Bringing Alcohol Aboard The Carribean Princess

kbruder1

Hi:

Because I am "cheap" in nature, I was wondering if anyone had brought their own alcohol aboard the Princess. I have never sailed on the Princess Cruise Line before, I have sailed with Norwegian and Costa. Neither of those two cruise lines told me I couldnt bring my own soda and alcohol aboard. I usually bring them in my carryon's and not in my big luggage.

Could anyone let me know if they have done this in the past. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kris

Kris--search under CruisingIsLife's posts--he's had some pretty hilarious stuff about his last cruise and giftwrapping Heinekens. Lots of controversy, just go back a little and you'll find it all. Also, a recent poll about what topics people would like to see "retired" addressed it again. In short, lots of people attempt to bring lots of drinks on board (especially if they don't have their favorite drinks on the ship). Most, I've gathered, are successful. It's probably a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Most who do bring stuff on board say they also have pretty big bar bills, anyway. We brought bottled water and a bottle of Bailey's on board last time, no problems. I've never seen a written policy from Princess addressing this.

I am also booked on my first cruise with Princess. I found on the Personalizer page you can pre order liquor,wine or beer for your cruise so it will be available in your cabin when you get on board. No need to smuggle. The prices are excellent. I find this exceptional service along with their PC dining. I am so looking forward to a Princess cruise. I have been on Carnival, RC, Costa, and Celebrity numerous time and have never this offered.

Princess has rules against bringing on anything other than wine, soda, and possibly beer, (though that seems to depend on the embarkation crew). You can take on liquor if you can figure a way to get it on - but it is against Princess' policy. That said, the price of liquor by the bottle onboard is very reasonable. If you're received your first set of documents, you should have a brochure that includes Bon Voyage gifts. Liquor prices are listed there. Hope this helps. Donia

Princess has rules against bringing on anything other than wine, soda, and possibly beer, (though that seems to depend on the embarkation crew). You can take on liquor if you can figure a way to get it on - but it is against Princess' policy. That said, the price of liquor by the bottle onboard is very reasonable. If you're received your first set of documents, you should have a brochure that includes Bon Voyage gifts. Liquor prices are listed there. Hope this helps. Donia

This is true and an accurate assessment of what I found on our most recent cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess earlier this summer. We bought liquor in advance of sailing and had it waiting for us after we boarded. It was reasonably priced and readily available which I thought was great.

I don't think Chris will ever live down the Heinie trick. I'm a serious beer drinker, but as long as they serve Bud, Coors, or any combo of their products I'll never have the dilemma that serious off brand beer people might have. As for the liqour I'm seriously going the preorder way. Grey Goose + a healthy Bud, Coors, and soda stash will be ready for my cabin when I board. The savings are just too good.

I don't mind ordering the goose from princess, but what about the vermoth and olives. I travel with shaker, olives and vermoth. Love to have a drink while getting ready. Is there enough ice in the frig or can we get some sent to the room?

Stella

I found the alcohol prices on my recent Regal Princess cruise to be much less than those at land based bars and restaurants. Perhaps carrying on isn’t as economical as it seems to be. Drinks that are priced over $5 here in the Bay Area are less than $4 on board.

we take some for our cabin, not to save money, but to have the brands we like and not to have to go out to one of the bars or wait for room service. plus they dont have brandy, just cognac which i hate!

we spend plenty at the bars and in the dining room so cost is not the reason. we buy the day we are boarding, pack it in the middle of the checked luggage and carryon the items we took out of the suitcases. never had a problem in 15 cruises on six lines.

Question. If I buy Vodka onboard and bring vermouth, a shaker and olives will the steward bring me Martini glasses if I ask for them? I have some cool backyard plastic ones but much prefer glass.

Stella

I don't know the official policy (if there is one) on this but our cabin steward on the Caribbean Princess kept us supplied with a nice assortment of bar glassware, including Martini glasses, as well as really great bar-quality ice

I must be missing something here, Most of you have said that the prices are cheaper than on land, but are you referring to the beer and wine also, ???? 16.75 for a six pack of bud :eek: seems alittle expensive, as well as 20 bucks for Sutter home white zin, what size are the wine bottles??? Sutter home White zin in my parts (ma) are about $5 dollars for the small bottle and 9 for the large, sometimes you can get the small ones on sale for 3.99. I do enjoy my wine and hubby likes his bud, but for those prices, I'll smuggle my own beer on, and stick the wine in my carry on.

We took a case of Corona and a case of Natural Light on in June. Some was in carryons and the rest in checked luggage. No one said anything or confiscated anything either. The only thing I heard was people wanting to know where I got my Corona and if they could buy one from me!! ( I do not like Dos Equis which is sold on the ship). There was nothing like sitting on the back of the ship watching the wake, good conversation and Corona.

Archived