Why is Kaptian Khlebnikov in the " Paperless embarkation" drop down list????

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:48 AM.
Dallas,Texas usa
739 Posts
Joined May 2000
When I was updating my cruise information on the "Documents to Board" section of the Celebrity website, I noticed that the name Kapitan Khlebnikov was on the dropdown menu with all the Celebrity ship names. Why?????
Moorpark, CA
3,964 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
I believe it is one of the new Xpedition cruise offerings, to Antartica and also the Artic.

Originally posted by tromvest
When I was updating my cruise information on the "Documents to Board" section of the Celebrity website, I noticed that the name Kapitan Khlebnikov was on the dropdown menu with all the Celebrity ship names. Why?????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill

---------
"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

---------

My personal Vacation Pix

Moorpark, CA
3,964 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Well, I don't think it is a new ship, but a new group of cruise offerings by Celebrity. You can go to Celebrity's website and get details on these new offerings. It is right on their home page.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill

---------
"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

---------

My personal Vacation Pix

Fort Lauderdale, FL
4,500 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
The Khlebnikov is not owned by Celebrity, it is chartered by Celebrity to do the arctic cruises, since that is what the ship already does and has been doing for some time.

It's part of the Xpeditions branding...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Matt

PAST SHIPS: Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Tropicale-RSVP, Caribbean Princess-RSVP, Celebrity Century, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Silhouette, Diamond Princess, Empress of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Eurodam-RSVP, Explorer of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x3), Liberty of the Seas (x2), Majesty of the Seas (x14), Monarch of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas (x2), Norwegian Star, Oasis of the Seas, Queen of Bermuda (my very first, almost last), Queen Elizabeth 2, Queen Mary 2 (x2), Radiance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Westerdam-RSVP, Zuiderdam-RSVP.

NEXT TRIPS:
No. 51 - Independence, Thanksgiving 2017

Some Reviews:
Anthem 3/16:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324527
Allure Star Class Genie Review 5/16: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361632
Empress Review 9/16: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2405227