Corkage fee on in-room gift wine?

ParrotheadMel

Trivial question, but I'm curious

If I order a bottle of wine thru Carnival's Gifts to be delivered to our room upon embarkation, and I take it to the Dining Room for dinner, will I still be charged the $10 corkage fee? The Dining Room wouldn't know whether I brought it from home or purchased from Carnival. If that's the case, I may as well just order the bottle at dinner, but I thought it would be cool to have 1 or 2 bottles waiting in our room upon arrival...

I don't know about carnival but I know we werent charged a corkage fee on RCI. But this is a good question. And you would think that they wouldn't charge on a bottle of wine that you bought from them. That is what the corkage fee is about. To recover any losses since people did not buy their wine from the ship but brought it on with them.

Lisa :cool:

No they don't charge a fee if purchased thru Carnival. My husband's boss had a bottle sent to our room when we boarded. We brought it to the dining room and the waiter said he knew it was from Carnival by the brand. But there was also a receipt in the cabin saying who had sent it to us and you could always bring that to the dining room if you needed to prove where it came from. Hope this helps.

Jen

During my 2001 cruise, the purser's desk sent me a bottle of champagne to my cabin one night after I had experienced a few problems with my "neighbors". I took the bottle to dinner the last night of the cruise and shared it with my tablemates. I don't know if our waiter heard me telling my tablemates about how I got the champagne or not but I wasn't charged a corkage fee.

We used 700 carnival credit card points to buy a bottle of champagne (it was Korbell). We took it to the Emerald Room and told them it was from CCL, but that our cabin person through away the note that came with it (that was the truth). They opened it for us for free.

Archived