Caribbean Princes

cusyl

Couldnt get to former thread. Word is now that we will stay on the ship until at least Monday. The ports are closed...they are offering us to stay on the ship for remainder of week for $299.

Calm seas and sunny here in the Gulf of Mexico. traveling about 5 knots.

Cusyl ~ How lucky for you that you get extra days on the ship. I would take the $299 if my schedule could adjust for those days. What will you do? What about the people who really had to be back home at the scheduled time? How are they filling your extra sea days since they were not on the original schedule?

Couldnt get to former thread. Word is now that we will stay on the ship until at least Monday. The ports are closed...they are offering us to stay on the ship for remainder of week for $299.

Calm seas and sunny here in the Gulf of Mexico. traveling about 5 knots.

Are you gonna do it?

The 9/4 cruise must not have been sold out, or either lots of people have cancelled due to the change in sail times. I wonder which. Until they get you back to FLL, you don't have to pay a dime -- isn't it still considered the orignial cruise you left on on 8/28 until they return you to the proper port??

i don't get it. They are not getting back to fll til Monday and they are going

to ask you to pay 299 and you can't get off?

Ummm... no... what she means is that once they finally DO get back to port they can stay on the ship and do the NEXT (shorter) cruise for $299. Turning their 1-week cruise into a 2-week cruise for the extra $299.

TinaLee

As a cruiser that should have boarded the Caribbean Princess YESTERDAY. A lot of people are canceling because they could not make it to FLL by 10pm or they just didn't want the hassle of changing flights/schedules or they found out we are going West and they wanted to go East or They live in FL and want to make sure their property is fine after the storm.

We should have stayed for this week for the $299, but we were anxious to get home to our cats. LOL....it was quite a deal and a lot of people took them up on it. When we got home on Monday afternoon late from the Cruise Connection bus we had no power, as a large cable supplying the neighborhood was laying in our back yard. Evidentally it burned in two in the neighbor's tree. Thankfully we had no damage, but my cable modem was out until today so couldn't get online.

The extra days on the ship were delightful as we were in calm seas and sunshine. A few interesting comments however, are that Princess did everything they could to keep their customers happy. They allowed free internet and phone service from the ship for the remainder of the voyage. If you can picture this, on Thursday the Captain announced that we would be coming into port Saturday afternoon and that people should change their reservations accordingly. We overnighted at the pier in Cozumel and the gangway was open all night for the party animals.

However, on Friday the Captain announced that we would instead be coming into FLL on Sunday to change their reservations. Anyone wanting to spend the night onboard and leave the next morning could do so. The next day he announced that the port would not be open until Monday morning and they should change their reservations again.

By this time, the airlines were all closed for the storm...people could not get out on the phone because the 10 lines were always busy. There were long lines at the internet cafe. I found the library, which had 3 computers was much faster as the lines were smaller.

There was a huge amount of Asians onboard this voyage, it must have been a special tour group or something. I overheard one passenger who said someone at the purser's office told them that the Asians were up all night long using the phone lines and talking for hours to their friends and family over there. Can you imagine what those phone calls should have cost? For this reason even when people woke up in the middle of the night and tried to use the phones they couldn't get a line out.

We had no problem as we knew the Cruise Connection bus would be there for us when the port opened.

Also, they only added tips for the 7 day cruise and none for the additional days which I didnt think was fair for the crew, so we tipped as we went for the extra days.

All in all it was a great cruise. Our mini suite on Dolphin deck was the best cabin we have ever had.

Archived