink, then I'll bring it myself.
    • No, I don't do it myself - but if others want to - thats fine with me.
    • No, I think when people bring their own alcohol it pushes up prices onboard the ship.
    • Other.

Hi,

I'd be interested to know people's opinions on bringing alcohol onto the ship. Princess guidelines specifically state that wine and champange are fine, but they 'kindly request' that passengers don't bring any other alcohol.

So, do you think it is acceptable to bring other alcohol onboard?

• Yes, its acceptable.
  • I go outside the guidelines occasionally, but I don't push it.
  • If the Cruise Line doesn't stock my favourite drink, then I'll bring it myself.
  • No, I don't do it myself - but if others want to - thats fine with me.
  • No, I think that people bringing their own alcohol onboard makes the drinks I purchase onboard more expensive.
  • Other

we do it - not because we are cheap, but the size of the Princess drinks leaves much to be desired unless you make friends with a bartender at one of the bars. I do think that, in the future, I will order a bottle of Vodka to my room - the price of there premium vodkas is not bad - usually I drink the cheap stuff, but when you are on a cruise - GO FOR THE MAX!!!

HR.. Wrong on the Royal Salute.. They both stock it in the bars and you can buy it to take home.. I think it was in the mid $80's but cannot remember.. You can also buy Johnny Walker Blue. It was over a hundred.. :)

LARGIN...You can't buy the Blue Full bottle in wrapped velvet last time I was on the Star in April...news too me my friend!...who told you this?...If so I would welcome it so I don't have to lug 2 bottles with me all the time!

Dunno about the Star but if you love scotch go on the Regal Princess. If they have not changed it from 2002, the Bengal bar on the Regal has 100's of different bottles of scotch wall high. They use a library ladder to travese fom one side to the other. They have a great assortment of Single Malts.. I prefer the mid-priced Port Wood Finish Glenmorange Single Malt Scotch. You can buy it locally for around $45-$50. I will be taking a bottle with me on my upcoming cruise.

I went to a local pub a week or so ago and they didn't carry my favorite beer so the next time I went I brought my favorite beer with me. Even tho I ordered food from their menu they still kicked me out. Some nerve!

I went to a local pub a week or so ago and they didn't carry my favorite beer so the next time I went I brought my favorite beer with me. Even tho I ordered food from their menu they still kicked me out. Some nerve!

Perhaps you should have given half to the pub owner as a gift to try.. :)

It still baffles me why people would carry on liquor if a bottle can be purhcased on board from Princess cheaper.

Scott

If they had my scotch I would buy it..

I do enjoy a "Goose" before dinner and since they have it onboard, my bottle stays home..

I wish I could buy "Goose" at home for the price Princess sells it!!

Scott

If you have a Costco near, the price is pretty close.. When I return from my 9/4 cruise I will post the onboard liquor prices..

I usally bring our own liquor to enjoy while in our cabin. This will be our first Princess cruise and I am aware we can order our liquor through room service. This is something other cruise lines don't offer.

Regardless of how much we carry on, we always end up with a bar tab. The cruise lines do not lose money from consumers brining thier own booze.

Plus, they don't have some liquors or beers in which we perfer.

Also - why would anyone pay $4 - 5 for a Redbull?? We buy in bulk at Sam's. One of our favorites (Jager-Bombs)

Kodiac :)

Archived