Talk about ultra luxury Cruise!

Jgomez65

Hey, how about this cruise: 108 days, visiting 42 ports in 26 countries on five continents.

The price tag? $53,745 for a 295-square foot Category A suite to $254,745 for a Grand Suite measuring 1,135 square feet, with three private verandas (price is per person on double occupancy cabin)

Here is all the information on this ultimate cruise

<!-- / message -->

Can you imangine... Not that I could ever afford that, but when you think about it.... At the 54K range we are talking arounf 500.00 per person per day, and if compared to a five star hotel, add in upscale dining, it is not out of the question for someone of means...

Look at it this way: Crystal's current world cruise costs $250,000 per person for their Crystal Penthouse. I cannot imagine a half a million for a couple. That would buy two houses for most people. For the lowest category cabin, without balcony, the cost is nearly $50K.

But, you cannot beat the food and service on Seabourn. I've done 5 cruises on Seabourn ships and it's by far the best. And, Seabourn cruises are all inclusive, so no bar bills. And, they include many shore excursions, so that saves a lot of money.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you imangine... Not that I could ever afford that, but when you think about it.... At the 54K range we are talking arounf 500.00 per person per day, and if compared to a five star hotel, add in upscale dining, it is not out of the question for someone of means...

Isn't $500 or more per day about the going rate for luxuary lines? If I find one for $350 or so on Silversea, I get excited. I just wish I could take the time to go on a world cruise, or you are right, my daughter might want the money to pay off her mortgage.

• 2 weeks later...
108 days on a ship, I don't think so. One or two weeks is great, but FIFTEEN weeks sounds like a jail sentence.

That would be a VERY NICE prison.

I used to spend lots of time on a tugboat. It can get a little close from time to time, especially in the winter when you can't spend your free time on deck without FREEZING.:o

108 days on a ship, I don't think so. One or two weeks is great, but FIFTEEN weeks sounds like a jail sentence.

My wife and I have been fortunate to have taken World Cruises in 2007 and 2008. Each one was approximately 108 days in length. It was a wonderful opportunity for us. Many years ago when someone mentioned the idea of a world cruise we too wondered how one could stay on a ship for so long. So, prior to this we went on a ship for about 30 days and enjoyed it so much that we made the decision to take a world cruise. Words cannot truly describe what a wonderful experience this was. Rather than thinking of it as a cruise, it was an adventure.

Keith

Hi Keith -

We agree with you ... 108 sounds wonderful. As you can see from our signature, we are working our way up to a world cruise.

28 days around So. America was fantastic. Now, we are excited about our 35-day cruise this summer.

And, we are looking into 50 and 60 day cruises for next year! Within a few years we will be ready for that 108-day voyage!

Isn't retirement great?? We love it ... and cruising makes it so much better!

-Liz

Archived