Liquor from room service

cruisejunkie

I ordered liquor to be in our cabin upon arrival. Brands like Smirnoff and J&B were $40 each.

do you remember how you ordered it? $40 is still less than buying by the drink: I would rather not try to smuggle it on and we love a drink while getting ready for dinner or watching TV.

Thanks a bunch,

Nita

do you remember how you ordered it? $40 is still less than buying by the drink...
We just arranged for a liter of Bacardi Anejo Rum ($58 including service charge) to be waiting for us in our cabin. We simply phoned NCL customer service and ordered up what NCL calls a "Bar Set-up". We paid via credit card and they immediately e-mailed us a confirmation of the order. They stated on the confirmation that our order would be sent to the POA a couple of days prior to sailing. We have our fingers crossed!:D BTW, this NCL customer service experience was impressive -- no time on hold, pleasant and efficient service, immediate e-mail response!:eek: Although $58 seems a lot to pay for a liter of booze, our Oregon State regulated liquor prices are horrendously high, so that offsets things a little bit for us. In any event, we're with you Nita, there's nothing like relaxing on the balcony with a cool one that you mixed yourself!:D

Craig

I ordered liquor to be in our cabin upon arrival. Brands like Smirnoff and J&B were $40 each.

Just got off the phone with NCL cause I thought this sounded like a great idea. I was told that this was NEVER done. Is this another instance of "calling till you get the answer you want"?

Just a quick comment.. Isn't cruise critic great? Not only do you get a number of informed answers, but you get the fax number of the contact person..... Thanks oppgaard... This is why TA's are almost extinct....

Chris Connolly <=== Thinks you should call your TA and try to get this level of service

This can be done! We ordered ours through the reservation desk and the hospitality desk. We ordered Scotch and wine and one was ordered through one desk and the other, the other desk. Can't remember which was which but they charged our credit card and we received e-mail confirmation within 2 days. We have never had problems calling NCL. Sorry so many people have had a different experience.

Happy sailing!

Sue

They indicated it was in the $40 range for a liter of rum.
Apparently, they feel $55 per liter plus a $3 service charge is in the $40 range.:confused: We were told on two separate occasions that they offer two rums for a bar set-up. You have a choice of either Bacardi Black Label or Bacardi Anejo (same price).

Craig

I ordered a bottle of bourbon and it was $40 for whatever brand I ordered which I can't remember.

By the way, I am a TA but feel that it is good that everyone know as much as possible when they cruise. I encourage my clients to sign up on cruise critic whereas other TA's don't want their clients to know anything about it.

Does anyone know if this can be done after we board the ship, or does it have to be done earlier?

Doug

We'd heard from others on the NCL board that NCL will not sell you liquor by the bottle after you have boarded the ship. So, we asked two different NCL customer service agents and they confirmed this. NCL customer service is not famous for giving out accurate information over the phone, but I think it is a safe bet that if you want to avoid smuggling your liquor onboard, you'll have to purchase it from NCL sometime before your cruise.

Craig

Archived