Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

Hi all, I just thought I'd post a thread on Genesis, for those who don't want to look through the large (and relatively off-topic) other Genesis thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the thread, I just want to have a thread that discusses Genesis herself (i.e. speculation, news, ideas, etc).

Personally, I'd like to share a thought I had,

Has anyone noticed the 6 cylindrical shaped objects on the upper pool deck about midship in the Genesis Picture?

I'm guessing it could be similar to Celebrity Solstice's "Entertainment and signature canopies" around the pool area. If you look at picture three http://celebritysolstice.com/#/enter.../onboard/pool/ you'll see the canopies taking place on the top two decks around the pool sides.

If you look at the Genesis Rendering (http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ship...sis_hr_new.jpg) then below the cylinder-shaped objects you'll see some pillars, presumably the dividers between the new canopies?

I'm just getting right into the Genesis mood and just making some guesses after looking at it a little closer. Thoughts?

MC.

Radiance of the Seas-July 2003
Sapphire Princess-February 2006

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Millenium-September 2008

In the planning stage now!

Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
10,000+ Club

I'm thinking that the initial rendering we've seen will be modified soon. From this particular rendering, there's no pronounced promenade deck.

But I do agree, it does appear those cylinder shaped objects may possibly be the same thing as the Solstice.

I, like you, can't wait for additional information to begin circulating.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcruzer View Post
Hi all, I just thought I'd post a thread on Genesis, for those who don't want to look through the large (and relatively off-topic) other Genesis thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the thread, I just want to have a thread that discusses Genesis herself (i.e. speculation, news, ideas, etc).

Has anyone noticed the 6 cylindrical shaped objects on the upper pool deck about midship in the Genesis Picture?

I'm guessing it could be similar to Celebrity Solstice's "Entertainment and signature canopies" around the pool area. If you look at picture three http://celebritysolstice.com/#/enter.../onboard/pool/ you'll see the canopies taking place on the top two decks around the pool sides.

If you look at the Genesis Rendering (http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ship...sis_hr_new.jpg) then below the cylinder-shaped objects you'll see some pillars, presumably the dividers between the new canopies?

I'm just getting right into the Genesis mood and just making some guesses after looking at it a little closer. Thoughts?

MC.
I see there is something up there on the pool deck, lets hope it's something good

I do plan on booking the first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, hope the booking opens up soon so I don't have to do any more guessing

Carol

Plus Member
Member of the Pink Boa Society®

Quantum Launchers International Critters & Pink Boa Society ~ Making the world a smaller place.

Quantum of the Seas.........Nov 2014 Maiden Voyage ~ bringing Quantum across the pond to NYC
Vision of the Seas.............Oct 2015 Mediterranean/Venice ~ Out of Barcelona
Vision of the Seas.............Oct 2015 Transatlantic ~ Barcelona to Tampa FL
Radiance of the Seas.........April 2016 Hawaii to Vancouver ~ 50 Anniversary

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames View Post
I see there is something up there on the pool deck, lets hope it's something good

I do plan on booking the first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, hope the booking opens up soon so I don't have to do any more guessing

Carol

Hey MC & Carol...

When the rendering is enlarge, u can see a "reflection" of the pool deck in the Viking Crown windows. It's driving me nuts trying to make out any details. LOL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have to admit, as frustrating as it may be (at times) the speculating and guessing is half the fun!

I think those canopies might be a fun idea. It'd be a blast booking one with a small group, be like having your own reserved chairs, no matter what. I was just curious to see if anyone thought of what those cylinders also could be.

Good point, I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a pronounced promenade deck-I just presumed it was there.

Speaking of reflections, it looks like there could possibly be a pool in the forward top areas above the bridge, as it looks like a pool reflecting in the glass around there.

As we could already predict, in the reflection you mentioned Tyron, I see green. I'm guessing grass will make it's way to Genesis just as it did on Solstice.

MC

Radiance of the Seas-July 2003
Sapphire Princess-February 2006

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Millenium-September 2008

In the planning stage now!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
Hey MC & Carol...

