Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Luxury Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Luxury Cruising Is it a state of mind?

Discussion to include, but not limited to: Abercrombie & Kent • American Safari • Aqua Expeditions • Azamara • Bora Bora Cruises • Compagnie du Ponant • Cruise Asia Ltd. • Crystal • Cunard • French Country Waterways • Go Barging • Hapag-Lloyd • Hebridean • Heritage Line • Lindblad Expeditions • Oberoi Group • Oceania • Orion Expedition Cruises • Paul Gauguin Cruises • Regent Seven Seas • Sea Cloud Cruises • Seabourn • SeaDream • Silversea • Star Clippers • Travel Dynamics • Uniworld • Windstar

Old February 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Talk about ultra luxury Cruise!

Hey, how about this cruise: 108 days, visiting 42 ports in 26 countries on five continents.
The price tag? $53,745 for a 295-square foot Category A suite to $254,745 for a Grand Suite measuring 1,135 square feet, with three private verandas (price is per person on double occupancy cabin)

Here is all the information on this ultimate cruise

Old February 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
5,000+ Club

Can you imangine... Not that I could ever afford that, but when you think about it.... At the 54K range we are talking arounf 500.00 per person per day, and if compared to a five star hotel, add in upscale dining, it is not out of the question for someone of means...

Old February 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
20,000+ Club

Look at it this way: Crystal's current world cruise costs $250,000 per person for their Crystal Penthouse. I cannot imagine a half a million for a couple. That would buy two houses for most people. For the lowest category cabin, without balcony, the cost is nearly $50K.

But, you cannot beat the food and service on Seabourn. I've done 5 cruises on Seabourn ships and it's by far the best. And, Seabourn cruises are all inclusive, so no bar bills. And, they include many shore excursions, so that saves a lot of money.

Old May 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

108 days on a ship, I don't think so. One or two weeks is great, but FIFTEEN weeks sounds like a jail sentence.

Old May 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
50,000+ Club

I have to agree--that's waaaay too much of a good thing!

Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothdancer View Post
Can you imangine... Not that I could ever afford that, but when you think about it.... At the 54K range we are talking arounf 500.00 per person per day, and if compared to a five star hotel, add in upscale dining, it is not out of the question for someone of means...
Isn't $500 or more per day about the going rate for luxuary lines? If I find one for $350 or so on Silversea, I get excited. I just wish I could take the time to go on a world cruise, or you are right, my daughter might want the money to pay off her mortgage.

Last edited by simonv; May 23rd, 2008 at 11:03 AM.

Old June 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Ranger View Post
108 days on a ship, I don't think so. One or two weeks is great, but FIFTEEN weeks sounds like a jail sentence.
That would be a VERY NICE prison.

I used to spend lots of time on a tugboat. It can get a little close from time to time, especially in the winter when you can't spend your free time on deck without FREEZING.

Old June 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Ranger View Post
My wife and I have been fortunate to have taken World Cruises in 2007 and 2008. Each one was approximately 108 days in length. It was a wonderful opportunity for us. Many years ago when someone mentioned the idea of a world cruise we too wondered how one could stay on a ship for so long. So, prior to this we went on a ship for about 30 days and enjoyed it so much that we made the decision to take a world cruise. Words cannot truly describe what a wonderful experience this was. Rather than thinking of it as a cruise, it was an adventure.

Keith

Old June 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Not too long

Hi Keith -

We agree with you ... 108 sounds wonderful. As you can see from our signature, we are working our way up to a world cruise.

28 days around So. America was fantastic. Now, we are excited about our 35-day cruise this summer.

And, we are looking into 50 and 60 day cruises for next year! Within a few years we will be ready for that 108-day voyage!

Isn't retirement great?? We love it ... and cruising makes it so much better!
-Liz

Anticipating:
Eclipse, Nov. 17, 2012

Previous cruises:
Century, April 20, 2012
Constellation: June 25, July 9 & July 21, 2011
Millennium, 7-02-10
Grandeur of the Seas, 12-7-09
Celebrity Solstice, 12-7-08
HAL Maasdam, 7-5-08 (35 days)
Celebrity Galaxy, 1-14-08
HAL Oosterdam, 8-25-07
Infinity B2B, So. America, 2-25-07 & 3-11-07
NCL Dream, 11-25-06
Freedom of the Seas, 10-15-06 (Cruise Critic 10th anniversary Grand Prize winners!!)
Celebrity Infinity, Dec. '05
Celebrity, Galaxy, Sept. '04
Celebrity, Horizon, Feb. '04
RCL, Rhapsody, Nov. '03
Princess, Sitmar, Paquet, Norwegian American Cruises

Old June 14th, 2008, 05:36 AM
50,000+ Club

Liz, your travel plans sound great and I am sure that you will enjoy the length of time on the cruise. For us, it's been wonderful.

Keith