Brilliance of the Seas - Tips on shore excursions PLEASE

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Other Mediterranean Ports
Dubrovnik, Gibraltar, Istanbul, Kotor, Kusadasi, La Goulette (Tunis), Lisbon, Madeira (Funchal), Malta, Odessa, Sevastopol, Varna, Zadar
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:54 AM.
PERTH AUSTRALIA
10 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Our 10 member family is doing the Brilliance of the Seas Mediterranean cruise leaving Barcelona on 4 July 08. Ports are Barcelona, Spain; Villefranche (Nice), France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Naples, Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain.

I am looking for some recommended shore excursions that we can do as a family. the prices i have found are around 800 Euros for a Mini van. this seems a bit pricey. we are interested in good food and sights and would like to go off the beaten track if possible. very interested in Amalfi coast tour. we are foodies. any tips would be very much appreciated.
B - Ohio, R - Ohio, L - Texas
19,796 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Originally posted by ozziecruiser88
Our 10 member family is doing the Brilliance of the Seas Mediterranean cruise leaving Barcelona on 4 July 08. Ports are Barcelona, Spain; Villefranche (Nice), France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Naples, Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain.

I am looking for some recommended shore excursions that we can do as a family. the prices i have found are around 800 Euros for a Mini van. this seems a bit pricey. we are interested in good food and sights and would like to go off the beaten track if possible. very interested in Amalfi coast tour. we are foodies. any tips would be very much appreciated.
Try This Forum for some ideas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Good Luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Cat - Chuck

Co-Founder of the Proud Indulgent Rum And Tequilla Enjoyment Society

Carnival Breeze 10/30/2016 (Back and Better Than Ever!!!!)

REBOOT 2015-2016
Magic 2015, Magic-2014, Breeze-2013, Magic-2012,
Conquest-2011, Oasis B2B 2011, Conquest-2010, Ecstasy-2010,
Conquest-2009, Ecstasy-2009, Brilliance-2008, Miracle-2007, Conquest-2006,
Rhapsody-2005, Vision-2003, Rhapsody-2002, Inspiration-2001, Jubilee-1999