Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old January 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kriwitsky View Post
If RCCL increases the amount of Cruises needed to obtain Platinum, Diamond & Diamond Plus. Would you stay loyal, branch off and cruise other lines, or stop cruising them altogether. Rumor has it that their going to raise the bar. 25 to make Diamond, 50 for Diamond Plus. Lets hear it folks, bad or good!!!!
I cruise RCI because of the ships mainly. While the increase in Diamond most likely won't affect me I still would cruise with RCI.

They definitely should change this crap about wives and husbands though (and any other family member) reaching Diamond status because of someone else (if true). This is a slap in the face of those who cruise and earn those benefits.

If the new levels are really implemented the unfairness would be even greater.

Old January 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCruiser View Post
I guess anything is possible with RCCL so far as changing the rules for the C&A, here's something that was posted in another thread. Not saying it can't happen, but here's RCCL's position on the matter today:

RE: Advancing to the next level

Dear William,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. The Crown & Anchor Society does not plan to make any changes to our tier structure at this time. Your membership in the Crown & Anchor Society is determined by how many cruise credits you earn with Royal Caribbean International. Your membership status will advance through the program with each qualifying cruise you complete. (Please note: your membership number will not change.) Advancement through the different tier levels is as follows:

Gold after earning your 1st cruise credit
Platinum after earning your 5th cruise credit
Diamond after earning your 10th cruise credit
Diamond Plus after earning your 24th cruise credit

To review benefits, for each level, please visit the Crown & Anchor Society section of www.royalcaribbean.com/crownandanchor.

Remember to always provide your Crown & Anchor Society membership numbers when booking a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation. To receive credit for your cruise and to receive your onboard benefits, your Crown & Anchor Society membership numbers must be added to your reservation prior to sailing.

William, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon

Sincerely,

LeAnn Eckerman
Crown & Anchor Society
Tell LeAnn that the highlighted quote is such a garbage.

Old January 30th, 2008, 11:02 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
]I'm sorry, the dead horse has been very busy in the fuel surcharge thread. The dead horse may not be able to get to this thread for quite some time. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Sincerely,
Administrative Assistant for The Dead Horse
"If you'll all allow me a few more drinks, I'll soon be feet-up and I can fill in for my friend, the dead horse. Please use a foam bat".

Last edited by sea-cruise; March 20th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Old January 30th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-cruise View Post
"If you'll all allow me a few more drinks, I'll soon be feet-up and I can fill in for my friend, the dead horse. Please use a foam bat".

Or a hammer.

Old January 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&JCruiseAway View Post
Or a hammer.
AHAHA! Don't forget, Kanga will be passed out, but not dead, so he hopes the hammer is foam!

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just called and spoke to Jessica there and she said she hasn't heard of anything, but that she had read this thread and just laughed. She did say IF anything were to happen/change, current C&A members would be warned. So.... take it for what it's worth I guess.
-Gandhi

*Vision of the Seas (Mexican Riviera) 1/10
*Mariner of the Seas (Mexican Riviera) 6/09
*Vision of the Seas (Mexican Riviera) 1/09
*Enchantment of the Seas (W. Caribbean) 09/08
*Enchantment of the Seas (W. Caribbean) 05/08
*Vision of the Seas (Mexican Riviera) 01/08
*Splendour of the Seas (Greek Isles) 06/07
*Granduer of the Seas (W. Caribbean) 01/07
*Carnival Holiday (W. Caribbean) 06/04

Old February 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
20,000+ Club

I'm glad no changes yet...I'm going in April...
but it would be nice if everything remained the same....
that would be my wish...for all of us.

Old February 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Response From C & A

I just received an e-mail regarding the Loyalty Program

RE: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We understand your concern regarding what you have heard, however, we do not currently have any changes scheduled. We will be sure to note your thoughts about this on our member survey so the proper personnel are aware should this change ever be considered.

Robert, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Scott
Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday
(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)
Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com
E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com
Write us: Crown & Anchor Society
P.O. Box 026053
Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

[THREAD ID:1-5953A4]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 1/30/2008 08:55:22 AM
To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>
Subject: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program( ATTN: Management Team)

Dear Crown & Anchor Corporate Management: I have be told that requirements to obtain the level of Diamond & Diamond Plus, are going to be raised to 25 & 50 respectfully. The reason I am contacting your office, is to find out if there is any truth to this information. I would appreciate a formal response. I am well aware of the current requirements, to reach the different levels. I would appreciate, more than a canned response to my question. I have been a loyal customer of RCCL. I currently have one cruise reservation. I am planning to book, two more in the very near future. This will have an impact, on whether I book the future cruises with RCCL. Thank you in advance for you attention to this matter. Sincerely Robert Kriwitsky Crown & Anchor Membership #*********

Old February 7th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64 View Post
I cruise RCI because of the ships mainly. While the increase in Diamond most likely won't affect me I still would cruise with RCI.

