Have you been to "Google Maps" yet?

Are we there yet?

I just tried this and am so excited that I can almost see people (not quite, but you can make out cars).

Just go to google maps, scroll over French Polynesia, and then click on satellite in the right hand corner. Keep scrolling until you can see buildings and cars, then click, hold and move the mouse to go around the islands. Just amazing!!!

It' pretty cool, isn't it? My DH sets up a little show by which we travel to each of our ports of call. We've even used it to check out hotels and their grounds. What did we do without the Internet?

Charlie

Very cool! That is what I have been doing......checking out the hotels and wondering which bungalow they are putting us in. I can't imagine planning a trip now without the internet.:eek:

I just tried this and am so excited that I can almost see people (not quite, but you can make out cars).

Just go to google maps, scroll over French Polynesia, and then click on satellite in the right hand corner. Keep scrolling until you can see buildings and cars, then click, hold and move the mouse to go around the islands. Just amazing!!!

If you like Google Maps, you will really like Google Earth. You need to download the program (from Google) but it offers many more features.

If you like Google Maps, you will really like Google Earth. You need to download the program (from Google) but it offers many more features.

Kane, thank you so much.:) Believe it or not we already had it downloaded (my kids) and I didn't know it. I was just getting my son to help me with it and he told me we had it. You're right about it being better, and I love that it gives you pictures to click on. :D

Archived