When the rendering is enlarge, u can see a "reflection" of the pool deck in the Viking Crown windows. It's driving me nuts trying to make out any details. LOL
Tyron, I do see the reflection but I can't make out what is there

Carol

Plus Member

Quantum Launchers International Critters & Pink Boa Society ~ Making the world a smaller place.

Quantum of the Seas.........Nov 2014 Maiden Voyage ~ bringing Quantum across the pond to NYC

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
I have to admit, as frustrating as it may be (at times) the speculating and guessing is half the fun!

I think those canopies might be a fun idea. It'd be a blast booking one with a small group, be like having your own reserved chairs, no matter what. I was just curious to see if anyone thought of what those cylinders also could be.

Good point, I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a pronounced promenade deck-I just presumed it was there.

Speaking of reflections, it looks like there could possibly be a pool in the forward top areas above the bridge, as it looks like a pool reflecting in the glass around there.

As we could already predict, in the reflection you mentioned Tyron, I see green. I'm guessing grass will make it's way to Genesis just as it did on Solstice.

MC

LOL...you're right, speculating is 1/2 the fun then comparing our observations with the actual product when it's revealed.

you're right...there does seem to be a "grassy or green" area in that reflection.

i'm in awe that there are 8 balcony decks.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
10,000+ Club

MC and Tyron, do you both plain on doing the Inaugural cruise on the Genesis?

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Tyron, I do see the reflection but I can't make out what is there

Carol

And it'll drive ya nuts trying to make out what's in the reflection. LOL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
10,000+ Club

Carol, yes, I'll definitely be onboard for the inaugural. I'm really looking forward to it too....this will be my very first inaugural cruise.

Last edited by Tyron; February 22nd, 2008 at 10:25 PM.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
And it'll drive ya nuts trying to make out what's in the reflection. LOL
It's already driving me nuts I'm going to call Emmy and we will look at it togeather and then It will drive her nuts too We will have fun making up things that it could be

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Last edited by flames; February 22nd, 2008 at 10:38 PM.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Carol, yes, I'll definitely be onboard for the inaugural. I'm really looking forward to it too....this will be my very first inaugural cruise.
Tyron, we had fun on the Freedom Inaugural, you should have been there but why don't you get a Pink Polo Shirt and join in the Pink Boa Fun

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
10,000+ Club

Sorry, Double Post

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Last edited by flames; February 22nd, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Sorry, Double Post

Carol

this board has been whacky lately. i'd love to join the PBS on one of your future cruises. you all are a great group. i followed your thread from it's inception until u all returned from your inaugural on the Freedom.

please say hello to Emmy for me....we've been chatting on the boards for a looooooong time but haven't had an opportunity to cruise together.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
this board has been whacky lately. i'd love to join the PBS on one of your future cruises. you all are a great group. i followed your thread from it's inception until u all returned from your inaugural on the Freedom.

please say hello to Emmy for me....we've been chatting on the boards for a looooooong time but haven't had an opportunity to cruise together.
I will say Hello to Emmy for you, and I do know you have been on other threads with her and I know she is looking forword to cruising with you too, so we will all cruise togeather on the Genesis

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

I will say Hello to Emmy for you, and I do know you have been on other threads with her and I know she is looking forword to cruising with you too, so we will all cruise togeather on the Genesis

Carol

Plus Member

BOB and CAROL

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

Carol

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting and cruising with all of you. I know it'll be a cruise for the memory books.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

hi everyone! I am just getting into this new ship as I entered the name contest...

do you guys have any clue as to what will be on this new one? I have no idea at all, I just know it will be bigger.

Carnival Fascination
Carnival Destiny x2
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Imagination x2
Carnival Freedom

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas x2
Sovereign of the Seas

Norwegian Sky

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

And before this becomes another chit chat, float-away lounge thread, back on topic: I definitely will not book a stern cabin. That super structure from the side looks worse than the Voyager or Freedom Class.

And...don't see no rock climbing.

Last edited by FL_Cruiser64; February 22nd, 2008 at 11:32 PM.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

MC.
Are we allowed to post real old pictures in this thread? Like 8 days really old pictures.