Elation Review 8/29

danthemanwoods

AWESOME TIME............

There were less than 250 kids on board our cruise. My wife and I estimated even less than that. Sorry I didn't come to the CC meeting on monday. My wife and I took advantage of a nap a day so we just didn't make it there.... sorry.

overall the trip was awesome...

1st day at sea was fun... took a nap, ate A LOT, and the comedian was good

2nd day.... Progresso sucks... the town is dirty, the beach is dirty and the water was dirty. I was hotter than he## so my wife and I went back to the ship and laid out on the topless deck. That was OK except for the creepy single scuzzy guys who kept coming up there and staring.

3rd day... Cozumel was awesome. We opted to snorkel on our own at Dzul Ha. We took a taxi for 8$ to Palmar beach club and me Sherri. She outfitted the girls with snorkel vests and rented us lockers and told us which way the currents ran. She also told us where the good stuff was. We were in the water about 300 feet off shore when the cruise excursions dropped their snorkelers off almost on top of us. This wasn't bad though, cuz they were only there for about 30 minutes. We got a great laugh out of the fact that they paid 75$ to snorkel at the same spot for 30 minutes that we paid 8$ to snorkel at for 2 hours. So, if you go and want to snorkel, just pay for a taxi to dzul ha. Pal Mar beach club is right there, so go visit Sherri and she will set you up and tell you all about the reef. After snorkeling we went to paradise beach and met Tom. He is an awesome guy. I climbed the iceberg and pretty much used all the energy I had to get to the top. I'm 250 pounds and that thing is huge. We ate a really good lunch and we got a bucket of beer and some margaritas. All told for the day, we spent about 80$ for taxi's, food, and snorkeling. We were even back on the ship with time to spare. So, WHATEVER YOU DO, do not take the snorkel excursion off the ship. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

4th day in Belize was cool too. We did do the shark and sting ray alley excursion because it takes too much time to tender to shore and then do the excursion from there and be back to the ship. We were the second tender out in the morning @ 8:15 and one of the last one's back at 4:35. The boat trip to the place was two hours, but when we got there, many other people were there so we went and ate lunch. we then went back to the alley and had it all to our selves. The sharks were shy. They were cool though and some even got up to about 12' long. The rays were cool and you could even go under the water and ride them. We also dropped off by the barrier reef and that was incredible. Even better than Dzul Ha. If you are into snorkeling this is a once in a lifetime trip.

The rest of the days sort of just blended together with lots of food sleeping and what not. I must say all of the shows were good except the second comedian. My cats can tell better jokes than he could. I wish we had hung out in the piano bar more with Damian. He was beyond belief. If you go pass up the vegas shows and hang out with him. He even put on glittery star glasses when he did crocodile rock by Elton John.

The service on board was awesome and we gave out plenty of extra tips. It was nice to get a "hello" or "good afternoon" from every carnival employee we saw.

The only problem I've had is that since I've gotten off the boat I got sea sick. Don't ask me why but my house is rocking more than the boat ever did. Oh, and my whole upper torso is peeling off.

Awesome time... and for those who have ever had a bad time on this ship, you made it a bad time. With all the stuff going on and all of the fun, if you don't have a good time, it's your fault.

Danny:D

Thanks for the review, sounds like you had some nice R&R. We will be on her on the 26th. I have always said that a bad day at sea is better than a good day at work.

Glad to hear that the piano bar is a happening place that is where DH and I love to hang out after dinner. I have never been on a cruise that I didn't have fun. There is always some fun to find.Thanks Again

With respect to DantheMan...(I couldn't add to his review, so I just reworked his words.)

AWESOME TIME............

1st day at sea was fun... took a nap, ate A LOT, and Thomas Brown was good.

2nd day.... Progresso sucks... the town is dirty, the beach is dirty and the water was dirty. We hopped off of the ship and met many people returning from the small shopping area just past the pier. Hearing many people saying "too hot, too dirty", we shopped a bit and headed back aboard.

3rd day... Cozumel was awesome. We did the Hideaway Beach and Power Boat Excursion. My 40 yr. old Sis-o-Stir drove like a 13 yr. old boy. We LOAO and she nearly threw me out of the boat once. I'm telling Daddy...

4th day ...Belize. We never made it to the tender. We had not booked an excursion and every time (3 times) that we went down to catch the tender so that we could at least say we'd stepped on Belizian soil, we were told "15 minutes". We gave up and enjoyed the day sitting by the pool. We got a Kiss on the Lips several times. YUM.

We had a "most excellent adventure" and it was a wonderful way to celebrate our birthdays!:D

Thanks for the review. Sounds wonderful and I just can't wait. Going to make final payment today so I will be waiting for my documents next week...LOL

I too got sick once I got home, it was the weirdest thing. But, I am glad it happened at home and not on the ship.

Thanks again and welcome home everyone

Archived