Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Grand Turk

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question walk from Governers beach to town??

Were going to be in G/T next monday and was wondering if we took a cab from the port to governers beach for a few hours if we could walk from there into Cockburn for lunch, at I think it's called Waterside or something like that, would it be a far walk? and if anyone has ate or drank there is it a good place to kick back and enjoy atmosphere and view for a bit? do they have conch also? thanks so much

Old January 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi:
My Sister In Law has been diving in Grand Turk before and she told me that is too far away (and hot) to walk to town, but you could take a taxi or rent a scooter outside the Cruise Center.

You probably meant "The Water's Edge", which is a restaurant that is currently closed but she recommended me "Turk's Head" as the best restaurant in town, although the view is better from "Ospreach Restaurant" or something like that.

I will be there next week, so I will be able to tell you more.

By the way, Do you know how much are the helicopter rides?
I have done it in Vegas and Grand Cayman and it's awesome. I will try to see some whales, since we will be there for the Humpback Whales Season and there is a good chance to see them from the air.

Enjoy your trip!

Old January 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default thank you so much

Its a shame about The Waters Edge being closed, do you know why? But o-well I will look for Turks Head for sure, is it in town also? I did not know it was whale season, now I'm more excited, thanks lol cant wait. Sorry I dont know about the helicoptor rides there, this will be our first time but that does sound like a blast.thank you so much for the reply and you enjoy your trip to, I'll toast you at the bar from the beach