They definitely should change this crap about wives and husbands though (and any other family member) reaching Diamond status because of someone else (if true). This is a slap in the face of those who cruise and earn those benefits.

If the new levels are really implemented the unfairness would be even greater.
Its definitely true. I enrolled my kids in the C&A program last month and just received their cards today and they are Diamond members same as me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kriwitsky View Post
I just received an e-mail regarding the Loyalty Program

RE: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We understand your concern regarding what you have heard, however, we do not currently have any changes scheduled. We will be sure to note your thoughts about this on our member survey so the proper personnel are aware should this change ever be considered.

Robert, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Scott
Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday
(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)
Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com
E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com
Write us: Crown & Anchor Society
P.O. Box 026053
Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

[THREAD ID:1-5953A4]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 1/30/2008 08:55:22 AM
To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>
Subject: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program( ATTN: Management Team)

Dear Crown & Anchor Corporate Management: I have be told that requirements to obtain the level of Diamond & Diamond Plus, are going to be raised to 25 & 50 respectfully. The reason I am contacting your office, is to find out if there is any truth to this information. I would appreciate a formal response. I am well aware of the current requirements, to reach the different levels. I would appreciate, more than a canned response to my question. I have been a loyal customer of RCCL. I currently have one cruise reservation. I am planning to book, two more in the very near future. This will have an impact, on whether I book the future cruises with RCCL. Thank you in advance for you attention to this matter. Sincerely Robert Kriwitsky Crown & Anchor Membership #*********
I really don't see the point in emailing the C&A dept of RCI as they are not going to say that there are changes until its officially announced. Most likely no one in the C&A dept will know of any changes until they receive a memo from head office saying otherwise. The people in the know will not give out this information either until its time to let the cat out of the bag!

Old February 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

i just got off the sovereign this week and i asked the loyalty ambassador, who i cant remember her name for the life of me, and she said that she has not even heard of a hint of a change, and she said IF THERE WERE TO BE A CHANGE, IT WOULD MORE THEN LIKELY TAKE EFFECT AT THE BEGINNING OF A NEW YR......therefore since it is feb and nothing yet....we have atleast another yr to not worry...

greg
GRANDEUR OTS 01/06 4-NIGHT COZUMEL
RADIANCE OTS 10/06 6-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 4/07 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS
GRANDEUR OTS 12/07 5-NIGHT WEST CARIB.
SOVEREIGN OTS 2/08 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS
MARINER OTS 9/08 7-NIGHT EAST CARIB.(HONEYMOON)
MONARCH OTS 11/11 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS

43 NIGHTS AT SEA...THANKS TO RCCL'S NEW LOYALTY PROGRAM, WE ARE NOW DIAMOND W/ 86 CRUISE POINTS....

UPCOMING CRUISES:
1-NEXT CRUISE OPTION

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
5,000+ Club

Location: Coastal Ocean County-Jersey Shore "Jersey Strong !!!"
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlguy View Post
We were told on our recent Navigator cruise by a high level source that the loyalty program would soon be changing. The new level to attain Diamond status will be 25. We were also told the level would be raised to 50 to reach Diamond Plus. These changes have already been decided and it's just a matter of time before they are officially announced. Probably weeks rather than months. It's not surprising considering the Concierge Lounges are becoming unusable due to overcrowding.
I guess it will be later than sooner, Another rumor hits a dead end

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRELT5 View Post
I guess it will be later than sooner, Another rumor hits a dead end
You probably should have let it die a natural death. Now, I fear, rumors will resurface and once again run rampant.

Bill & Rita

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
5,000+ Club

Location: Coastal Ocean County-Jersey Shore "Jersey Strong !!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by negc View Post
You probably should have let it die a natural death. Now, I fear, rumors will resurface and once again run rampant.
lol, The boards are caught up with the Genesis project and the Fuel surcharge adjustments for the moment.

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
5,000+ Club

Well, if we are now given envelopes to give a gratuity to the concierge wouldn't that fall under "change to the loyalty" program? If they've had their wages cut and we are expected to pick up the shortfall doesn't that now mean we are starting to pay for the perks????????

