Posted May 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Last edited by Ephraim; May 28th, 2008 at 01:33 PM
Mark my words, this will turn out to be a crisis for RCCL. I was a huge fan of this cruise line! I retired early, Alice and I took 2 cruises last year and planed to do 2 this year and in the years to come do at least 3 cruises or more per yr. Should our June, immersion cruise not be to our liking, I.E.
1) English not spoken by ship staff
2) Excursions in a forging laungage
3) Food totally forging
3) Smoking area expanded
4) Entertainment in forging language
5) Euros as on board currency
7) Meal times drastically different
Then we will find other cruising vendors to give our money too!!
1) Do you really think that they will change the entire staff and run examinations to ensure that they can't speak English? English will be the SECOND language on the ship, just not the first.
2) Excursions will be offered in English as long as there are enough customers asking for English.
3) Totally foreign food? So you think that the Spanish eat daisies, hay and hard boiled seaweed? No one has said that. Most food is international in nature and while they may add a few local dishes, there should be plenty to eat.
3) (Again, look above, it's not my fault!) This is a crisis? People are dying every day in wars all over the earth and this is a crisis?
4) Yup, all comedy in a foreign language, only foreign language music as well. You aren't even allowed to sit in the theatre if you are American-English speaking. Flamenco dancers dancing to Spanish music.. the horror, it would be better if they did Flamenco to Madonna songs from the 80s. (Sarcasm is definitely implied)
5) What REAL difference does the currency onboard make? If it's USD 8 or EUR 5 there is no real difference, other than the fact that some people don't know how to use a calculator and certainly can't manage to type 8 USD in EUR
in google. Hey, maybe the world should switch to using USD everywhere just to make it easier for American tourists.
7) So, it was okay when the Spanish had to eat early to accommodate you, but not acceptable when you have to eat later to accommodate them?
This isn't a crisis at all. This is just another hysteric thread beating a dead horse.