Bringing wine and soda on board

cheeron

Carnival allows you to carry on a bottle of wine or champagne ($10 corking fee if opened in the dining room)... As for the reasonable amount of soda/water they allow.... what is reasonable to one may not be reasonable for another... Some have taken a 12 pack, some a case... use your best judgement and good luck!!!!!

We took our rolling ice chest filled it with a case of waterbottles and a 12 pk of diet soda. DO NOT ADD ICE YET!! We put a bungee around the lid to make sure in the toss of luggage it didn't open up and spill everywhere!

Our room steward everyday, had that thing filled with ice, every morn and every night. It really was a great suggestion by Kajsb !! You just check it in with your luggage.

As for wine, we took a few small bottles.

Okay, I'll say it again :D You are "allowed" to bring along one bottle of wine or champagne per stateroom. If you find a "way" to bring on the rest... it's all good... but carrying on 6 would definitely conflict with their stated policy. From Carnival's website...

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

One bottle of fine wine or champagne, per stateroom, may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

We had a soft sided cooler - packed 24 soda cans in there and checked it with our luggage. No problem. Then we bubble wrapped a large bottle of wine, a bottle of Coconut Rum with MaiTai mix and a bottle of Peppermint Schnaaps. No problem there either. And yes, we did buy drinks. It was just nice to have a drink on our balcony - and the last night with cruisenmom on their big balcony. We did not drink it all and left it in the cabin as we threw away the bubble wrap!!!!

We took 7 bottles of wine aboard and a 12 pack of diet 7-up, when we went on Elation in Feb 04. When we went through security they took 6 cans of 7-up from me and said all the wine was fine. Sounds goofy doesn't it? I drink diet 7-up with Seagrams (which I carry in a water bottle while boarding) not Sprite, but they said their policy was 6 cans of pop. They DID NOT CARE I had 7 bottles of wine. They looked to see if wine was sealed and sent me on my way.

Last October on the Glory we brought 8 bottles of red wine with us. One of the large fat ones for the room for before/after dinner and one for every night in the dining room. Course we ended up in the Emerald Room one night with Champagne but we made sure we drank that extra bottle before the week was up! :)

No one said a thing. I packed it in our softsided carryon and we carried it on. No questions asked!

Hi! Just came off the Legend acouple of weeks ago. In our rolling carry ons we brought 3 litters of gingerale, 2 litters of seltzer, 1 bottle of champagne, 3 bottles of Asti spumante, a six pack of short gingerale cans, and a six pack of short pepsi cans. in our luggage we packed 2 bottles of zinfindal and a large bottle of seagrams 7. No one looked in the luggage or the carry ons. It was amazing we were able to get it on. I did print out their beverage policy stating a reasonable amount of fine wine could be brought on. That was what we considered fine wine. We also bought drinks and wine on board, but it was nice to be able to have it in our cabin when we wanted it. It also saved us a considerable amount of $$. My philosophy is if they take it, you get it back at the end of the cruise, so why not try!

Good Luck!!

Archived