Is Coco Cay still a possibility for our 10/25 Majesty sailing?

cnmiranda

Hello, was wondering if anyone had comments as to how extensive the damage to Coco Cay has been. We will be sailing in 6 weeks and am wishing Coco Cay will be repaired by then. Are these hopes realistic? I feel bad for my little nieces, it's their first time on a cruise ship and they were looking forward to Coco Cay the most! We'll survive of course but it would be nice if we do make it there :D Any insights? Thanks for your thoughts.

I am on the same cruise and have been reading these boards over the past week wondering the same thing. I have read from a staff member on the Majesty (her name is Lauryn) that they are expecting to have the damage cleaned up at the island in two weeks. But I have also read that there have been damages to some beach areas that would take 6-8 weeks to repair, so I am not sure. I am planning on booking some excursions on Coco Cay just in case and will keep my hopes up. I didn't realize that beaches could get washed away, but it makes sense. It would take time for them to return. Hopefully, RCL will work hard to get us there so they can make money on our excursions!

Heather

-----Coco is not physically gone, just not gonna be a stop for a while cause the divers and staff are going to be there to re-build it for about 2 weeks on the time table right now. -----

Here is the quote I was referring to. If you search for postings by LaurynRCI, it is listed under a discussion titled "How did Coco Cay fare".

I am sure she will post again to let us know once they are able to get into Coco Cay. Hopefully we'll get there on our Oct 25th cruise! I am going with my best friend, we are both first time cruisers. We were really looking forward to Coco Cay, but from what I've been reading, a lot of people enjoy the sea days too and we don't have any of those on our short cruise.

Heather

Hi Heather, nice to find someone on our cruise! I am going ahead and booking shore excursions for Coco Cay because there are so many family members to take care of. The online booking engine has been a nightmare because all the kids are listed as adults! I've called RCCL 2 times today trying to straighten everything out, because of course adult rates are much more expensive than children. Things still aren't right.

Anyhoo, we are really looking forward to the vacation, there will be 17 of us and hubby's and my second cruise on the Majesty. You're in for a great treat Heather! Best wishes! Majesty was our first cruise and now look at us 2 years later! Majesty is great because you visit a different port each day, the weather is great, the ports are great, and ditto for the food! Majesty is the ship that started our love of cruising. You'll be hooked for sure! Have a great time!:D:D:D

I am confidant that RCCL will get Cocoa Cay back on track ASAP.. Future sales depend on it and everyone loves it.. Probably in 6 weeks you will be fine.. Book your shore excursions.. just be prepared to be flexible!! Things happen.. even out of Hurricane Season.

Glad to see others going on the Oct. 25th cruise, too. There are 3 of us - my sister, my mother and myself. Going to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. She's not your typical 80 year old though. Last year we got her to jump off the boat in Grand Cayman to swim with the stingrays and she doesn't even know how to swim! My birthday happens to fall during this upcoming cruise, too, so it will be a double celebration. Are there alot of people on this board going on this sailing?

According to Seatrade Insider, a pretty reliable source of cruise industry information, beach erosion is the main problem at CocoCay. Structures are intact, but beach revitalization will take approximately 2-3 weeks.

It appears Disney's Castaway Cay and Holland America's Half Moon Cay were the least effected of all the private islands. Ship's from those lines will begin calling on the islands this week.

Ernie

Ok so latest update on coco cay guys..... All the buildings are still there so all they are doing is rebuilding the beaches by bringing sand over from freeport. It should be ready in another 2 weeks so the 25th is looking good for ya'.... have fun. Wish I could meet everyone coming then but I will already be on the Monarch in LA... have fun with the crew here though cause they are all great.

Thank you so much Lauryn for checking in. You are a true asset to RCCL. :D I'm so glad we will hopefully be able to enjoy Coco Cay.

Starfire, there is a small roll call for our sailing in the "Meet & Mingle" section of this board. From what I've seen the ship is mostly sold out, only interiors are availible.

Can't wait:):cool::)

Lauryn

I am not on this sailing nor any until 5/05 but I want to take the time to thank you for your information that you have provided all of us CC's with. Even though the hurricanes do not affect a large number of us, we are all interested. Due to being close to the situation, we have been to CocoCay three times, Grand Caymen twice, and so forth. We are all interested in all islands and countries making it back to pre-hurricane status. Our prayers are with them.

Again, thanks for taking the time from your busy day to let us know about the situation. You are a definite asset to RCI.

Tim

Ok so latest update on coco cay guys..... All the buildings are still there so all they are doing is rebuilding the beaches by bringing sand over from freeport. It should be ready in another 2 weeks so

Wow, that sounds a awful lot like what I just said in my previous post. ;)

Ernie

Archived