Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Disney Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disney Cruise Line
Read Disney Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Disney Cruise Deals.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default When is the cheapest time to cruise on disney.....

My husband, my parents and myself went on a disney cruise last December....we were looking to go again the same tome but found it to be about $1000 more that last year. And tips or flukes on a certain time of year?? We are dying to go again. I have been on 6 cruises in the last 2 years and none have compaired to Disney.
We want to go again so back, but at those prices unfortunatly we decided to go on an NCL in December unless of course we can find a comparable sailing. Thanks for any help.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

The cheapest I've seen is usually fall cruises during the prime of hurricane season (Sept/Oct.) Book as many months ahead as you can and then monitor the prices for drops. People say Disney rarely drops in price but I've caught price drops on every DCL cruise I've booked.

11/28/14 Disney Dream - Bahamas, 4/10/15 RCCL Grandeur - Bahamas, 5/16/15 Carnival Splendor - CTN, 10/23/15 Carnival Splendor - Bermuda
3/14 Disney Dream - Bahamas
8/13 Disney Dream - Bahamas, 5/13 Carnival Glory - CTN, 4/13 Disney Dream - Bahamas, 10/13 Carnival Glory - Bahamas, 11/13 RCCL Grandeur - Bahamas

8/12 Disney Dream - Bahamas
10/11 Celebrity Millenium - Western
12/10 Disney Wonder - Bahamas, 11/10 Crown Princess - Western, 8/10 Disney Wonder - Bahamas, 5/10 Carnival Dream - Western
10/09 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 5/09 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 2/09 RCCL Monarch - Bahamas
11/08 Disney Magic - Western, 8/08 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 6/08 NCL Pearl - Alaska
6/07 RCCL Empress - Bermuda, 2/07 Disney Wonder - Bahamas
9/06 RCCL Jewel - Transatlantic, 5/06 RCCL Mariner - Eastern, 4/06 RCCL Grandeur - Western
9/05 RCCL Grandeur - Western, 5/05 Disney Wonder - Bahamas

Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

We're doing the land and sea package for our honeymoon and the ship leaves sept 18, and it turned out that was the cheapest package of the whole year. Fall is definitely the cheapest because of hurricane season and all the kids are back in school at that time.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

The cheapest I have ever seen it was early Dec, last minute. And inside cabins. I personally can't do either of those (claustrophobic and uber-planner!)

The cruise we are doing this coming Sept 27 was quite a bargain. But we booked 14 months out. This hurricane season cruise has gone up over 1K since we booked.

So yes, as was already mentioned, hurricane season far far in advance.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdanemom View Post
The cheapest I've seen is usually fall cruises during the prime of hurricane season (Sept/Oct.) Book as many months ahead as you can and then monitor the prices for drops. People say Disney rarely drops in price but I've caught price drops on every DCL cruise I've booked.
hey guys, am i confused or is this saying that if you book your cruise and then they drop the price, are you able to get money back and take the lower priced cruise.

thanks for the help.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

My Example of booking early is to lock in the lowest price. DCL, unlike most cruise lines, almost always go up as the time gets closer to sail.

But I believe if they do lower the price (very rarely), they will lower the price of the cruise for you.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

thanks for the info. we have booked our next cruise in sept, that wasthe best deal we had found.
thanks again

Old June 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks so much --- this'll help in the travel planning.

Old June 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cheapest Disney times

We've cruised on Disney 25+ times because we're local and we have Disney Vacation Club points, so it's super easy for us. Cheap times for cruising are after Labor Day to a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas, and about a week after New Year's until around March 10th-ish or so (when Spring break hits).

For warm weather and warm water, we love September but there's always the chance of the stray hurricane making a mess of stuff. January is always wonderful for the low humidity. Makes the shore excursions way more pleasant, but the swimming kinda iffy.

Hope this helps!