book: Permanent Passenger: My Life on a Cruise Ship

librarycin

I just finished reading a new book by Micha Berman called Permanent Passenger: My Life on a Cruise Ship. He worked on a ship for Carnival for 11 months in the early 90's.

It's a fun book and interesting to read about some of the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes on. If anyone is interested in reading it, you can order it at lulu.com. Enjoy!!! :)

I just finished reading Jimmy Buffett's "A Salty Piece Of Land", something to get my mind out of the winter blahs here in the midwest & into island mode!

Maybe I should have called the thread "cruise books" or something and we can all recommend books we've read and enjoyed.

I don't know the book you've mentioned. What's it about? I would guess it's set in the Caribbean, but beyond that? Thanks!

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the tip Librarycin! Also a worthy cruise-read is Devils on the Deep Blue Sea by Kristoffer Garin....a history of the cruise industry & very interesting I thought.

I'm just now reading this book. I'm about half way through. It is very interesting! Who knew Carnival almost bought out (right down to the wire!) Royal Caribbean in the late 80's? (Well, I suppose there are probably lots of people here who knew that! ;)) Thank you, cv, for your suggestion.

• 2 months later...

Archived