kayaking in Dubrovnik? - or countryside tour?

Looking for input on kayaking in Dubrovnik. I have been in correspondence with Nora of laura-adventures and the 3.5 hour kayak trip sounds fun. We are in port form 7 to 7. Plan to walk the walls prior to meeting at noon for the kayak trip.

Has anyone done this, with laura-adventures or another company? The kayak trip heads out to Lokrum Island. Seems like a long way to paddle but sounds fun.

Also have arranged with Alan of Secret Dalmatia to do a Konavle wine tasting and late traditional lunch with a "off the beaten path" tour of this area.

Obviously need to decide which one..or neither...perhaps just walk the walls and sit at Buza bar and drink beer....

If you have done either of these excursions/tours please let me know if you like them, would do them again....thank you so much!

We just returned a couple weeks ago, and I'd make sure walking at least a portion of the walls was on the itinerary. The kayaking seemed OK from our vantage point from a small bar outside the walls looking down. The water is beautiful, and the view from the sea of a walled city is pretty special. It was a little choppy for the kayakers, but nothing too bad.

A couple that went on a bike excursion throughout the countryside raved about it, calling it their best excursion ever. Other than their perspective, nothing else to share about it really.

Bick, thanks for the comments. The family has pretty much nixed the idea of kayaking so I think I will cancel that excursion. Still deciding between the Country Home in Konavle tour by Carnival or a private one with Secret Dalmatia at twice the cost...

so many decisions

• 4 months later...

You could also consider renting a car for the day and going to Kotor in Montenegro. We did this and it was very nice. We were not on a cruise though. We picked the car up at the Hilton Hotel, just outside the gate. I think we paid 38E for the day which include all insurance.

We rented from SIXT for two one day rentals in Dubrovnik. Picked the car up each day at the Hilton Hotel location (you have to specifiy a time because the agent is not there all of the time). We booked on line. It was a small Citroen- 34E day/38E with 0 decuctable including all perils. We were pleased with the agency. Dubrovnik is very easy to navigate into and out of. It was a snap to get on the road to Montenegro. As per the OP, I would highly recommend booking ahead of time via the internet. It will be significantly cheaper than just walking in to the agency.

Archived