Change in air carrier

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:51 PM.
#1
Staten Island, NY
1,346 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We had received info on our air arrangements (Air France from Newark) for our Insignia Cruise from our TA a couple of months ago. We made seating and other arrangements at that time. We just happened to call the airline about another matter and learned that Oceania switched us to KLM, different departure time, longer layover, etc. We had to get seat assignments all over again. Have not received our travel documents yet for Aug. 30th departure, so except for that phone call, we would not have known about the change. Has anyone else had this experience?
#2
Laguna Woods , Ca
54 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Wow this is troublesome! Have not received the final verification either.Were supposed to be on Lufthansa and wonder where we will end up.We are on the same trip. Elyilona
#3
Staten Island, NY
1,346 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Elyilona
Wow this is troublesome! Have not received the final verification either.Were supposed to be on Lufthansa and wonder where we will end up.We are on the same trip. Elyilona
I see that you're from Staten Island....so are we. You would think we would be on the same flight. You can e-mail us at [email protected] and we can compare notes.
#4
5,387 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Oceania does not guarantee your flights until you receive your final documents..and I do believe that is printed in their brochure..
Jan
*************
#6
Channel Islands Beach, Calif.
2,837 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by digby
This is an example of another reason why I always arrange my own air travel.
I am with you on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
IF THE SHOE FITS......BUY THEM IN EVERY COLOR
#7
New York, NY
21,021 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by loum140
We had received info on our air arrangements (Air France from Newark) for our Insignia Cruise from our TA a couple of months ago. We made seating and other arrangements at that time. We just happened to call the airline about another matter and learned that Oceania switched us to KLM, different departure time, longer layover, etc. We had to get seat assignments all over again. Have not received our travel documents yet for Aug. 30th departure, so except for that phone call, we would not have known about the change. Has anyone else had this experience?
hello Louis it is still hard to beat free air
#8
Palm Springs, CA USA
32 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
We were originally scheduled on Delta Aug 30th from LA to Cinncinati to JFK to Venice but just received final docs and now fly Delta LA to JFK to Venice but return is on Lufthansa Athens to Munich to LA!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
always in harmony
#9
Fox Point, WI, USA
3,511 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
We've had airlines make significant changes in our flights even when we booked the flights ourselves--so it's no guarantee.
#10
Staten Island, NY
1,346 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thanks to all for sharing. We have not received our cruise documents, so my anxiety level is a bit high.
#11
San Francisco, CA USA
1,492 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by Andee
We've had airlines make significant changes in our flights even when we booked the flights ourselves--so it's no guarantee.

Some times that will happen cruise or no cruise, but I feel you have much more control of the situation. Also it is far easier to us FF miles to upgrade.
#12
newport beach, ca 92660 usa
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by mygalsal
We were originally scheduled on Delta Aug 30th from LA to Cinncinati to JFK to Venice but just received final docs and now fly Delta LA to JFK to Venice but return is on Lufthansa Athens to Munich to LA!
We were also changed from the Cincinatti connection and are on the 8:00 flight to JFK. Lots better than departing at 6:26 am. We'll look for you. Stan and Marilyn Crandon.
#13
Palm Springs, CA USA
32 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by scran97
We were also changed from the Cincinatti connection and are on the 8:00 flight to JFK. Lots better than departing at 6:26 am. We'll look for you. Stan and Marilyn Crandon.
We were wondering if anyone else was on the same flight - agree with you about leaving at 8 instead of 6:26! Still, we have to be picked up at 4:15am
by the shuttle service!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
always in harmony
#14
Palm Springs, CA USA
32 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by mygalsal
We were wondering if anyone else was on the same flight - agree with you about leaving at 8 instead of 6:26! Still, we have to be picked up at 4:15am
by the shuttle service!
Scran 97 - just noticed you are in newport beach area - thats where we are leaving from tho we live in Palm Springs too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
always in harmony
#15
Redding, CA
57 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
We too had an unexpected and unpleasant change in air arrangements. We paid the deviation and were given our flights approximately 6 months prior to our scheduled sailing and were etremely pleased with our flights. After we paid our final payment we received a copy of our invoice that showed our departure flight on the wrong date. We had copies of e-mails to the air desk that showed that WE had not made a mistake. When Oceania corrected the departure date our flight was changed from a KLM non-stop San Francisco to Amsterdam to a one stop Northwest with change of planes in Memphis. I could live with a change of carrier and one extra stop but our departure time was moved up 4 hours earlier and our connection in Memphis is only 45 minutes which makes me nervous. Our TA had repeated attempts to try to get us something better but Oceania blamed the airline for the error in departure dates and change of flights and wouldn't do anything to try to help. Live and learn! I always make my own air arrangements but this time since the air was included and I booked and received flights I liked so far in advance I thought all was ok. Besides, the cost for an open jaw flight from the west coast was more expensive than the rebate Oceania would have given and there were 3 of us. In hindsight, the extra amount I will now have to pay to stay at an airport hotel before the flight and might lose for a missed first night at my destination because of the 45 minute connection will be more than I would have had to pay taking the air refund and booking my own flights. I know all the carriers have the right to change but when you're dealing through so many layers ie TA, cruise line, air deviation desk and airline a lot more can go wrong and is almost impossible to correct. I know all will probably turn out ok, I'm just glad we're going 3 days before our cruise.
#16
5,387 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Mygalsal, We live in Palm Desert in the winter!!!

Carolyn,
I would insist your TA have Oceania do something about your tickets..you paid $50 for the flights you wanted and I dont believe a 45 minute connection is legal..Have her call ahain!!
Jan
*************