Don't get me wrong, we do give a gratuity to the concierge as long as he/she has done something for us.

Marilyn

CHARTER MEMBER MFPPP CLUB 2006
PROUD CHARTER MEMBER OF THE NOOTS
Proud member of F.R.E.D, Club, Fun, Relax, Eat, Drink

Cunard - various ships over many years,

Royal Caribbean
Song of America, Grandeur of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas (second time), Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (second time), Independence of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas (second time),Jewel of the Seas

Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millinneum, Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflections

NCL Dreamward,

Princess Tahitian Princess, Emerald Princess

Carnival Triumph,

Uniworld River Dutchess

HAL Zuiderdam,

Azamara Journey

Upcoming: Celebrity Solstice, RCL Oasis and RCL Quantum

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

I talked to one of the Executives/ Supervisors of the Crown and Anchor Society several weeks ago. I received a response stating that changes would not be occurring during the 2008 cruising year.

Last edited by RCCLCARIB; March 17th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Old March 17th, 2008, 08:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Well, I've been there, done that over the argument about D/D+ vs Suite guests and who has more "rights" to the CL. I had a knock-down, drag-out, spitting teeth with someone on this board about 2 years ago about this. I told the person I would put my 30+ years of cruise payments vs his couple of suites any time.

I also didn't have any problem at all with the overflow lounges, as they were bigger and less crowded.

We always tipped our concierge, usually every night, and then again at the end of the cruise.

I have to smile at the "obnoxious" repartee going on here: if those folks were in the Windjammer, we would think them rude and obnoxious cruisers, but because they are seen in the CL they are labeled first because of that status. I agree: no matter where they are, they are obnoxious, and it's got nothing to do with how many cruises they've taken. These are the same people that shove ahead of you in a line, ignore you getting out of an elevator, talk loudly in the shows, etc.

I really hope the change in the number of cruises required isn't so, but I didn't have the time to read all 11 pages of this thread. We have our 25th credit coming exactly a year from now, so we will stay Diamond and not make D+ pretty much forever!

IT'S BEEN 40 YEARS SINCE WE SET FOOT ON THE NORDIC PRINCE: Still having fun after all these years......thank you RCCL!!

Our virgin "DAM" cruise 4/13/14

My avatar: the mountains in the Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area in China

Old March 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

I do hope any changes don't come this year. We will be Diamond after our August cruise. Regarding the issue of fairness if a husband and wife are at different levels, I don't think that could change. They would be staying in the same cabin, so they would get the discount, and it wouldn't fly if a husband could go to the CL and the wife could not!

I'm also glad that they now have C&A for kids. It makes sense and drives loyalty at a young age.

The C&A perks are one reason we stay with RCI. I know that Carnival many times is much cheaper for the same routes and ports. The extras we get help us justify the increase cruise fare.

Sovereign of the Seas—July 2000
Grandeur of the Seas—March 2003
Adventure of the Seas—Feb 2004
Mariner of the Seas—May 2005
Rhapsody of the Seas—April 2006
Freedom of the Seas—Feb 2007
Voyager of the Seas—March 2008
Adventure of the Seas- August 2008
Serenade of the Seas- May 2011
Voyager of the Seas- March 2012

Old March 17th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCLCARIB View Post
I talked to one of the Executives/ Supervisors of the Crown and Anchor Society several weeks ago. I received a response stating that changes would not be occurring during the 2008 cruising year.
In other words, they'll be implemented on January '09 . . .

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinGold View Post
In other words, they'll be implemented on January '09 . . .
You're probably right. And that means Hubby and I will be Diamond for life, because we'll be ancient by the time we complete fifty cruises for the new Diamond Plus. So if we find a non-RCI ship or itinerary that is pleasing to us, we might as well take it because we really won't ever be able to climb any higher in Crown and Anchor than we are already.

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnees View Post
Well, if we are now given envelopes to give a gratuity to the concierge wouldn't that fall under "change to the loyalty" program? If they've had their wages cut and we are expected to pick up the shortfall doesn't that now mean we are starting to pay for the perks????????

Don't get me wrong, we do give a gratuity to the concierge as long as he/she has done something for us.

Marilyn

Oh please don't make me go back to the beginning. I've subscribed to this thread and thought I kept up. Even seach this thread is broken. When did the gratuity envelope conversation come up? Did I miss this? We always tip the concierge and the assistants, I just didn't see where the envelope thing was mentioned. Or perhaps did part of this thread disappear?