Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old February 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Best way to travel to LGA from CT with 10 people

Anyone have a suggestion for the easiest way to get 10 people to LGA from Eastern Shorline CT. If we drive we will take two vehicles and need a place to park. What do you guys think. CT Limo want over $800.00 round trip!!! Thats more than my cruise cost for a week!!! We fly out at 5pm Saturday on March 8th.

Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multistrada View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for the easiest way to get 10 people to LGA from Eastern Shorline CT. If we drive we will take two vehicles and need a place to park. What do you guys think. CT Limo want over $800.00 round trip!!! Thats more than my cruise cost for a week!!! We fly out at 5pm Saturday on March 8th.

Thanks!
I think $800.00 is a heck of a bargain. Bus or train service is NOT much cheaper and you will have to figure a taxi from the bus/train terminal to LGA.
The limo is door to door transportation and will be very easy.

Break it down:
Two cars-about $18.00 per day per car for parking (those are the cheapie lots at LGA)-AT LEAST $250 just for parking. NOT counting a couple hundred for gas for both cars RT. AND you have to drive and the wear and tear on your vehicle=figure $.28 cents per mile + driver's wear tear. Not counting the hassle of getting on and off the shuttle buses WITH LUGGAGE to the parking lot.

I think $80.00 per person to get picked up and dropped off in front of the terminal, with no luggage handling is a really decent price. The only thing I question-can the limo hold all 10 people AND luggage??? Please make sure.

Old February 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Best way to travel to LGA from CT with 10 people

I also live in CT and we do one of two things. First and movst obvious get a couple of cars and SUVs and go to long term parking around LGA. Avistar charges about $12/day.

Another approach which we have done quirte succesffully is to do a one way rental from Avis or Hertz and drop off the car at LGA and when you return get another one way rental to s location near your home.

Also private limo services have large vans that are probably cheaper than CT limo.

Old February 16th, 2008, 01:57 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnatt View Post
I also live in CT and we do one of two things. First and movst obvious get a couple of cars and SUVs and go to long term parking around LGA. Avistar charges about $12/day.

Another approach which we have done quirte succesffully is to do a one way rental from Avis or Hertz and drop off the car at LGA and when you return get another one way rental to s location near your home.

Also private limo services have large vans that are probably cheaper than CT limo.
Avistar is considerably more expensive than $12.00 per day. The daily rate, WITH COUPON, is $16.95 + tax. Standard rate is $19.95 per day plus tax.

The weekly rate is $99.00 plus tax WITH COUPON. HOWEVER, if you go over 7 days, you will be charged either for two weeks at the coupon rate OR the daily rate for ALL parking. Corporate accounts and some TA's get a cheaper rate.

The limo/rental van sure sounds like the easiest, least hassle way of getting 10 people there. If it was only 2 or 3 people, drive. But with luggage, you will likely need three vehicles, unless everyone only has carryon or you have LARGE SUV's.